15 Popular Honeymoon Destinations outside India
While your nuptial ceremonies should be an experience of a lifetime, there also lies something beyond it, and we know no wedding is complete without a memorable honeymoon! But then again, you cannot empty your pockets just for the sake of an unforgettable honeymoon experience and story.
However, emptying your pockets does not necessarily mean it WILL be a one of a kind experience. At the same time, travelling to cheap honeymoon destinations outside India does not necessarily mean it cannot be an unforgettable experience.
So, to save you from the hassle of surfing through different travel blogs and websites, we have listed the top 10 cheapest honeymoon destinations outside of India. We have also listed out the pertinent details you will need to know about before you travel to these countries.
Here’s a list to help you plan your honeymoon destination on a budget:
1. Sri Lanka
Formerly known as Ceylon, Sri Lanka packs the finest of experiences for visitors of all tastes and penchants.
The northern region of this jewel-shaped country is filled with lush green hills and tea gardens, and as you move further down south, you are welcomed by the warm and serene beaches along with old forts and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.62400 to Rs.78000 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs from India – Round-trip flight tickets to Colombo, Sri Lanka from India, is available within a range of Rs.40000 – Rs.50000 for a couple.
- Visa type – Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) valid for 30 days
- Visa cost – Rs. 2500 (approx.) per ETA
- Travel Insurance – Digit travel insurance for Sri Lanka starts at around Rs. 336 (excl. 18% GST) per day with a sum insured of $50,000 for a couple.
- Food and Accommodation Costs per Day – Foods in Sri Lanka for two will cost you around Rs. 1000 per day. Lodging in cities like Colombo is within the range of Rs.2200 – Rs. 3000 per night.
- Adam’s Peak – to experience an amazing sunrise from atop the mountain peak.
- Wijaya and Mirissa Beach – For pristine beaches.
- Udawalawe or Wilpattu – for national parks.
- Nuwara Eliya – for tea gardens and sloping hills.
The Philippines is nature at its best with its wonders spanning across more than 7000 islands. It is home to an abundance of flora and fauna with a diverse assortment of white sand beaches, turquoise sea, majestic mountains, rice paddings, and classical architectural buildings.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.69900 to Rs.75900 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip.
- Flight Costs – Round-trip tickets from India to the Philippines for both you and your spouse will range somewhere between Rs.42000 and Rs.46000.
- Visa type – Single entry visa valid for 30 days.
- Visa Fee –Rs. 2840 per visa.
- Travel Insurance - With Digit Insurance, you can obtain a travel insurance policy at a nominal premium of Rs.336 (excl. 18% GST) per day for two adults to avail coverage of $50,000 for each.
- Food and Accommodation Costs per Day – The average cost of food in the Philippines is Rs. 1700 per day for a couple. On the other hand, accommodation expenses would be somewhere in the range of Rs.2300 to Rs.2600.
Key Attractions –
- The Boracay Islands - It boasts of surreal clear waters on three sides, gorgeous beaches, and a quaint, romantic cave.
- Palawan Island - Also known as ‘The Last Frontier’, it is one of the most beautiful islands of the country.
- Coron Islands - If you hold a strong admiration for jungles, sea, and mountains, you can find it all in the Coron islands.
- Mayon Volcano, Albay – Don’t miss out on the chance to see an active volcano while at the Philippines.
Thailand, sometimes known as the “country of smiles”, is a landscape that lives and breathes in contrast; where on one side you would find pristine beaches and exotic jungles, on the other there are lush hills and majestic mountains.
Even the cities demonstrate a sharp contrast between the vibrant modern lifestyle and the serenity of traditional Thai culture found in the temples that have withstood the test of time.
- Overall Cost Estimate – In the range of Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 84,000 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip.
- Flight Costs – Two round-trip tickets to Bangkok, Thailand, will cost somewhere in the range of Rs. 36000 to Rs. 40000.
- Visa type – Visa on Arrival for stay below 15 days
- Visa cost – 2000 Baht or Rs.4645 (approx.) per VOA
- Travel Insurance – With Digit, you can purchase a travel insurance policy with a sum insured of $50,000 for each of you at an affordable premium of Rs.336 (excl. 18% GST) per day.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – You will have to spend north of Rs.2000 per day for meals in Thailand for both of you. Accommodation, on the other hand, is available at costs ranging between Rs. 3000 to Rs. 4200 per night.
- Krabi – A paradise for honeymooners, Krabi is home to more than 130 secluded islands with beautiful vistas and quaint caves.
- Koh Samui – If you both are into partying, head over to Koh Samui and engage in full-moon parties that continue till dawn.
- Chiang Mai – Witness the traditional Thai temples nestled in the lap of lush hills and serene quiet in the region of Chiang Mai.
- Sukhothai Old City – Walk through the ancient ruins of the city hand-in-hand with your better half and explore its history and glorious past.
Malaysia is a true developing wonder, where on one side it boasts of rich biodiversity pronounced by the equatorial rainforests and on the other man-made marvels defined by the arching edifices.
Apart from the visual wonders of the country, it also hosts a potpourri of Asian cultures that rests harmoniously alongside its indigenous tribal culture.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.71500 to Rs.83500 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Two-round trip tickets to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia can cost somewhere between Rs.34000 to Rs.42000.
- Visa type – Visa-free travel for a stay of 15 days after registering with Electronic Travel Registration and Information Visa
- Visa fee – Free
- Travel Insurance – With Digit Insurance, you can purchase a travel insurance policy for Malaysia at a nominal premium of Rs.336 (excl. 18% GST) for a day, to obtain coverage of $50,000 for both of you.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – You need to shell out an estimated Rs.2500 per day for meals in Malaysia. Accommodation can be arranged in the range of Rs.2800 to Rs.3400 per night.
- Malacca – Take a romantic boat ride while exploring the history of Malaysia in the ancient town of Malacca, which is peppered with ancient structures, colonial edifices, and heritage buildings.
- Redang Island – Relax on the white sand beaches that line the calm turquoise waters of the South China Sea or hike the rocky cliffs and explore the tropical rainforests of Redang Island.
- Kinabalu National Park – Trek the hills in the Kinabalu National Park while exploring almost 4500 different species of fauna. It is also home to Mount Kinabalu (4050 feet), the largest mountain peak in South-east Asia.
- Cameron Highlands – Delve into true serenity with your better half in the verdant tea estates of Cameron Highlands.
Did you know that Indonesia is home to 17800 islands which stretch from South East Asia to Oceania? It is also the country that hosts the tranquil island of Bali, a much revered and coveted honeymoon destination.
Other than that, there are several remote islands to spend your days in blissful quiet, away from the crowd of tourists.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.76000 to Rs.92000 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight costs – Two round-trip tickets to Bali, Indonesia, could be somewhere in the range of Rs. 44000 to Rs. 50000.
- Visa type – Visa on Arrival valid for 30 days
- Visa Fee – Rs.2400 per VOA
- Travel Insurance – Digit offers a travel insurance policy for Indonesia at a nominal premium of Rs.336 (excl.18% GST) per day for a sum insured of $50,000, for two adults.
- Food and Accommodation Cost per Day – Meals in Indonesia will cost around Rs. 2000 per day for both you and your spouse. Expenses for your accommodation will be within the range of Rs.2500 – Rs.4000 per night.
- Mount Bromo in Java – If you are looking to spend your time amidst misty mountains.
- Pick any beach in Bali, and you will not want to leave the place for the entirety of your trip.
- Labuan Bajo – For a thrilling scuba diving experience.
- Monkey forest in Ubud – Well, the name here is quite self-explanatory.
- Komodo National Park – One of the only places on earth inhabited by these fierce creatures, do not miss out the opportunity to see the Komodo dragons on your visit to Indonesia.
Straddling the two continents of Asia and Europe, it is where the eastern civilisation marries the western one. You can witness an explosion of culture in this country, with the essence of both the worlds coming together in a harmonic manner.
It shows no dearth in natural beauty with pine-clad mountains, pristine sun-kissed beaches, vibrant and rich culture, etc. It also has the Black Sea on the North and the Mediterranean Sea to the South to add more wonders to its already incredible landscape.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.78100 to Rs.90200 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight costs – Round-trip flight tickets to Istanbul, Turkey, for both of you would be in the vicinity of Rs. 54000 to Rs. 65000.
