After selecting a hybrid fund to invest in, individuals must decide whether to opt for a direct plan or a regular plan. The former is offered by fund houses directly. That said, in case of the latter, individuals need to route their investments via a broker or distributor.
To invest in a scheme’s direct plan, investors can apply via certain online third-party platforms/mobile apps. Alternatively, they can visit a branch of the fund house directly or visit the AMC’s website to invest.
One can follow these steps to invest via an AMC’s website:
- Browse the website of the fund management company.
- Create an account for login.
- Fill up the form mentioning all details.
- Provide KYC and other mentioned documents.
- Select preferable hybrid fund options.
- Submit details.
- Make payment.
- Retrieve the account details and investment details.
- You may also request to connect with a fund manager by clicking on the respective option.
Once deciding which plan to opt for, investors must pick the investment mode. They may choose the lump some route, which allows them to invest the entire savings available with them in one go. Or, they can invest through a systematic investment plan (SIP). This mode allows them to invest a fixed amount at regular intervals.