How to Get Beneficiary ID for COVID-19 Vaccine?
The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly taken the world by storm. India was the first to start a unique and effective means of vaccination against the Coronavirus. While getting vaccinated is simple, Indian citizens require a beneficiary ID. Therefore, the government had to develop Beneficiary IDs to avoid crowding the vaccination centres.
Initially, the vaccination process started with the healthcare workers dealing with COVID-19 patients. Slowly, general citizens also started getting its benefits based on their age groups. The Beneficiary ID confirms that you are eligible for receiving a vaccine.
Are you thinking about how to get a vaccine Beneficiary ID? This article will give you the steps for getting it quickly!
What Are the Steps to Get Beneficiary ID for COVID-19 Vaccine?
Now that you know what a Beneficiary ID is, the question is how to get a Beneficiary reference ID? The following steps can be helpful here.
- Step 1: Visit the official portal of CoWIN. Now, scroll down to the 'Find Your Nearest Vaccination Centre’ option.
- Step 2: A new window will open. Now, click on the "Register Yourself" button.
- Step 3: You will have to enter your registered contact number on this page. You will then receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on this number.
- Step 4: Enter the OTP and follow the on-screen instructions for completing your registration.
Once you complete your registration on the CoWIN portal, you will receive your Beneficiary reference ID.
What Documents Are Required for the COVID-19 Vaccine Beneficiary Registration?
You will require producing any of the following identification documents to complete your beneficiary registration on the CoWIN portal.
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Health insurance smart card
- MGNREGA Job Card
- Passport/driving licence
- Bank passbook
- Pension document
- Official IDs for MPs/MLAs/MLCs
What Are Some Important Details to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine?
Now that you know how to get a Beneficiary ID, the following points will help you learn more about COVID-19 vaccination.
- Once you receive the COVID-19 vaccine dose, you will receive an SMS on your registered number confirming this.
- You will require two doses of this vaccine
- After completing both doses, you will receive a QR code-based COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate on your registered contact number.
Now you know how to get a vaccine Beneficiary ID. This reference ID can be necessary for receiving your vaccination doses. You can generate the ID by following the steps mentioned above in this article.