- Visa – Single entry tourist visa valid for 90 days
- Visa fee – Rs.4280 (approx.) per visa
- Travel Insurance – It is mandatory to carry a proper travel insurance policy when travelling to Turkey. With Digit Insurance, you can avail a sum insured of $50,000 for both of you at a nominal premium of Rs. 340 (excl. 18% GST) for a day.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – Based on the experiences of other travellers, you would need to spend approximately Rs.1000 per day on meals for both of you. On accommodation, you would need to shell out in the range of Rs.2300 – Rs.2600 per night.
- Pamukkale – Enjoy an extremely romantic retreat to the thermal hot springs in Pamukkale and click surreal pictures against the mineral deposits, which look like snow-clad mountains.
- Cappadocia – What could be more amorous than the soaring in the sky, high above all your worldly woes with your better half? Ride the hot air balloons and experience this exciting feeling in Cappadocia.
- Love Valley – How could you miss the Love Valley where nature’s art comes alive through rocks and beautiful flowers from every corner?
- City of Derinkuyu – Enter the underground city, which is just as beautiful as what lies on the upper surface and see how persecuted Christians survived thousands of feet underneath.
The Maldives, a quaint country in South Asia, is home to some of the most pristine islands in the world, shoring the clear and turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean surrounded by coral reefs.
However, that serenity of these islands do not imply that they are humdrum; on the contrary, they are filled with enjoyable activities for you to indulge in during your honeymoon.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs. 80500 to Rs. 88000 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Two round-trip tickets from India to Male, Maldives shall cost somewhere within Rs. 48000 to Rs 50000.
- Visa type – Visa on Arrival valid for 30 days
- Visa Fee – Free of charge.
- Travel Insurance – With Digit you can avail coverage of $50,000 for both you and your spouse for an affordable premium of Rs.336, excluding a GST of 18% per day, under the Maldives travel insurance.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – On average, food and beverages for a couple in the Maldives will cost around Rs. 1900 per day. Accommodation expenses would be somewhere in the range of Rs. 2700 and Rs. 3400 per night.
- Hulhumale Beach – to explore turquoise waters and white-sand beaches, and go for scuba diving!
- Kandolhu Beach Island - Located 70 kilometres from the Ibrahim Nasir International airport, the island has unusually emerald waters surrounding it.
- Sun Island Beaches – Enjoy the exotic fragrance and charm of tropical flowers growing in abundance in the island.
- Dolphin and whale watching tours – From anyplace on a cruise from the islands.
Popularly known as the “Lion City”, Singapore is an island city-state located at the southernmost tip of Malaysia.
Singapore is host to an interesting amalgamation of cultures, borrowing influence from the Arab, English, Indian, Chinese, and Malaysian ways of life.
The city-state boasts of man-made architecture at its best, with hints of nature peppered across the country, thus leaving no stone unturned for the travellers there.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.88000 to Rs.104000 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Round-trip tickets to Singapore for two would cost somewhere in the range of Rs.42000 to Rs.52000.
- Visa – Tourist visa
- Visa Fees – $30 or Rs.3200 (approx.) per visa
- Travel Insurance – With Digit Insurance, you can acquire a travel insurance coverage of $50,000 for each of you at an affordable premium of Rs.336 (excl. 18% GST) per day.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – Average spending on meals for two in Singapore for a day is recorded in the vicinity of Rs.3000. Accommodation, on the other hand, can be found in the range of Rs.3500 to Rs. 4500 per night.
- Esplanade Roof Garden – View the panoramic city of Singapore from the heights of Esplanade roof garden, artistically decorated with perfectly trimmed lawns and shrubs.
- Singapore Flyer – Honeymoon in style by having dinner at an unimaginable height inside this capsule-shaped restaurant while enjoying the glittering city of Malaysia.
- Marine Life Park – Take a romantic walk under the ocean in what is one of the largest aquariums in the world.
- Gardens By the Bay – Never has plant-watching been this fun with exotic plants adorning this state-of-the-art garden that comprises of man-made mountain biomes and magical Supertrees.
