Some of the best types of preschool curriculum for a kid are Reggio Emilia, Montessori, Waldorf, Multiple Intelligence and Playway.
What are the Best Ways to Choose a Good Preschool?
One of the most crucial choices a parent will ever make is enrolling their child in preschool. They should choose a preschool for their little ones only after weighing the advantages and disadvantages. This is because preschool is the place where a child makes priceless early childhood experiences.
In this guide, we are going to learn how to choose a preschool for your kids and the importance of the same.
What Is a Preschool?
Before their child begins full-time (or "big") school, parents have a variety of options for child care and education for their little ones. One of those options is preschool.
Preschool programs are made to educate kids between the ages of three and five. Preschool teaches your child via play and typically has fewer hours than long daycare. A kindergarten or preschool is typically taught by a certified teacher at a facility specifically designed for that purpose, while preschool programs are occasionally provided in long-term care facilities and other types of child care.
What Are the Factors to Consider While Choosing A Preschool?
1. Distance of the PreschoolTake the school's location into account. Starting preschool and spending a few hours away from home and their parents is a big transition in a child's life. As a result, it is crucial to ensure the shift is comfortable and seamless overall. The youngster will not enjoy coming to school at all if you pick a preschool that is far from your home because they will become fatigued from all the travelling.
2. Preschool Campus
Visit the preschools you have shortlisted before deciding. A preschool does not have to be large or extravagant. Above all, it should be secure. Once you are certain of the school's security and safety, determine whether the building is geared towards kids.
If the classrooms and hallways are well-lit, have broad stairs, anti-slip mats, neat and clean restrooms, with dedicated staff and are kid-friendly with appealing colours and accessories, then it is easy for children to relate to the environment.
3. Faculty and Teaches at Preschool
Teachers at the top preschools radiate warmth and love. They will be in charge of looking after the child when the parents are not around. In other words, they are second mothers. So, while selecting a preschool, schedule a faculty meeting.
Parents must ascertain whether the teachers are sufficiently trained and experienced to work with young children. They should apply for admission only after being confident in the teachers and that the child would be in good care.
4. Teaching MethodologyThe preschool curriculum tends to vary. Check the curriculum your preferred preschool uses before enrolling your child in pre-primary classes. Many schools use a hybrid curriculum, while others only use Montessori or Waldorf teaching methods. Other crucial abilities must be inculcated at the pre-primary level before the kid engages in mainstream academics.
5. Proper Communication
The top preschools typically keep open lines of communication with parents. It is crucial because, in order to improve the lives of all children, parents and schools must work together.
Do not forget to inquire about the frequency and way of contact that the school uses before applying for admission. Additionally, find out how frequently or during what hours the principal or teachers are available if you have any concerns.
Why Is Preschool Important?
Children will learn how to improve their emotional and social development in preschool. Further, they learn conflict resolution, respect, and compromise. Children can explore, develop a sense of self, interact with friends, and increase their self-confidence in preschool. The importance of preschool can be understood better by the following pointers:
To Train for School: The control of behaviour is an essential part of preschool learning. Children learn about waiting, routine, and final instructions. A good preschool encourages children to explore, experiment, and converse in order to find solutions.
To Develop Language and Intellectual Skills: A linguistically rich setting fosters a child’s language development. By introducing new terminology through art projects, snack time, and several other engaging activities, teachers in the classroom assist students in developing their language skills. Teachers enhance a child’s curiosity so they can sing, chat about books, and play while learning a new language.
To Boost Self-Confidence: In preschool, kids learn how to take care of themselves. Children learn to do things on their own, without assistance from parents or teachers, such as wash their hands, use the restroom, take off their shoes, and put their possessions away. Further, kids work in the classroom and take joy in contributing to the learning environment. In this manner, they can develop their confidence by learning new things.
When to Apply for Preschool?
The best time to get admission to preschool is when a kid reaches or crosses three years of age. Many 3-year-olds will succeed at preschool, but some will need a little more time to develop the necessary abilities. It's a significant decision to decide if your child is ready for preschool, but there are some important signs that can guide your choice.
A standard age for preschool education is 3 to 5 years old. However, this does not imply that all 3-year-olds are ready to start kindergarten. Many children may do better to delay starting school until they are 4 years old, and even then, they might benefit from a half-day program.
What Parents Should Expect From Preschool?
While understanding the importance of preschool, it is also essential to know what to expect from a preschool. Parents have various expectations for their children between the ages of 3 and 5 years .
- Some parents want their kids to engage in "real learning" or educational pursuits. Writing, reading, and learning numbers are just a few examples of official school-based learning activities.
- Other parents prioritise ensuring that their kids are protected and happy in a stimulating atmosphere where they may choose what games to play. Teachers who interact with students and socialise in their play, foster a learning atmosphere.
- Further sports-based programs, which include activities like block building, are more likely to concentrate on young children's academic achievement.
A parent basically wants a child’s growth in the following domains:
- Language development
Now that you know how to choose a preschool, consider the above-mentioned pointers in mind as you search for a preschool for your child. Keep in mind that your child deserves the best, so gather all the information you can and then decide accordingly.
FAQs about Choosing a Good Preschool
Some of the important factors to consider while choosing a preschool for your kid are distance of the school, school campus, school’s credibility, faculty and teachers, teaching method, communication, transparency, and whether or not they provide snacks
Some of the most important things that a child develops in kindergarten are problem-solving skills, creative thinking, responsibility, independence, confidence, self-worth, and being ready for “big” school
Typically, the age between 18 months to 5 years is considered to be preschool age. However, parents must know that every child is different and learn at their own pace.
- This is an informative article provided on 'as is' basis for awareness purpose only and not intended as a professional advice. The content of the article is derived from various open sources across the Internet. Digit Life Insurance is not promoting or recommending any aspect in the article or its correctness. Please verify the information and your requirement before taking any decisions.
- All the figures reflected in the article are for illustrative purposes. The premium for Coverage that one buys depends on various factors including customer requirements, eligibility, age, demography, insurance provider, product, coverage amount, term and other factors
- Tax Benefits, if applicable depend on the Tax Regime opted by the individual and the applicable tax provision. Please consult your Tax consultant before making any decision.