Selecting the home to commemorate your loved one’s life ensures that you bring in a personal touch. Moreover, when you invite relatives to your home, there are no time constraints; the event can continue for as long as you wish. Also, you can save money as you do not need to rent a place.
How Should You Prepare for a Memorial Service?
What Is the Significance of a Memorial?
A separate memorial service following a burial or cremation helps the survivors to come out of grief. Many close people attend the event on the chosen date to encourage the mourners to start a new chapter. Moreover, grief-stricken people find a natural place to talk openly about their hardships which is a requisite when trying to heal from distress.
The memorial arrangements serve the purpose of helping the surviving family members who are in utter distress. This initiative deserves widespread acknowledgement, like weddings and baby showers, as it helps unravel matters of unexpressed grief. If organised at the right time, such occasions can prevent hindrance to normal life for a child, spouse or old parents of the deceased.
How to Prepare for a Memorial?
1. Select a PlaceYou may select a hall for the memorial event if you wish it to be more formal. Otherwise, picking a park may be a good option if you want to welcome a larger crowd. The family's financial condition and any last wishes of the deceased should be considered before finalising this decision. Moreover, you may specify whether you would be expecting kids as guests.
2. Finalise a Theme for the Occasion
When arranging a memorial service, there are no strict guidelines for venue selection. You can call the gathering at a meeting space, a hotel, a beach, a park or even at your own home. In this case, the key determinants should be affordability, the estimated number of guests and accessibility.
If the concerned person holds strong religious ties, you may even choose a holy place for the purpose. Contrarily if there were no such ties, then selecting the funeral home where the burial or cremation was done can be a good option.
3. Select Participants WiselyFor instance, if you are selecting a church, then the clergyperson should be somewhat familiar to the deceased. Otherwise, arranging a memorial service in the church can turn out to be prodigal. This is simply because they can hardly speak heartily when requested to give a eulogy.
4. Pick a DateWhile you know how to prepare a memorial service from the above three points, it is crucial to understand the significance of choosing an appropriate date. The date must be set in a way so that most of the guests can visit without facing a hassle.
5. Make Final Arrangements
As the stage is set to make a tribute to your loved one, it is time to focus on the more minor details. You must complete the necessary arrangements for refreshments for those who will come. Besides this, you can contact planners who will make appropriate floral arrangements and set the music to complement the occasion's theme.
Finally, you can request some of the deceased person’s close peers to bring printed photographs which they previously clicked with that person.
There is no set rule on how to prepare a memorial service. Hosting such an event gives you a chance to reconnect with relatives and other acquaintances, which could have been impossible otherwise. A memorial generates a spark in those relationships.
FAQs on How to Set Up a Memorial Ceremony
You should be respectful throughout the memorial event. Moreover, try not to pick up a call while participating in the praying rituals.
The duration of a memorial service strictly depends on the number of events you add to it. Generally, they last for an hour, but if you want to make the occasion creative, customisation can stretch the event even for more than one hour.
Other Important Articles about Death Support
- This is an informative article provided on 'as is' basis for awareness purpose only and not intended as a professional advice. The content of the article is derived from various open sources across the Internet. Digit Life Insurance is not promoting or recommending any aspect in the article or its correctness. Please verify the information and your requirement before taking any decisions.
- All the figures reflected in the article are for illustrative purposes. The premium for Coverage that one buys depends on various factors including customer requirements, eligibility, age, demography, insurance provider, product, coverage amount, term and other factors
- Tax Benefits, if applicable depend on the Tax Regime opted by the individual and the applicable tax provision. Please consult your Tax consultant before making any decision.