As far as tourist destinations are concerned, Dubai needs no introduction. Its ultramodern and bold architecture has taken the world by spin.
The city’s exuberant and exciting nightlife, the glamour of it all is sure to break all your wildest expectations.
There will never be an idle moment in Dubai. Experience the thrill of modernity with a calming dash of traditional Middle-eastern culture in this Emirate.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.108500 to Rs.119300 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Round-trip tickets for both of you can cost in the range of Rs.42000 to Rs. 50000.
- Visa type – Tourist Visa for 30 days
- Visa Fee – $90 or Rs. 6600 (approx.) per visa
- Travel Insurance – It is mandatory to hold a travel insurance policy to visit Dubai. With Digit Insurance, you can obtain coverage of $50,000 per person at an affordable premium of Rs.336 (excl. 18% GST) for a day.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – In Dubai, you would need to spend an average of Rs.6500 per day for meals for the two of you. You can find accommodation in the range of Rs.3000 to Rs.3400 per night.
- Dubai Mall – It is the largest mall in the world which defies all definitions of what a mall is supposed to be and is a world in itself.
- Dubai Creek – Take a boat ride in the main port of Dubai, which was formerly the entrance to the city, to experience the middle-eastern vibe.
- Old Dubai – Although a quaint region, this part preserves the essence of Dubai before it was taken over by the rise of skyscrapers.
Greece is the country from where the Western civilisation stemmed. Its history still breathes within the confines of its ancient edifices, primarily spotted in the city of Athens.
The rugged mountainous landscape dotted with white-washed buildings against the blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea is a sight to behold. It is where culture and history confront the hip of the new-age world, a confrontation tangibly visible in its architectural contrast.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.138700 to Rs.150500 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight costs – Two round-trip tickets to Athens, Greece will cost in the range of Rs. 86000 to Rs. 94,000.
- Visa and Visa fee – As Greece is a part of the Schengen Area, you would need to apply for a Schengen visa for which you need to pay a fee of €80 per head.
- Travel Insurance – It is mandatory to carry travel insurance that covers your medical expenses when travelling to Greece. You can obtain coverage of $50,000 for each of you at an affordable premium of Rs. 340 (excl. 18% GST) with Digit Insurance.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – You would need to shell out approximately Rs.4500 per day for meals in Greece. Accommodation can vary somewhere in the range of Rs.3000 to Rs.3500 per night.
- Athens – Take a tour through the proud ruins of heralding Greek civilisation such as Acropolis, Parthenon, etc.
- Santorini – Romance in the ethereal and rugged town of Santorini that sits quietly by the gorgeous Aegean Sea.
- Rhodes – This Island is populated with ancient ruins and is a vivid spoil of its occupation by the Knights of St. John.
- Mykonos – It is famed for its beach resorts, picturesque beaches, and exuberant nightlife.
A quaint island country nestled in the calm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, located to the east of Madagascar. It is one of the finest beach destinations in East Africa and an ideal location for honeymooners seeking a tranquil retreat.
Mauritius offers a perfect package of lush mountains, spas, serene beaches, vibrant township, and adventure sports.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.139600 to Rs.157400 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Two round-trip tickets to Mauritius would cost you somewhere in the vicinity of Rs. 97000 – Rs.110000.
- Visa type – Visa on Arrival valid for 60 days
- Visa fee – Free
- Travel Insurance – You can purchase a travel insurance policy with Digit at a minimal premium of Rs.340 (excl. 18% GST) per day for both of you with coverage of $50,000 for each.
- Food and Accommodation Costs per Day – You would need to spend somewhere in the range of Rs.1800 – Rs.2200 per day for food in Mauritius. Accommodation expenses are somewhere between Rs.4300 and Rs.4500 per night.
- Black River Gorges National Park – Witness endangered species of flora and fauna unique to Mauritius in this lush national park dotted with mountains.
- Le Morne Brabant – Take a romantic walk by the ocean, relax in the beaches, participate in fun activities such as snorkelling or windsurf with the strong south-east trade winds.
- Blue Bay – Experience the white-sand beaches of Blue Bay alongside the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean for the perfect honeymoon photos.
- Rochester Falls – A perfect spot for honeymooners, where rivulets of clear waters stream through giant rocks and gush down to a clear pool, all amidst lush green surroundings.
It is the country where the famed Roman civilisation took form and Renaissance birthed. Italy is a towering figure when it comes to art and architecture and is unparalleled in its cultural significance.
Many famous European virtuosos have lived and breathed in the country, and their works still stand as ancient testaments to the greatness of Italy.
Italy is the ideal spot to begin your marital journey as you breathe within the same ruins and walls of a city that once hosted the likes of Michelangelo, Botticelli, etc.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.152000 to Rs.166000 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight costs – Round-trip tickets for both of you to Rome, Italy would be somewhere in the range of Rs.92000 to Rs.102000.
- Visa and Visa fee – You would need to apply for a Schengen visa to visit Italy and pay the equivalent of €80 to conclude the process.
- Travel Insurance – It is compulsory to hold a travel insurance policy to visit Italy. With Digit Insurance, you can obtain a travel insurance policy with coverage of $50,000 for each at an affordable premium of Rs.340 (excl. 18% GST).
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – You will need approximately Rs.6000 per day for meals for both of you in Italy. You can find accommodation arrangements in the range of Rs.2500 to Rs.3100 per night.
- Rome – Home to the Roman civilisation, Rome has no dearth of architectural wonders starting from the Colosseum to the Pantheon to the St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Venice – The “Queen of the Adriatic” is a unique city with no roads but only canals; honeymooning in Venice is an experience that stands out from the rest.
- Florence – Witness the notable Renaissance art, Italian architecture, and edifices such as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Tuscany – Escape the city’s hustle-bustle to the quiet corners of Tuscany that will soothe you with picturesque meadows, solitary abodes, and rich history.
- Pompeii – Explore the once glorious city of Pompeii through the well-preserved ruins of its former streets and abodes that vivify its rich past.
Referred to as “Paradise on Earth”, this fabled island country on the Indian Ocean is a unique beach destination because of its boulder-lined shores alongside azure waters.
It constitutes of a 115 granite and coral islands, each of unparalleled beauty. Most of these islands are UNESCO-listed natural reserves and safeguarded marine sanctuaries.
There is never a dearth of “things to do” in Seychelles with its diverse landscape offering a wide range of activities.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.161400 to Rs.185500 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Round-trip tickets to Seychelles for two can be somewhere in the vicinity of Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 98,000.
- Visa and Visa fee – You can acquire Visa on Arrival once you reach Seychelles with no necessary fee, provided your stay does not exceed 30 days.
- Travel Insurance – To safeguard your travel expenses, you can purchase a travel insurance policy with Digit at a nominal premium of Rs.340 (excl. 18% GST) per day to obtain coverage of $50,000 per head.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – On average, you might have to spend Rs.6000 per day for meals in Seychelles. Accommodation, on the other hand, shall cost in the range of Rs.4200 to Rs. 6500 per night.
- Mahe Island – Experience the ethereal beauty of nature with high mountains, azure waters, and spellbinding natural vegetation in the largest island of Seychelles.
- La Digue – Watch the waves of the Indian Ocean crash at the giant boulders by the shores, whilst relaxing on the white sand beaches of La Digue.
- Eden Island – It is the chic part of Seychelles; an artistically designed artificial island filled with extravagant mansions, lofty houses by the bay, and large shopping malls.
- Praslin Island – Seychelles’ second-largest island is famed for its glamorous beaches, azure waters, and lush forests.
14. New Zealand
New Zealand, located in the southernmost part of the world, hosts one of the most diverse landscapes in the world. Did you know that New Zealand was one of the last discovered regions by humans?
Hence, its biodiversity grew without human influence for millions of years into an astounding land of awe-inspiring vistas.
From pristine shores to vibrant city life, from lush meadows and forests to verdant and ice-capped mountains, New Zealand has it all and more.
- Overall cost estimate – Rs.191500 to Rs.206500 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight costs – Two round-trip tickets to Wellington, New Zealand costs somewhere in the range of Rs.132000 to Rs.140000.
