SDMC facilitates the payment of taxes through offline and online routes, which makes the process simple and hassle-free. You can choose either of these alternatives to complete your SDMC property tax payment:
Offline mode of tax payment
There exist several ITZ cash counters all across South Delhi. Taxpayers in South Delhi can visit any of these ITZ cash counters.
Moreover, before you visit your nearest ITZ cash counter, keep the following points in mind:
- You can complete the payment through debit/credit card, cash, demand draft, or cheque.
- You can also pay your SDMC property tax by visiting a branch of Axis Bank or HDFC bank in your vicinity.
- During payment, ensure that the bank statements are in favour of “COMMISSIONER, South Delhi Municipal Corporation.”
Remember to carry your property tax documents, such as the following:
- Your Aadhaar card
- Property tax statement
- Property ID (which is a unique number of the property)
- Old property ID (the previous number of the said property through which tax was paid)
- SDMC property tax challan for previous years
After successfully completing your tax payment, you will receive an SDMC property tax receipt or challan. Keep this receipt safe for future references.
SDMC property tax online payment
SDMC property tax payment online involves the following steps:
- Step 1: The first step to paying SDMC house tax online is to visit the Municipal Corporation of Delhi or MCD’s official website.
- Step 2: This website requires you to choose between East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC), West Delhi Municipal Corporation (WDMC), North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), or South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC). Choose South Delhi Municipal Corporation or SDMC to pay taxes to your Municipal Corporation.
- Step 3: Now, log in to the portal or register with the SDMC website by signing up.
- Step 4: Once logged in, go ahead and pay property tax. At this point, the website displays three options, ‘Apply for new UPIC,’ ‘Register new property for tax payment,’ and ‘Search Property on UPIC.’
If you already possess a Unique Property Identification Number (UPIC), check the property details by selecting the ‘Search Property on UPIC’ option.
However, if you do not have a UPIC, you must register your property through ‘Apply for new UPIC’ and ‘Register new property for tax payment’ options.
- Step 5: When you submit the UPIC on this web portal, you can find a list of properties with details, such as property ID, ward, colony, etc. Subsequently, find the property for which you wish to pay tax.
- Step 6: Now, you will spot an ‘Action’ option against each property in the listicle. Select this option and then click on the link that says ‘Use this property to pay tax.’
- Step 7: Complete your SDMC property tax online payment using your debit/credit card or via net banking.
- Step 8: Finally, choose the ‘Generate Challan’ option and download an SDMC property tax receipt in a PDF format.
This ends the first mode in which you can pay SDMC property tax online.
Alternatively, you can also pay property tax online through your registered mobile number. For this, simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the SDMC website through your desktop or smartphone.
- Step 2: Find the option of “online services” at the top right-hand corner of this website’s home page.
- Step 3: A wide range of online services appears on your screen, such as registration of birth & death, building plan sanction, property tax, and veterinary licenses, among others. Go ahead and select “Property Tax”.
- Step 4: Under “Citizen Login,” enter your registered mobile number. You will now receive a one-time password (OTP) on this number. Use this password to log into the portal.
- Step 5: Now, you will face similar instructions as described earlier. Follow these prompts, complete the payment, and download your SDMC property tax receipt.
Moreover, keep in mind that the entire tax amount must be paid in one lump sum before the SDMC property tax last date, which is June 30.