Passport Office in Sonipat
Post Office PSK Sonipat
|Women Post Office Building, Moden Town, Sonipat, Haryana - 131001
|Monday to Friday
|9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
|Regional Passport Officer
|Surendra Kumar Adhana
|Officer Contact number
|Officer Fax No.
|Officer Contact Email
Public Grievance Cell Officer Name
Shri Bal Krishan
Public Grievance Cell Address
Public Grievance Officer PSP Division, Ministry of External Affairs Room No. 24, Patiala House Tilak Marg, New Delhi - 110001
Everything About Passport Offices in Sonipat
Also known as Sonepat, Sonipat is among the largest cities in Haryana. It is located around 40 kilometres from Delhi and 120 kilometres from Kurukshetra. Apart from being the leading bicycle-producing centre, it is a manufacturing hub of sewing-machine parts, hosiery, rolled steel, machine parts, carpets, textile, copper and brassware, handicrafts etc.
In addition, there are several passport offices in Sonipat that enable its residents to avail new passports, renew old ones, etc.
Types of Passport Offices in Sonipat
Citizens of Sonipat can avail passport related services from:
Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK)
Take a look at the services offered by these offices.
Different Services That Are Provided in a Passport Office in Sonipat
The passport-related services provided by passport offices in Sonipat include:
- Application and verification of passport
- Issuance of passport
- Re-issuance and renewal of passport
- Printing and delivering passport
- Token Issuance
After learning about the functions of the passport offices in Sonipat, please look at the documentation process you have to undergo.
List of Documents to Be Submitted at Passport Offices
Mentioned below are important documents one has to submit at the time of applying for a passport:
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account passbook
- Birth certificate (for minors only)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Passport-size photos (Two coloured)
- PAN card
Things to Know Before Applying for Passports in Sonipat
While applying for a passport in Sonipat, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind:
- Clear the application fees before the last date, as it is the only way to fix an appointment with the passport office.
- Carry original documents like ID proof, address proof, proof of nationality, etc., along with self-attested photocopies.
- If required by the POPSK, make sure that you carry the additional papers and documents as well.
- Visit the nearest police station near your area to speed up the police verification process.
- Remember that you are not allowed to avail the walk-in passports unless you come under the 'senior citizens' category.