Terms and conditions apply*
Land Survey in Karnataka: Everything Explained
A land survey is a necessary process that prospective owners carry out to determine every detail on their plot before buying. It contains a graphic layout of the site that can be requested anytime by submitting an application for a land survey to a surveyor. If you are interested to learn how to apply for a land survey in Karnataka, read through the following sections!
How to Apply for a Land Survey in Karnataka?
Here is an offline procedure to apply for a land survey in Karnataka. For those looking for online procedure, you can request the survey documents online but cannot submit an online application for the survey.. Follow these simple steps for avoiding any future discrepancies or confusion:
- Step 1: First, you have to visit the district's Land & Land Reform Department office.
- Step 2: Apply for the process using a plain paper mode, mentioning land acquisition modes and a proposal draft for subdivision. Also, get it affixed using a court-fee stamp as per the form authority's requirement.
- Step 3: Check if the form is correctly signed by your co-tenants if any.
- Step 4: Now you can submit the form for processing with supporting documents to the right authority.
- Step 5: Soon after submitting, you will receive a transaction ID on your mobile number mentioned in the form. Using this ID, you can track the land survey application status in Karnataka.
- Step 6: Your area's Tahsildar then receives the application request. He or she carries out a verification process and creates a report. It involves checking the property register and carrying ground level verification using RI and VAO. For this purpose, they may also visit the property's site physically.
- Step 7: If the result that Tahsildar found is satisfactory, they will issue a land survey certificate to you.
What Are the Documents Required to Apply for a Land Survey in Karnataka?
You can get the required land survey details in Karnataka only when you have all documents mentioned below supporting your survey request:
- A written application
- Affidavit to prove that you are the land's owner
- Address and identity proof
- Aadhaar card
- The land document attested by a gazetted officer
- Original sale, partition or gift deed
- Map of the proposed division in sketch form
- Mutation letter
- NOC by the village accountant
- Tax deposit receipt (latest)
- Certified survey map
- Certified copy issued by a land tribunal order
- RTC or Rights and Tenancy certificate record
- Zonal certificate issued by the Urban Development Authority
- Photocopy of the atlas where the land is situated
- Photocopy of the village's revenue survey map
What Are the Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Land Survey in Karnataka?
According to land survey rules in Karnataka, you have to fulfil some criteria to apply for a survey. For example, to be eligible, you must either be its landowner or carry some conversion like industrial to residential. It is for purposes like:
- Construction of commercial place
- Building house
- Marking land for developing it into a real estate site
What Are the Fees or Charges for Carrying Out Land Survey in Karnataka?
For rural areas, the fee for land survey in Karnataka may range anywhere between ₹800 to ₹1500 (for two acres) per application. However, for lands extending two acres, attract an additional fee of ₹200 an acre.
For urban areas, the fee for land survey in Karnataka may range anywhere between ₹ 1,500 to ₹ 2,500 per application. Here surveyors mainly have a fixed pay, i.e., ₹ 800 per survey. In case for extra acres an additional fee of ₹1000 must be paid.
When filling in your application form, you may need to fill up your survey number of the convoluted plot. So, in this case, you must know what your plot's survey number is. Thus, we have also guided you on how to find yours below.
How to Find a Survey Number of a Land in Karnataka?
A land survey number is a unique digit allotted to a particular plot of land. People need this number to get important information about the property and plan development accordingly. So follow these simple steps for searching land survey number in Karnataka to get whatever data you need:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of Bhoomi Karnataka land record.
Step 2: After landing on the page, you will see different options such as view RTC information, citizen registration, dispute cases, Revenue maps, RTC XML verification, etc.
Step 3: Enter the necessary information like district, taluk, hobli, map types.
Step 4: After feeding this information, click on the “Search” button” and check the survey number in the PDF format.
Alternatively, you can download the Dishaank application from the Google play store. By tapping anywhere on the screen map you can conveniently get the survey number.
Also, you can visit the sub registrar’s office to get details about the survey number.
How to Check Land Details Using Survey Numbers in Karnataka?
Real estate investors or prospective owners can access land details they intend to buy using land survey numbers. These include land shape, location, size, ownership and neighbourhood. They just have to follow specific steps:
- Step 1: Log in to Bhoomi Land Record’s official website.
- Step 2: Click RTC and MR.
- Step 3: This will direct you to a page where you must fill in certain information about the plot including District, Taluk, Hobli, Survey number, Surnoc, Hissa number, etc.
- Step 4: After filling in, click on the 'Fetch Detail' option and click on the “View” button..
- Step 5: Every detail on the required site will appear.
All the information mentioned above will help you know how to apply for a land survey in Karnataka. Make sure you follow it thoroughly for a smooth process.