Compare Travel Insurance
Get Travel Insurance Policy starting from ₹200 only.
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
Compare & Buy Travel Insurance
Just like any other type of general insurance, a travel insurance too is designed to help people during times of distress. Whether you’re making an international trip or traveling within the country, a travel insurance protects you against unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, trip cancellations, loss of baggage, loss of passport, and medical emergencies amongst various other benefits.
Today, with the growing insurtech industry, there are an increasing number of travel insurances available online. While this gives you the benefit of buying a travel insurance in the most efficient way, it also gives you the benefit to compare travel insurance plans online, at the comfort of your home and time and thereby making the right decision and choosing the right plan that suits you and your travel journey the best. In this article, we outline the importance of comparing travel insurances online, types of travel policies available and different factors to keep in mind when you’re looking to secure your upcoming trip in India or abroad.
Why should I compare Travel Insurance online?
Think about all the times you’ve bought something important. Whether it’s something as small as a pen or something huge like a car; our human tendency is to look at the kind of options available, compare all different aspects and some of us even go the extra mile to test it before making the call. That’s pretty much the same mindset you need when you’re buying a travel insurance as well. After all, if something goes wrong, you want to be protected in the best way possible. Following are some reasons why comparing travel insurances makes senses:
- Makes us more aware of the kind of travel plans and policies available in the market
- Helps us understand the array of benefits available, that one can benefit from while on holiday
- Gives us a better overview of what to expect from different travel policies
- Ensures we make the right choice, after evaluating all options
Types of Travel Insurance Policies
Before buying anything, in this case- a travel insurance, it’s important you know what kind of policy you even want or need in the first place. Following are some of the popular types of travel policies you can read about and compare:
- Domestic Travel Insurance - As the name suggests, a domestic travel insurance is customized to suit people traveling within India. The same would include benefits such as flight delays, delay in checked-in luggage, and trip cancellations among other benefits.
- International Travel Insurance - An international travel insurance is a unique travel policy, customized to suit people traveling abroad. This kind of policy includes benefits like loss of passport, flight delays, loss of checked-in luggage, medical emergencies and personal liability bonds amongst many other benefits. The same is designed as per the country one has purchased the respective travel policy for, since the amount of coverage and sum insured would differ as per the standard of living and currency value of each country.
- Student Travel Insurance - A student travel insurance is designed for students traveling abroad to study. A student travel insurance is unique as compared to other plans, as it protects students from losses that could arise out of unfortunate situations, whilst they’re pursuing a course abroad. For example: if someone is pursuing their masters in the U.S but unfortunately gets into an accident because of which he/she can’t complete his/her masters. In this case, the student travel insurance will cover for all nonrefundable fees for the respective semester.
- Family Travel Insurance Plan - When a family travels together on a vacation, a family travel insurance protects all family members under one single plan.
- Senior Citizens Travel Insurance - Some travel insurance providers also offer a separate travel insurance plan for senior citizens, that covers them for both medical and other circumstances they may face while traveling.
- Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance - An annual multi-trip travel insurance is designed for the globetrotters and perhaps, frequent business travelers that protects one on multiple trips taken in one year.
- Schengen Travel Insurance - Since many travelers travel across different parts of Europe during one trip, some travel insurance providers offer a specific travel policy that covers one across all Schengen countries in one single plan.
Factors to Compare while buying a Travel Insurance
Sum Insured - Sum insured is the maximum amount a travel insurance will cover for in the case of any mishap. Typically, every cover in a travel policy comes with a separate sum insured. Therefore, compare the sum insured available for each of the covers and benefits and check if it would be enough or not. For example: If you’re traveling to the U.S.A, healthcare expenses are very high there. In this case, you’ll have to check if the medical coverage is enough or not.
Medical Covers - A medical cover in a travel insurance covers for any medical emergencies, illnesses or accidents that may occur during your trip. While most travel policies cover for the same, it’s important to compare the sum insured in each and the specific medical benefits offered. For example: Apart from covering for medical emergencies, we also provide for daily hospital cash in case of hospitalization abroad.
Transit Covers - Transit covers refer to the benefits one can avail in situations like a missed connection, flight delay, trip cancellation, delay or loss of checked-in luggage among other benefits. To be honest, these are some of the most common mishaps people face during their travels. Therefore, look for these coverages and compare the same across different travel policies.
Other Trip Covers - Compare all other benefits and covers; such as whether the travel insurance covers for adventure sports, loss of passport, trip cancellations, etc. Also, don’t forget to compare the extent up to which the benefit is offered!
Terms - Everyone’s wary of insurance terms, aren’t they? Therefore, always look at the terms before you buy a travel insurance policy. For example: Some travel insurances do cover for domestic flight delays but only if it’s delayed for at least 6 hours. In this case, you’d barely be able to benefit from the cover because domestic flights are often only delayed for 1-3 hours.
FAQs about Comparing Travel Insurance
Please try one more time!
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka