Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation facilitates GVMC property tax payment via both online and offline methods. As a result, taxpayers can complete this payment with utmost ease and comfort.
GVMC property tax online payment
To complete your tax payment via the online route, simply follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation.
- Step 2: Browse through the home page of this website and find the option of “e-Payment.” You will spot this option at the bottom left-hand corner.
- Step 3: You will notice several options under “e-Payment,” such as property tax, water charge, trade license, etc. Go ahead and select the option of “Property Tax / Vacant Land.”
- Step 4: The site redirects you to the property tax website of Visakhapatnam. Here, you are required to fill in some details, namely: assessment number, old assessment number, owner name, and door number. After providing this information, select “Search.”
- Step 5: The website now displays the details of all your due payments. Now, proceed to pay your GVMC property tax online through net banking or debit/credit card.
- Step 6: The final step is to download your GVMC property tax payment receipt. You can also take a printout of this receipt for future reference.
Additionally, you can also choose to complete your GVMC online tax payment through the Pura Seva mobile application. This application is maintained by the Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Another mode of paying GVMC house tax online is through a mobile app. Here are the steps you must follow:
- Step 1: Download the Pura Seva app on your smartphone if you haven’t already.
- Step 2: Open the app. It requires you to enter a few details of your property, such as its district, municipality/corporation, and payment type.
- Step 3: After entering the above details, select the “Submit” option. You will now reach the next page.
- Step 4: This page now calls for you to provide some details of your property, like assessment number, owner name, etc. Enter the correct information and select the “Search” option. The app now takes you to the subsequent page.
- Step 5: The current page will display your property details based on the information provided. Check the authenticity of these details, and then make your GVMC property tax online payment by selecting “Pay Tax.” The app offers you multiple payment gateway options to choose from, such as net banking, debit card, or credit card.
- Step 6: Here, check your GVMC house tax payment status and it should indicate the successful completion of the payment. Then, you will receive a GVMC property tax receipt that can be downloaded for future assistance.
Offline tax payment
When taking the offline route, go ahead and follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit your nearest citizen service centre, or Purvaseva Centre. These centres exist exclusively to extend municipal services, payments as well as grievance redressal.
- Step 2: Submit the necessary documents, such as the property assessment slip, its holding number, or its respective unique number. Authorities will verify these details and announce the due amount of your GVMC property tax payment.
- Step 3: Upon completing the payment, you will receive a GVMC property tax receipt for the paid amount. Make sure that you keep this receipt safe for future references.
Moreover, in case of any doubts or queries, you can reach out to GVMC via a call on its helpline number.
Individuals must also keep close track of GVMC property tax online payment status if they utilised the digital mode for payment.
Key points to remember
- You must pay your Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation property tax on a semi-annual basis. For the first half-year, you must pay the tax by the end of June. Furthermore, payment of property tax for the second half-year must be made by the end of December.
- In the case of non-payment of this tax by the due date, you shall be treated as a defaulter. As a result, GVMC will require you to clear out your due tax amount alongside a penalty. The fine amount equates to 2% on the payable amount and for each month of delay in payment.
- As a taxpayer, if you pay your property tax for a given financial year before April 30 of that year, you can avail of a rebate of 5%.
- GVMC also extends rebates on property tax depending upon the age of the building:
- Up to 25 years: 10% deduction on ARV
- Above 25 years and up to 40 years: 20% deduction on ARV
- Above 40 years: 30% deduction on ARV
And with that, our comprehensive guide on Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation property tax comes to an end.
We hope this guide offers you critical insights on the topic so that you can pay your taxes by way of a hassle-free experience.