- Visa type – Tourist Visa valid for 9 months
- Visa fee –$11 for online application and $16 for paper applications
- Travel Insurance – You can purchase a travel insurance policy for both you and your spouse at an affordable premium of Rs.340 per day and acquire coverage of $50,000 for each person.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – In New Zealand, expenses related to food for two would be somewhere north of Rs.3500 per day. You can find accommodation in the major cities in the range of Rs.5000 – Rs.7000 per night.
- Hobbiton in Matamata – Live like a hobbit in the picturesque Shire from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and give your marriage the perfect, fantastical start.
- Coromandel Peninsula – Bask in the warm, pristine beaches of the Coromandel Peninsula, trek in its native forests or raft in its calm, turquoise waters.
- Waiheke Island – A scenic and truly mesmerising island, located 50 minutes from Auckland, offers some of the most picturesque vistas.
- Dunedin – The city of Dunedin is popular for its Otago Peninsula that is home to albatrosses and penguins, and the Dunedin railways that take you through an idyllic and scenic journey.
- Queenstown – If you are into skiing or snowboarding, head to the country’s Adventure capital.
Fiji, an archipelago in Oceania, is home to 333 volcanic islands spanning across an area of 1600 kilometres. It is famed for its palm-lined beaches, coral reefs and surreal underwater sceneries.
There are umpteen things to do in Fiji from fun activities such as underwater surfing to relaxing retreats such as massage amidst nature.
- Overall Cost Estimate – Rs.273000 to Rs.280500 for 2 persons for a 7-day trip
- Flight Costs – Round-trip tickets to Fiji for both you and your partner would be in the range of Rs.196000 to Rs.200000.
- Visa type – Visa on Arrival
- Visa fee – Might need to pay a convenience fee
- Travel Insurance – You can obtain a travel insurance policy for Fiji at a low premium of Rs.340 for one day to enjoy coverage of $50,000 for each of you.
- Food and Accommodation Expenses per Day – In Fiji, all the meals for a day for both of you could be covered within Rs.5000. Accommodation expenses are in the range of Rs.6000 to Rs.6500 per night.
- Sun Coast – The “land of endless summer” is a unique landscape adorned with rugged mountains, waterfalls, pristine greenery, and surrounded by turquoise waters.
- Suva – The capital city of Fiji is a potboiler of culture and modernity, with museums, ancient sites, local markets and exciting nightlife.
- Pacific Harbour: Called the “Adventure Capital of Fiji”, go there for a day and engage in pulse-racing activities to amplify your honeymoon experience.
- Outer Islands – Hire a catamaran and cruise through the calm Pacific waters to explore the different islands lying on the outer ring of Fiji.
Disclaimer – The prices and visa requirements mentioned above are subject to change. Please verify the details before you make your reservations for visiting each country.
Note – The overall cost estimation mentioned in each case does not include costs related to visa and travel insurance.
Now that we have covered all about the countries you should visit, learn why it is crucial for you to purchase an international travel insurance policy during your visit.
Why should you buy International Travel Insurance?
Well, even though you are travelling to comparatively cheaper international destinations, you still have to incur substantial expenses in due course of your trip.
To make sure that you do not add to these expenses due to unforeseeable circumstances that might arise during your trip, it is best to avail a safeguard in the form of international travel insurance.
Following are a few reasons why it is best to have an international travel insurance policy in place before you embark on your honeymoon trip –
A travel insurance policy provides a high sum insured which can be utilised to cover hospitalisation costs (both accidental and illness-related) that you might incur during your trip.
- To Cover Personal Accident – Your insurance amount covers unfortunate instances of death or disability during your trip.
- Trip Cancellations – While trip cancellations are mostly not covered under travel insurance policies, with Digit, you can avail coverage for every pre-booked, non-refundable expense that you have already incurred for your trip.
- Passport Loss – During your travel, you can lose your passport, or it might get stolen, leading you to face unwarranted hassles. Under such circumstances, your travel insurance policy can help to cover the cost of reissuing your passport.
- To Cover Adventure Sports – Digit covers the cost of medical treatment should you meet with an accident while participating in an adventure sport (for one day) in the duration of your trip.