Trademark Registration in Guwahati
Trademark registration is a legal procedure to differentiate your product or service from other products or service providers as per the Trademark Act of 1999. It prevents unauthorised use of your brand name without your permission. The Regulator General of Patents Designs and Trademarks, Ministry of Commerce and Industry conducts Trademark registration in India.
If you are looking for the process of Trademark registration in Guwahati specifically including the details of its types, required documents and more, read further. Go through this information to complete your Trademark registration properly.
How Many Classes Are There for Trademark Registration in Guwahati?
There are 45 classes of Trademarks for registering goods or services in India as per the Trademark Act of 1999. In this regard, the first 34 classes signify the Trademarks of goods whereas the remaining 11 classes indicate the types of services.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for Trademark Registration in Guwahati?
Anyone can register a trademark for their products or services through the application of trademark registration. Here is a list of those who are eligible to complete a Trademark registration properly:
- Any Indian Company
- Joint Owners of a Company or Organisation
- Partnership Firm
- Proprietorship Firm
- Society or Trust
- Any person or individual
- Limited Liability Partnership or LLP
What Are the Documents Required for Trademark Registration in Guwahati?
Registering a trademark in Guwahati requires applicants to submit a few documents as proof. These are the documents required for filing a Trademark registration in Guwahati:
- Identity, nationality and address proof
- Your trademarks such as Brand Name, Logo or Slogan
- Proof of business such as MSME or Start-up India Certificate
- Documentary proof such as invoices, and registration certificates with the Trademark
- Board Resolution
- Power of Attorney such as TM-48 filing
- User Affidavit to claim specific user data
What Are the Steps for Online Trademark Registration Process in Guwahati?
If you are looking to apply for online Trademark registration in Guwahati, you must follow these steps to complete your registration:
Step 1: Look for the correct class of your Trademark for registering your products or services before filing a Trademark registration.
Step 2: Check your Trademark if it is already registered or not. You can use the IP India Trademark website for checking your Trademark.
Step 3: Visit the IP India website to find the application form.
Step 4: Fill out your Trademark application and submit it.
Step 5: Now, the Registrar will evaluate the authenticity of your Trademark to validate the Trademark Registration.
In case the Registrar disapproves of your Trademark, you will need a Trademark Attorney to file replies for you, otherwise, you can also abandon this application by not replying to it.
Step 6: After the approval of your Trademark, it will be published in the Trademark Journal.
Step 7: Finally, you will obtain a registered Trademark certificate if there is no opposition notice. The registrar will also check if the Trademark registry found your replies satisfactory to the opposition.
What Are the Steps for Offline Trademark Registration Process in Guwahati?
While applying offline, find your nearest Trademark registration office in Guwahati for trademark registration:
Step 1: Pick up the location of the Trademark registration centre according to your district.
Step 2: You must have the required credentials for documentation.
Make sure to carry the original documents with you if they need to scan during authentication.
Step 3: Then, the operator will process your application.
Step 4: You will receive an application number as an acknowledgement after the successful submission of your application.
Step 5: You will receive an SMS for the status of approval or rejection, if any.
Finally, the registrar will grant your Trademark registration certificate and deliver it by post after verifying your credentials to your provided address. However, they can also reject the request in case of duplicity. Once you complete the application process, you may want to know how to check the status of your Trademark application.
What Are the Steps to Check Trademark Application Status?
Below are the steps to follow while checking the status of your brand registration in Guwahati:
Step 1: Log on to the IP INDIA Trademark Status website.
Step 2: Click on "National/IRDI Number" on the left side to proceed.
Step 3: Now, enter the "Trademark Application Number" and copy the code above to complete the Captcha.
Step 4: Click on "View" to continue.
Step 5: On pressing the “View” button, you will get to see the most updated Trademark application within the list of all information you provided earlier.
What Is the Trademark Registration Cost in Guwahati?
When carrying trademark or brand name registration in Guwahati you need to pay 2 types of fees on goods and services. Below are the fees:
- Offline Registration Fees: An offline Trademark registration fee is ₹5000 for a single firm, start-up company, small entities (MSMEs) or an individual. However, the fee is ₹10000 for others such as partnership firms, LLP companies etc.
- Online Registration Fees: The online fees are ₹4500 for single firms, small businesses or an individual and ₹9000 for all other cases like LLP companies, partnership firms etc.
Note: Objections Dependent Charge Drafting legal responses to objections can and would depend on how complex the matter is.
What Are the Benefits of Trademark Registration in Guwahati?
Trademark registration in Guwahati provides several benefits to its applicants. These include:
- Builds Loyalty: Trademark helps in building a reputation of a company alongside developing confidence and clientele over a long time.
- Provides Legal Protection: Brand name registration legally protects an organisation or service provider against any infringements regarding its trademark or identity. Further, the registered owners can also prevent loss of time in proving their case in court.
- Adds Brand Recognition: It makes your brand name, logo, and symbol unique. Thus, it enables your potential customers to reach your services or products and buy them.
- Creates Asset for an Entity: Being an intangible asset, a trademark is an identity of a company or business as it attracts and retains its consumers with its uniqueness.
- Gives Exclusive Rights: A registered trademark owner can have exclusive ownership rights if some other entity misuses its brand name. Furthermore, one can utilise its ownership through the Internet and social media.
After knowing about all these aspects, you can now estimate how important trademark registration is for businesses. Therefore, consider this article as your helping tool guiding you through your journey of Trademark registration in Guwahati.