With the monsoons approaching, here are some tips to ensure that you can safely tackle those water-logged roads.
- Ensure that you ride as slow as possible for you will never know which infamous pothole has been camouflaged by water.
- Avoid stomping on your brakes or panic braking, because your tyres give you less traction on water and more the chances to skid.
- Keep your lights on, even during the day, for during heavy rains visibility is diminished, and you need to be seen clearly.
- If the water is deep enough to cover your exhaust pipe, ensure that you always keep the engine ‘revved’ so that the water does not enter your exhaust, because if it does, it’ll ruin your engine.
- In case your bike stalls in traffic, it could be because of water seeping into the spark plug. Just remove the wire that connects to your sparkplug and blow it dry or wipe it with a cloth. Put the plug cap back and your bike should start again.
- As much as possible try and stick to the centre of the road as the corners are more prone to be water-logged.
- Last but not the least, if the rain is too heavy, stop in a shelter and wait for it to reduce. Better late than never right!
In times of trouble, give us a ring at 1800-258-5956