Travel Insurance Coverage
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
A to Z Benefits of a Travel Insurance
A travel insurance that covers everything you need
In the age of #wanderlust and #travelgoals, today’s generation is now traveling more than ever. Shifting from saving up for possessions to saving up for experiences, travel tops everyone’s bucket list; from conventional European and American holidays to unconventional adventures across rest of the world and all over India too, for that matter.
Whether you’re planning a little quintessential trip across the beautiful countries of Europe or planning a beach trip to the many islands of Thailand, the possibilities one is served with today are endless. Thanks to the various outlet of travel bloggers and travel websites, planning a trip and building on unique itineraries have become a norm and with everything going digital, securing your trip online too has become possible, thanks to online travel insurance.
What is a Travel Insurance, anyway?
No matter how many travel blogs and guides we read and how much we plan, there are always those little travel glitches we end up tangling ourselves over in a land far away from home. Whether you’re jinxed with your luggage or get under the weather while you’re on vacation; they’re called glitches for a reason. They come in unannounced and happen all of a sudden; and that’s why you have something like a travel insurance coverage to protect you against all the odds!
A travel insurance protects you against losses and unpredictable travel glitches that could come up on your trip; right from flight delays and baggage losses to thefts, illnesses and accidents.
The Importance of a Travel Insurance
Strikes or riots
Lost or misplaced your Passport or Visa
For all you know, you may not even have lost your travel documents. But, how much ever you rack your brains, you just can’t remember where you kept it! Thankfully, your travel insurance understands your plan and covers you for the expenses when you cancel a trip due to loss of passport.
So, get your book out and treat yourself to a gourmet coffee at the airport!
Missing the flight altogether
We got your back here, buddy. Digit travel insurance reimburses you for missing the connecting flight, if your previous flight gets delayed by more than 75 minutes.
There is a light at the end of this tunnel!
1. Emergency hospitalization or death of the insured person or an immediate family member or travelling companion.
2. You are summoned by court and its date falls within the travel period.
3. Damage to your home destination or travel destination due to a Natural calamity.
4. Strike or civil commotion.
5. Loss of passport before departure
What our Travel Insurance plans cover
We offer benefits customised to your needs, that help in keeping your trip just the way you want it to be!
In the case where you get hurt due to an accident during your trip.
Covers for any emergencies that occur during adventure sports activities. For example: If you face a problem while scuba diving and are required to visit the doctor for the same.
Covers for non-refundable expenses of your trip if you have to unfortunately cancel your trip due to emergencies like medical issues, death of a family member, etc.
Covers for flight delays; minimum 75 minutes delay in the case of domestic flights and 6-hours for an international flight delay.
Delay of Checked-in Luggage
Covers for times when your checked-in luggage is delayed to up to 6-hours.
Total loss of Checked-in Luggage
Covers losses when your checked-in luggage has been misplaced or lost.
Covers for unfortunate times when you miss your connecting flight.
Loss of Passport
Covers expenses to get your new passport made when you lose your existing one in a foreign place.
Provides for emergency cash for unfortunate times when your money and wallet is lost or stolen.
Emergency Trip Extension
Covers for times when you need to extend your trip due to an emergency. Having too much fun doesn’t count as an emergency though.
For times when you need to abandon your trip completely due to an emergency. Your travel insurance then pays for all nonrefundable travel expenses.
Personal Liability Bond
Covers for legal issues in a foreign country. This includes for times when you end up scratching your rental car too.
Covers for expenses arising out of one’s death or disability whilst on vacation.
Emergency Dental Treatment
Covers for emergency dental treatments.
Emergency Accidental Treatment & Evacuation
Covers expenses arising out of an accidental treatment.
Emergency Medical Treatment & Evacuation
Covers for expenses on illness related medical treatments and evacuation.
Daily Cash Allowance – up to 5 days (when hospitalized)
Provides for daily cash allowance while you or a family member is hospitalized.
What’s Not Covered?
While ours is a travel insurance that covers for everything that is unforeseen on a holiday, we’re transparent with everything that we do. Therefore, knowing what won’t be covered in your travel insurance policy is just as important as knowing what’s covered. Therefore, following are some valid exceptions that we won’t be able to cover under our travel insurance:
- We can’t cover for diseases or illnesses that were already diagnosed from before, or if you were already advised by the doctor not to travel.
- Daily cash allowance of up to 5 days is only valid for those who are hospitalized during their holiday, in a foreign country.
- Death or Disability won’t be covered after 365 days of the accident that has caused it.
- Adventure Sports are covered for, as long as you’re doing it for a duration of one day. This doesn’t include week long treks, hikes or professional level adventure sports that go on for more than one day.
- Flight delays aren’t covered for, if your airline already informed you about the same at least 6 hours in advance.
- Delay of checked in luggage is not covered if the delay is due to customs.
- Any missed connection where time gap between scheduled arrival of incoming flight and scheduled departure of connecting flight was less than the time required.
- Thefts aren’t covered for if you only make the required police complaint after getting back from your trip.
- Thefts won’t be covered if the police of the respective isn’t notified within 24 hours.
- Trip extensions due to childbirth or related matters can’t be covered
- Trip abandonments due to pre-existing illnesses or health conditions can’t be covered.
- Trip cancellations due to rejection of visa is not covered.
At the end of the day, a travel insurance isn’t a fortuneteller but it sure can save you for spending a fortune 😉
Please try one more time!
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka