9 Restaurant Franchise Business in India
Investing in the restaurant franchise in India is the wisest strategy because of the high growth of the food and beverage industry. Foodies worldwide, including in India, and entrepreneurs are grabbing this opportunity to enter the market due to a significant profit margin in the restaurant business. Be it a big or a small city, restaurants are found to open every month in India.
List of Restaurant Franchise Business to Start In India
Here are the 9 leading restaurant companies where you can invest money without having a fear of suffering a loss.
1. The Belgian Waffle Co.
Waffles now have great demand in the cities of India. Belgian Waffle Co. has over 350 stores in more than 100 cities in the country. Hence, setting up its franchise can be a successful investment. Franchise owners would get two types of setup options, kiosks for malls and cafes. There will be an agreement for 3 years which can renew after expiry.
- Started in: 2015
- Annual Revenue: ₹4.2 crores
- Total Investment Required: ₹12 lakhs for opening the restaurant in malls and ₹16 lakhs to ₹18 lakhs for cafes.
- Documents Required: ID proof, bank statements, business proof, and food safety licence
- Commercial Space: 80 - 100 square feet for malls and 300 - 500 square feet for cafes
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the firm.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘apply now’ option from the franchise section.
- Step 3: Fill in all the details of the application form.
- Their team will connect you for further proceedings after the successful submission of the form.
- Business Potential: You can expect a high-profit margin with low Investment. As per market research, net profit, on average, can be 10.55% of the total sales in a month.
- Other Benefits: Check the benefits of applying for a Belgian Waffle restaurant franchise in India:
- This company is known for offering innovative waffle sandwiches that satisfy people's taste buds. Innovation plays a great role in improving brand value which can benefit franchise owners.
- You will get a return on Investment between 13 to 15 months after starting the franchise.
- Entrepreneurs without prior experience can also succeed in franchise business because of the company’s simple business model.
2. Dunkin’ Donuts
In India, Dunkin' Donuts first established its franchise business in 2012, and its popularity has grown since then. This is one of the best restaurant franchies, and a safe place to invest.
There is an agreement for 20 years which is usually not renewable. However, they can make you sign an agreement that must meet all criteria. Only then can you get one additional 20-year extension.
- Started in: 1950
- Annual Revenue (Worldwide): ₹140 crores
- Total Investment Required: Around ₹1 crore with an additional franchise fee
- Documents Required: ID and business proof, financial statements, and food safety documents
- Commercial Space: 300 - 700 square feet
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Go to Jubilant Foodworks' website, under which Dunkin' Donuts runs in India.
- Step 2: Click on the franchise section.
- Step 3: Provide all details correctly to get a call from any of the team members of Jubilant Foodworks.
- Business Potential: As per a report, the net profit of Dunkin’ Donuts is around 15% which means it earns ₹1,29,15,789 profit every year on average.
- Other Benefits: Here are the following benefits of franchising with Dunkin’ Donuts:
- Dunkin' Donuts has global brand recognition with outlets in over 42 countries. This can be a great advantage for you in the case of partnering with this firm as you do not have to invest much time in marketing activities.
- Entrepreneurs will get training sessions which can work as an advantage for them to operate smoothly in the food industry.
- The company has always managed to keep up with customer expectations which has increased brand loyalty. Hence, opening its franchise can add value to your business.
3. Wow Momo
Wow Momo is a profitable restaurant franchise in India. It has its headquarters in Kolkata, and the franchise runs in the form of a distributorship, franchise shop and kiosk. There are more than 350 outlets in 17 cities in India. Entrepreneurs can easily work with this company as there is no need to have any prior experience. They will get constant support for developing business strategies through training programs.
- Started in: 2008
- Annual Revenue: About₹450 crore
- Total Investment Required: Between ₹1 lakh to ₹8 lakhs
- Documents Required: ID proof, bank statement, proper business plan, and rental agreements
- Commercial Space: 250 - 300 square feet
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Visit the official portal of Wow Momo
- Step 2: Enter your contact details and other information. Wait for the representative of the company to contact you.
- Note that you can also contact directly to its zonal number for asking any queries related to franchise opening. The team will help you out with the entire application process.
- Business Potential: You can expect 50% profit from the total sales, which is ₹95000 on a monthly basis.
- Other Benefits: Below are the possible benefits entrepreneurs can get after opening a franchise of this restaurant:
- Wow Momo offers a variety of innovative momos which satisfies the rich taste buds of Indian customers. They keep on coming back, which has led to the creation of a strong brand identity. Hence, you can handle sales and profitability after partnering with it.
