Terms and conditions apply*
Calculate NMMC Property Tax in Navi Mumbai & Online Payment
Mumbai in itself is a large city and is broken down into different municipal corporations. If you are a property owner in the Navi Mumbai area, you fall under the NMMC or Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation and are liable to pay NMMC property tax.
This article covers all the information you are supposed to know about NMMC property tax before making a payment.
Understanding NMMC property tax
NMMC property tax is a stipulated amount that a property owner in Navi Mumbai has to pay for the property annually. NMMC’s jurisdiction covers an area of 162.5 sq Km and includes areas like Vashi, Belapur, Turbhe, Nerul, Airoli, Ghansoli, Dahisar, Digha and Kopar Khairane.
How Can You Calculate NMMC Property Tax?
The value of your NMMC property tax is calculated on the rateable value of your property. The rateable value is fixed and declared transparently every year by NMMC itself. This value depends on factors like the type of construction, rent rate of the property, user, and additions and extensions to the property. Knowing the NMMC property tax calculation formula also helps.
This tax can easily be calculated via two means -
Online NMMC property tax calculator
The easiest way to calculate your NMMC property tax online is through the tax calculator on NMMC’s website. All you need to do is enter basic details like ward, property usage, occupancy status, and plot type to calculate your NMMC Property Tax.
You can also calculate this value manually as NMMC has stated that the value of annual property tax for residential properties falls at 38.67% of the rateable value. For non-residential properties, it is 68.33% of the rateable value.
If you want to calculate the rateable value of your property, find out what the expected annual rent of your property is. Then, when you get the figure, deduct 10% of it as statutory deductions. The value you get is the rateable value of your property.
Know more about why Property Insurance is important?
How Can I Pay My NMMC Property Tax?
NMMC has now made payment of your property taxes easy by introducing online means. However, if you wish, you can pay these taxes offline too.
Detailed Procedure of Online Payment of NMMC
If you are wondering how to pay NMMC property tax online, follow the below steps.
- Step-1: Visit the official portal of Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation at https://www.nmmc.gov.in/
- Step-2: Select the online payment option. from the online services section. You will be directed to a new page.
- Step-3: Enter your ‘Property Code’ and click on the search button.
- Step-4: You will be directed to a new page where details like a property owner, mobile number, address, and property ID are given. Check to ensure all details are correct.
- Step-5: Pay the online NMMC property tax.
- Step-6: The system will provide a transaction reference number from which you can avail details for future use and print a copy of the challan. This concludes the NMMC property tax online payment process. Check the NMMC property tax bill details for future use.
Detailed Procedure of Offline Payment of NMMC
- To pay it offline one needs to visit the nearest ward office.
- Submit the required documents.
- After the ward representatives verify the property details, complete payment via cash, debit card/credit card or cheque.
- For future reference, collect the acknowledgement slip.
- Regardless of whether you pay offline or online, keep the NMMC property tax receipt handy since it can prove useful in case of property disputes and other issues.
You can also visit your respective ward if you want to help pay your NMMC Property Tax. Here is a list of them-
A Ward, Sector 19 & 20, Opposite MSCD Office, Behind Raheja Complex, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, - 400614
CIDCO Building, Sector No 3, Nerul East, Navi Mumbai
Sector 14, Vashi, Navi Mumbai 400703
D Ward, Sector 22, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai
E Ward, Teen Taki, Opposite Bus Depot, Koperkhairane, Navi Mumbai
F Ward, Near Water Tank, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai
R/North Ward Municipal Office Building, Below Sangeetkar Sudhir Phadke Flyover Bridge, Jaywant Sawant Marg, Dahisar (West),
Due Date of NMMC Property Tax Payment
The last date of NMMC property tax payment is February 15th, 2023.
If your property falls under the NMMC, you can easily make your annual payment of NMMC property tax via online and offline mode to make the process more convenient.