1. Honda Activa (2,22,961 units sold)
Consecutively topping the charts of best two-wheelers in India (as per sales volume) for several months now, the Activa was first launched in 2002.
Ever since then, it has only seen one major upgrade in 2009, with the scooter’s engine displacement increasing from 100cc to 109cc, with its fuel-efficiency, torque and power increasing as well.
You can choose from four Activa models available in the market, with the cheapest one generating a peak power of 8.1bhp and 10.3Nm torque.
- Mileage: 50kmpl to 60kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 109.2cc to 124.9cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.55,934
2. Hero Splendor (2,15,196 units sold)
Hero Splendor has to be one of the top two-wheelers in India when it comes to popularity, especially in its semi-urban and rural areas. The Splendor is available in 5 models in the market.
The original variant of this bike, the Splendor Plus sports a 97cc engine, which can generate 7.8bhp power and 8.05Nm torque. This particular variant of Splendor, remains the highest-selling one, even today!
- Mileage: 61kmpl to 81kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 97.2cc to 124.7cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.52,800
3. Hero HF Deluxe (1,75,997 units sold)
Like the Splendor, the Hero HF Deluxe is a solid, dependable bike, best suited for daily commutes. Available in 5 variants across Indian markets, HF Deluxe’s 2020 model is Hero’s first entry-level model to receive a BS-VI emission rating.
This particular model is also equipped with the ‘XSens Technology’ for its engine, which is capable of producing peak power at 7.9bhp and torque at 8.05Nm.
- Mileage: 70kmpl to 76kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 97.2cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.38,900
4. Bajaj Pulsar (75,669 units sold)
Among the top ten two-wheelers in India, the Bajaj Pulsar is available in 7 variants in the market. The Pulsar is the most popular bike amongst Bajaj’s line-up having received many upgrades since its launch in 2001. The cheapest variant under this series is the Bajaj Pulsar 125, which is equipped with an engine generating 11.8bhp power and a torque of 11Nm. It is one of the best performance-oriented bikes in the market, giving riders a value for their money.
In 2013, Bajaj Pulsar 200NS won “Bike of the Year” award from Shapoorji Palonji. (2)
- Mileage: 35kmpl to 55kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 124.4cc to 220cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.75,200
5. TVS XL 100 (55,802 units sold)
The XL 100 from TVS’s long line-up of two-wheelers is a moped, mostly targeted for sale towards the rural regions of India. Popular for its durability, and low-maintenance requirements, the XL 100 can carry a load of up to 130kgs.
Further, this commuter bike also features an engine, which can generate up to 4.3bhp power and 6.5Nm torque. This bike is available in 1 variant in the market.
- Mileage: 60kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 99.7cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.43,044
6. Honda CB Shine (50,825 units sold)
One of the best two-wheelers in India in 2020, the CB Shine, a commuter bike, is Honda’s offering to the mass market segment. Even though the bike’s design is understated it more than makes up for that with its efficiency and performance.
Available in 2 variants, the CB Shine’s cheapest iteration generates 10.5bhp power and 11Nm torque. You can choose your favourite of the 6 colours available for the model.
- Mileage: 55kmpl to 65kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 124cc to 124.7cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.58,097
7. Suzuki Access 125 (50,103 units sold)
One of the most comfortable and stylish scooters available in the market, the Access 125 is available in 5 variants for riders.
The most recently launched Access 125 model features fixtures like a longer seat, full-LED headlamp, and is available in 5 different colour schemes. Additionally, the scooter’s single-cylinder engine can generate a peak power of 8.6bhp and 10Nm torque.
- Mileage: 64kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 124cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.64,800
8. Royal Enfield Classic 350 (41,766 units sold)
Even though it is more expensive than the other two-wheelers featured in this list, the RE Classic 350 easily upholds its reputation as one of the best-selling two-wheelers in India.
Available in 5 variants, this bike has the same classic-inspired design of the previous models. The bike also features a single-cylinder engine generating 19.1bhp power and 28Nm torque. The latest model has also been upgraded with a BS-VI emission rating.
- Mileage: 35kmpl to 37kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 346cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.1,45,995
9. Hero Glamour (35,752 units sold)
This two-wheeler serves the customer base looking for maintenance-friendly, reliable vehicles for daily commutes. One of the best two-wheelers in India, it is also the first bike in the country featuring a fuel-injection system.
The bike is also equipped with a single-cylinder, air-cooled engine which generates 9bhp power and 10Nm torque.
- Mileage: 55kmpl and 65kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 124.7cc
- Price: Starts at Rs.63.600
10. Hero Passion (34,797 units sold)
One of the best commuter bikes in India, Hero’s Passion is available in 3 models – the Pro 110, PRO i3s and XPro.
The Passion caters to the particular segment of consumers who are looking for a stylish ride but do not want to compromise on the fuel efficiency. The i3s is the cheapest iteration of the line-up and features a 97cc engine generating 8bhp power.
- Mileage: 60kmpl to 84kmpl
- Engine Displacement: 97.2cc to 109.2cc
- Price: Starts from Rs.56,600
These are the 10 top-selling two-wheelers in India for February 2020.
However, if you are looking to purchase a two-wheeler, you can consult outside of this list for other models and variants, as per your requirement. After all, your choice must comply with all your necessities as a rider!