- The value of grab-and-go restaurants is increasing day by day, and Wow Momo is one of them. Hence, opening a franchise can be highly profitable.
- The training program will help you to obtain sound knowledge on creating a proper food menu, formulating unique marketing strategies and providing quality service to satisfy customer needs.
Starbucks can be one of the best franchise restaurants in India if you have enough funds to invest. There are above 300 outlets across 23 states in India. Prior business experience and essential business skills are a mandate for outlet owners. Moreover, you have to be highly professional and qualified to meet the standards of Starbucks' franchise.
Note that Starbucks offers a company-licensed outlet and not any specific franchise in India. So, if you open its store, you cannot be the owner but can get all profits and benefits for running the business.
- Started in: 1971
- Annual Revenue (Worldwide): ₹27,000 crores
- Total Investment Required: Somewhere between ₹1,86,95,651.98 to ₹23,62,26,620.07
- Documents Required: ID proof, business proof, bank statement, food safety licence and other licence requirements, and passport-size photographs
- Commercial Space: 100 to 500 square feet
- How to Apply?: You can easily apply to open a Starbucks outlet, just as you do for any other franchise. Though Starbucks has no separate application form for franchises, you can visit the company's website to fill in the details of the store licensing form. A representative will contact you only if you meet all eligibility criteria.
- Business Potential: As per a recent financial report, in the financial year 2022-23 Starbucks crossed ₹1000 crores in annual sales.
- Other Benefits: This world-leading firm provides the following benefits on opening its store anywhere across India:
- Starbucks has immense popularity in the world and is known for offering the best quality coffee. Hence, opening a Starbucks outlet can undoubtedly lead to profit gains.
- Outlet owners will get the benefit of using Starbucks' USP, which is beneficial to retaining customers.
- Starbucks will provide thorough training to all employees you will hire for the outlet.
5. UFO Fries & Corn
This company is an affordable franchising option with a limited budget. It has 24 outlets and is specially designed for vegetarian customers. There is an agreement for two years which is renewable without any cost. You can expect a return on Investment within 8 to 16 months after setting up the franchise.
- Started in: 2016
- Annual Revenue: Around ₹50 crores
- Total Investment Required: Between ₹7.5 lakhs to ₹10.5 lakhs
- Documents Required: ID proof, business proof, financial statements, and food licence
- Commercial Space: 250 - 350 square feet
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Reach out to the official website of the company.
- Step 2: You will find a ‘franchise’ option. Click on it.
- Step 3: Fill up the Google form with your email ID.
- Wait for the team to contact you.
- Business Potential: There can be an overall net profit of 18% from gross sales.
- Other Benefits: Here are some of the reasons for franchising with UFO Fries & Corn:
- UFO is known for its 38 different varieties of french fries and over 100 variants of other food items. Hence, partnering with this company will eliminate the need to create a unique menu to attract customers.
- You can use its express and premium models to grow the business.
- This firm provides effective support to its franchises and helps them to increase sales.
6. Moti Mahal
Moti Mahal is a leading company in the Indian food industry. It currently has more than 100 outlets in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and parts of Middle East countries. All of them are going through significant growth. So, if you want to have a successful business, opening this restaurant franchise in India can be the best option. In this regard, you need to sign a five-year agreement which is renewable after expiry.
- Started in: 1920
- Annual Revenue: ₹76,12,40,805
- Total Investment Required: ₹20 lakhs for kiosk and ₹60 lakhs to ₹1 crore for dine-in
- Documents Required: Business proof, financial statement, ID proof, food licence, and GST registered number
- Commercial Space: 1700 to 5000 square feet for dine-in and 400 square feet for kiosk
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Go to the official portal of Moti Mahal.
- Step 2: You will find an option of 'request info' on its home page, which you need to click.
- Step 3: Fill up all the fields with the correct information on the application form.
- Its team will contact you after your successful form submission.
- Business Potential: As per market research, Moti Mahal's profit margin can be 30% for ₹6,00,000 in sales. It can take somewhere between 2 and a half to 3 years to get a return on Investment.
- Other Benefits: Check the following benefits you can enjoy from franchising with Moti Mahal:
- Moti Mahal has a global image which is a significant factor for increased sales after opening its franchise.
- It has been running successfully for years, and so investing here is a safe option.
