All about France Tourist Visa from India
When it comes to visiting France, Paris makes it to the top of every traveller’s list. Paris is full of historical sights, architecture, art (lots of it!) , and of course, some exceptional cuisine. Whether you have a day, a week, or a month to explore, Paris is a beautiful experience on its own. It sure dominates the headlines, but there are many other French cities that are worth a visit. Wander in and out of museums, cafes, farmers markets, beautiful gardens and soak in everything the charming little cities of France have to offer.
Without intending to kill your buzz, as much as everyone wants to travel to France at some point in time, getting a visa for the same is not always easy. Firstly, you need to apply for a visa at least 60 days prior to your journey time as the processing, verification can take up a lot of time. Therefore, plan ahead and secure both a visa and a good travel insurance that will make for a strong base to your journey ahead.
Do Indians need a visa for France?
Yes, Indians do need a Schengen visa for visiting France.
Is there a visa on arrival in France for Indian citizens?
No, there is no provision of visa on arrival in France for Indian citizens.
France Visa fee for Indian citizens
Schengen Visa fee for a short-term visa is 60 Euros (Approximately Rs 4,755)
Documents required for France tourist visa from India
- A passport that is valid for minimum 3 months after your proposed trip and has at least two blank pages. If you have a previous passport that has expired or been cancelled, this needs to be carried as well.
- 2 recent passport-sized colour photographs (refer to the photo specifications given below)
- Cover letter
- A duly filled application form
- Copy of your travel insurance policy
- Copy of Flight Reservations
- Proof of Accommodation
- Proof of financial sufficiency
- The photograph should have a plain, neutral background
- The photograph should have been taken within the last 6 months of your visa appointment
- It should be 35-40mm wide with your face taking up 70-80% of the frame
- It should be printed on high quality paper and not have any creases or marks on it.
- Both ears and the complete face from the forehead to the chin should be clearly visible
- If you wear spectacles, choose a light frame that does not cover your eyes and has no tint
- Headgear is not permitted unless worn for religious reasons. In such cases, it should not create any shadows on your face and not cover your forehead or your chin
- In the case of children’s photographs, no one else should be visible in the frame
Should I buy travel insurance for France?
Yes, It is mandatory to have travel insurance to enter France. Travel insurance has been made mandatory for visa application for Schengen countries since June 2004 as per European law. Therefore, you should have a valid travel insurance policy at the time of visa application. It will secure you against the risk of any unexpected medical expenses and other travel-related emergencies like luggage security, delayed or cancelled flights, thefts and other situations; when you are bound to feel especially vulnerable due to the fact that you are in an unknown land, far away from home.
Cautiousness should be the watchword. Get insured and enjoy a peaceful and financially secured trip in France! :)
How to apply for France tourist visa from India?
The French Embassy in India accepts visa application via VFS, its service partner. You'll need a Schengen visa for France and the first step to obtain it is to choose the type of visa you need to apply for.
1) Short-Stay Uniform Visa - It allows you to travel to Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland for a maximum of 3 months, every six months.
2) Short-Stay Visa with Limited Territorial Validity - It allows you to travel to the places indicated on the visa sticker only.
Once you know your visa type, follow these easy steps to apply:
- Download the application form from www.vfsglobal.com
- Submit your form with all required documents
- Visit your nearest visa application centre of VFS Global to apply for your visa
- Track your application
France Tourist visa processing time
Your visa application would be processed in 15 calendar days but might extend to 30 days in some cases. In case additional documents are required, your visa application will be decided on in a maximum of 60 days.