Go Digit General Insurance Limited (“Digit”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy and confidentiality of your Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
In the process of you using this Website or availing of the existing or future services or facility provided by the Website, you may be required to furnish information, including Personal information and/or Sensitive Personal Information and/or any other information that is of a confidential nature. You are urged to keep the information current to ensure that the services and facility remain relevant and enable us to reach you.
1. “Digit” or “Company” or “Us” or “We”- refers to Go Digit General Insurance Limited.
2. “Insurance Policy” means general insurance policy issued/ that may be issued by Digit.
4. “You” or “User(s)” means the person(s) visiting/accessing the Website in any capacity.
5. “Website” – refers to www.godigit.com website and additional Portals/Micro/Mini/Mobile sites that link to the main back-end to create a distributed presence to fulfil the needs & functional requirements of all segments of customers.
6. “Services” – all services made available by Digit through its Website.
7. “Personal Data or Information" means any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying or relating itself to such person and/or the property(s)/profession of a person and/or any other personal information of such person.
8. “Sensitive Personal Data or Information”: Sensitive Personal Data or Information of a person means such personal Data or information which consists of information relating to:
(ii) financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
(iii) physical, physiological and mental health condition;
(iv) sexual history or orientation;
(v) medical records and history as to any type of ailments [including HIV/AIDS] and health status of insured and his/her family members;
(vi) Biometric information of person or employee;
(vii) any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
(viii) any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise:
D. Roles and Responsibilities
1. Data Privacy Officer:
2. Grievance redressal Officer:
E. Use/disclosure of your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information
1. The Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information collected from you may be used by us for a number of lawful purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include but are not limited to:
(i) Verification of your identity as per prevalent laws and regulation;
(ii) In the normal course of business to enforce the terms and conditions of products or services or Terms and Conditions
(iii) Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities and all other general administrative and business purposes;
(iv) Customer analytics on usage pattern and delivering customized content and advertisements that may be relevant/of interest to you;
(v) Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our companies’ products and services and communicate updates, offers and promotion;
(vi) Performance of outsourced non-core activities as defined under the IRDAI guidelines;
(vii) Sharing with reinsurers who may have offices located outside India
(viii) Address network integrity and security issues;
(ix) Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement, for the purpose of compliance of a legal obligation, in connection with legal proceedings, in connection with prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, protect and defend our rights or property or act in an emergency to protect safety or to help investigations, monitor or prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities/suspected fraud/potential threat to the safety or security of any person;
(x) Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
2. Disclosure of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information
(i) The Company is authorised to and may share Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information for providing you with any of your subscribed services and any service-related activities such as collecting subscription fees from you for those services, and notifying or contacting you regarding any problem with, or the expiration of, such services.
(ii) Towards this objective, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Information to one or more Agents, Affiliates and/or contractors of Digit and their sub-contractors subject to necessary non-disclosure agreements.
(iii) You may inform us at any time not to share Your Personal Information with third parties by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Company will store small text files called Cookies in your device in order to enable various features of our applications. These are used to store user preferences and trends to improve user/viewer experience. You have the option to change your Browser settings to accept or not accept Cookies and depending on which you agree to our use of any information collected by us through that Cookie. Any such information collected will only be used for improving the website/app experience.
4. IP addresses help us customise your visit to our website since they are tied to personally identifiable information. We confirm that this information is not shared with third parties, for their promotional purposes, except as provided under Disclosure of Information clause. When you download or use our mobile apps, we also collect various device specific details like Device ID and Device Accounts including third-party accounts or MAC-address. This data is used to resolve technical difficulties and to provide you with the correct and most recent version of our mobile apps.
5. When you download or use our mobile apps, we may receive and upload/share information such as your phone number, email ID, your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device with our analytics tools. We may use this information to provide you with the required support in terms of buying our insurance products, use app-features, send timely reminders, push notifications, location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Location services can be turned off using your mobile phone settings.
A detailed description about the same is given below:
· Approximate Location & Precise Location - This is used to identify the user's location to provide the nearst cashless garages/hospitals and doctors available for consultation.
· Email Address - This app is using Email-IDs for sending email Communications related to the product purchases & other important information.
· Phone Number - This app is using Phone numbers for creating unique user IDs to avoid duplication, for sending the product purchases & other important information to the user.
· Permanent Account Number - This app is taking this data input to calculate the user's credit score. Basis the score, the specific discounts on the product are provided.
· User payment info - This app is not saving any user payment info.
· Files and docs - This is required to access and download the user's Policy documents and store in user's device.
· App interactions - This information is used to track the user activity within the App and share the activity data to App analytics tools.
· Installed Apps - This information is used to check the UPI payments app in user's device and suggest payment options to ther user for a smooth payment experience.
· Device ID - Storing the Device ID to remove the creation of duplicate users and avoid any frauds.
· Audio, Photos & Videos - This app may require your Audio, Video or Photos to finish the verification process.
· Health Info - This app is taking user health info in the product journeys to provide the pricing and other relevant info.
· Account Deletion - You may inform us at any time to delete Your Personal Information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com, with subject line as Delete Personal Information <> Your name. The concerned account will be deleted within 15 working days.
6. Information, content and materials provided on this Website are on an “As Is” basis and Digit does not make any express or implied representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the same.
Digit retains the right to communicate with You (via e-mail, postal service / courier or mobile messaging services/app). Digit further retains its right to communicate through third party vendors. You shall have the option to unsubscribe to receive such email communication.
G. Information security
Digit takes reasonable precautions to protect the Website and our Users information from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information We hold. We maintain information pertaining to you in our business records as per current regulatory requirements. Digit shall retain your personal Information for as long as required to provide you with services or otherwise required under the law.
H. Permitted use
You are not permitted to use this website (including the mobile app and any webpage and/or data that passes through the web domain at Godigit.com), its underlying programs (including application programming interfaces (“APIs”)), domain names, Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”), databases, functions or its content other than for private, non-commercial purposes. Use of any automated system or software, whether operated by a third party or otherwise, to extract any data from this website for commercial purposes (“screen / data scraping”) is strictly prohibited.
I. Reservation of all rights to ensure permitted use and/or prevent unauthorised use
Go Digit reserves the absolute right to take all actions it considers necessary against all parties howsoever involved in the unauthorised use of its website and without notice, in order to vindicate its rights and prevent such unauthorised use, including using blocking technology and/or issuing legal proceedings.
J. Changes to the Policy
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Limited)
94-95, 4th B Cross Rd,
Koramangala Industrial Layout,