- Customers have a high level of faith in this company due to its past performance. This can be an added advantage for franchise owners.
India has a high demand for snack foods, and Haldiram is a top restaurant franchise in India that offers a wide variety of snacks, including sweets, beverages and pickles. You can opt for either of the three options while applying for a franchise which includes a kiosk, casual dinner and quick-service restaurant. The agreement period is of 10 years which has a facility to renew.
- Started in: 1937
- Annual Revenue: ₹4000 crores
- Total Investment Required: Somewhere between ₹30 lakhs to 35 lakhs
- Documents Required: Business proof, ID proof, rent agreement, financial statement, food licence, GST registered number and photographs
- Commercial Space: 75 - 100 square feet for a kiosk, 2000 - 5000 square feet for casual dining and 1000 - 1500 square feet for a quick-service restaurant
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the Haldiram franchise.
- Step 2: Provide all necessary details in the application form. While doing so, also select the investment value to inform the type of franchise you would opt for.
- They will contact you on successful submission.
- Business Potential: The profit margin of Haldirams, is between 14-30%. Entrepreneurs can expect a guaranteed profit by partnering with this company.
- Other Benefits: Check the following benefits of opening a Haldiram outlet:
- Haldirams has a strong customer base throughout India which can act as a potential benefit for franchise owners.
- It has a high brand recognition which is also useful for attracting customers.
- Franchise owners will get complete support from the company while setting up the franchise shop.
Sankalp started a restaurant franchise in the year 2000. It now has over 150 restaurants worldwide which indicate its fastest growth. The company offers a dine-in option, and franchise owners can expect a return on Investment within 12 to 18 months after setting up the business. The agreement term is for 5 years and is renewable.
- Started in: 1980
- Annual Revenue: ₹40,91,10,000
- Total Investment Required: Somewhere between ₹40 lakhs to ₹1 crore
- Documents Required: Business proof, ID proof, GST registered number, food safety licence, and a passport-size photograph
- Commercial Space: 1000 - 2500 square feet
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Sankalp.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Owns a Franchise’ option.
- Step 3: A page will appear where you have to click on ‘Apply For Franchise.’
- Step 4: Fill up all details of the franchise application form and submit it.
- One of its team members will contact you after checking all provided details minutely.
- Business Potential: The profitability of Sankalp, has improved significantly. Its recent PBILDT margin has been 31.44%.
- Other Benefits: Investing in Sankalp can be worth the money. Below are the reasons:
- Sankalp has been maintaining its premium quality since its inception. This is one of the reasons why customers come back repeatedly.
- You do not need to spend your energy on formulating business strategies, as this restaurant offers all kinds of marketing and sales support. This would stimulate business growth within a short span.
- Sankalp also provides software and hardware support to its business partners for running a hassle-free business.
9. Biggies Burger
Biggies Burger first started its franchise in 2016 and currently has outlets in more than 100 locations. It has been going through significant growth and is also planning to expand globally. This can be the most profitable restaurant franchise in India, and investing here would not go in vain. Franchise owners need to have valid business experience and must be a graduate. There is a 5-year agreement period which you can extend through renewal.
- Started in: 2011
- Annual Revenue: ₹30 crores
- Total Investment Required: Minimum ₹28 lakhs for the high street, prime locations; above ₹28 lakhs for malls, airports, or metro; above ₹40 lakhs for cafes, and above ₹70 lakhs for gourmet
- Documents Required: ID proof, business proof, financial statement, bank statement, GST registered number, passport-size photographs, and food licence
- Commercial Space: A minimum of 700 square feet for the high street, prime locations; at least 250 square feet for malls, airports, or metro; 1000 square feet and more for cafes, and a minimum of 2000 square feet for gourmet
- How to Apply?
- Step 1: Open the official website of Biggies Burger.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Franchise’ option.
- Step 3: Scroll down below and provide the information as asked.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option.
- You will get a call from a representative of the company after a successful application.
- Business Potential: According to market research, the expected profit margin of Biggies Burger is 55%. Hence, you can collaborate with this brand without a second thought.
- Other Benefits: Here are the further profits you can gain from Biggies Burger:
- This restaurant franchise offers the best quality foods with diverse options at an affordable price which is an effective customer retention strategy.
- Its demand highly increased in 2017, which suggests that it is convenient to keep up with the sales by addressing customer needs.
- Biggies Burger offers a flexible franchise model through which you can achieve your expected sales and profit.