Tourist Visa for USA from India
USA Travel Insurance Starting from ₹206
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
All about Tourist Visa for USA from India
The USA is a perfect dream destination to dig into its years old museums, falls, beaches and landscape beauty. If you are planning to unearth the country for its divine food and much more, you can be really close to it.
Plan for a holiday to the USA and bet it will be one of the best decisions of your life. However, before you do so- you will need a tourist visa to enter the USA.
The USA fascinates and proposes several reasons for travelers across the globe to visit the country. Indians at large travel to the U.S for holidays or to visit family and friends living there. Traveling USA for holiday is the idea which no other proposition could beat.
Do Indians need Tourist Visa for USA?
No disparate from the rest of the world, yes Indians definitely need a tourist visa to enter and visit the USA. It is wise that before applying for the visa, one should be sure of the places to visit. As no matter the purpose is just a holiday, there will always be rules to follow.
Is there a Visa on Arrival in the USA for Indian citizens?
No, USA does not give tourist visa on arrival to Indian citizens. Only some parts of South America and North America of the continent allows for a visa on arrival.
Documents required for the USA Tourist Visa
Nobody likes paperwork but, sometimes there’s no escape! Even when the purpose of travel is holiday and visit family or friends, you need a list of verified and mandatory documents that may include:
- Original Passport and it should have six months validity date after arrival in the USA.
- All old passports.
- Digital and Hard Copy of the photograph as per the defined specifications.
- Interview Appointment letter.
- DS160 US Visa Application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center.
- Payment receipt of the fee paid.
Other supporting documents could include:
- Your travel itinerary.
- Bank Statements and other proof of funds.
- TAX and PAN details along with the previous year tax documents.
- Business Card, if any.
But what is the purpose to ask for these documents?
The idea is to fulfil the expectations of both the tourist and the host. In other words, these documents are asked for the purpose to avert any kinds of hassles. It will indicate the :
- Financial Affordability
- Clear intent to return home country, India.
- Criminal History, if any.
USA Tourist Visa Fee for Indian Citizens
The fee is charged depending on the type of USA visa applied for. The USA tourist visa fee for Indian citizens is 11840 (varies as per the USD rates).
How to apply for a USA Tourist Visa?
There is a lot of hype about the US visa application and approval. The process is simple but the whole procedure may take some time. You can apply for a US tourist visa following simple steps.
- Download and fill the Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
- Pay the required visa application fee.
- The candidate can then schedule the interview. Keep a few information handy like your passport number, CGI number of visa fee receipt and the ten (10) digit barcode number mentioned in confirmation page of DS-160
- Last, visit the U.S. Embassy on the date of interview. Do not forget to carry all your original documents printed and verified. Also, take the supporting documents along with.
USA Tourist Visa processing time
Getting a US visa is worth the wait. While you are busy building your own castles in the air, the embassy is on their toes to either approve of or cancel your application. If everything goes fine, embassy will take 3 to 5 days to process the visa and about 10 days for you to receive it.
Should I buy Travel insurance for USA?
Safety is gainful and any accident is painful. The intensity feels weird when we are a thousand miles away from home. USA Travel Insurance policy is for your safety, it will never prevent any mishap to happen. But it will help you manage many unforeseen events. Hence, when you plan to Travel, it is advisable for you to buy a Travel Policy for the duration of travel and stay. Let us understand in what circumstances can the policy be helpful.
- To cover medical expenses. Think of that last meal you took on a food truck. It made you sick and caused food poisoning. You immediately need medical assistance and hospital admission. With your travel policy the medical expenses could be covered.
- In some cases, people meet severe injuries leaving them motionless. There need is a medical evacuation to the safest place which is covered under a travel insurance.
- To cover immediate cancellation costs due to a mishap like a backbone injury. Now obviously anyone cannot travel in such a situation. But still under such instances the huge booking amounts of hotels and cost of tickets are covered under Travel Insurance.
- For the times when you sat in a public place and happened to lose your handbag. The bag had your passport and other valuables needed by you. Without your passport, a lot of things may come to a standstill for you, but don’t worry, a travel insurance could compensate you for that too.
- A travel insurance policy will protect you for the liability incurred due to third party property damage caused by your error or mistake.
- For times when you would want to actively participate in adventure sport activities, your insurance will cover for it in case of any emergencies.
Know more about:
FAQs about Tourist Visa for USA from India
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka