France Tourist Visa from India
Get Travel Insurance for your France Trip starting from ₹225
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
All about France Tourist Visa from India
When it comes to visiting France, Paris makes it to the top of every traveller’s list. Paris is full of historical sights, architecture, art (lots of it!) , and of course, some exceptional cuisine. Whether you have a day, a week, or a month to explore, Paris is a beautiful experience on its own. It sure dominates the headlines, but there are many other French cities that are worth a visit. Wander in and out of museums, cafes, farmers markets, beautiful gardens and soak in everything the charming little cities of France have to offer.
Without intending to kill your buzz, as much as everyone wants to travel to France at some point in time, getting a visa for the same is not always easy. Firstly, you need to apply for a visa at least 60 days prior to your journey time as the processing, verification can take up a lot of time. Therefore, plan ahead and secure both a visa and a good travel insurance that will make for a strong base to your journey ahead.
Do Indians need a visa for France?
Yes, Indians do need a Schengen visa for visiting France.
Is there a visa on arrival in France for Indian citizens?
No, there is no provision of visa on arrival in France for Indian citizens.
France Visa fee for Indian citizens
Schengen Visa fee for a short-term visa is 60 Euros (Approximately Rs 4,755)
Documents required for France tourist visa from India
- A passport that is valid for minimum 3 months after your proposed trip and has at least two blank pages. If you have a previous passport that has expired or been cancelled, this needs to be carried as well.
- 2 recent passport-sized colour photographs (refer to the photo specifications given below)
- Cover letter
- A duly filled application form
- Copy of your travel insurance policy
- Copy of Flight Reservations
- Proof of Accommodation
- Proof of financial sufficiency
- The photograph should have a plain, neutral background
- The photograph should have been taken within the last 6 months of your visa appointment
- It should be 35-40mm wide with your face taking up 70-80% of the frame
- It should be printed on high quality paper and not have any creases or marks on it.
- Both ears and the complete face from the forehead to the chin should be clearly visible
- If you wear spectacles, choose a light frame that does not cover your eyes and has no tint
- Headgear is not permitted unless worn for religious reasons. In such cases, it should not create any shadows on your face and not cover your forehead or your chin
- In the case of children’s photographs, no one else should be visible in the frame
How to apply for France tourist visa from India?
The French Embassy in India accepts visa application via VFS, its service partner. You'll need a Schengen visa for France and the first step to obtain it is to choose the type of visa you need to apply for.
1) Short-Stay Uniform Visa - It allows you to travel to Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland for a maximum of 3 months, every six months.
2) Short-Stay Visa with Limited Territorial Validity - It allows you to travel to the places indicated on the visa sticker only.
Once you know your visa type, follow these easy steps to apply:
- Download the application form from www.vfsglobal.com
- Submit your form with all required documents
- Visit your nearest visa application centre of VFS Global to apply for your visa
- Track your application
France Tourist visa processing time
Your visa application would be processed in 15 calendar days but might extend to 30 days in some cases. In case additional documents are required, your visa application will be decided on in a maximum of 60 days.
Should I buy travel insurance for France?
Yes, It is mandatory to have travel insurance to enter France. Travel insurance has been made mandatory for visa application for Schengen countries since June 2004 as per European law. Therefore, you should have a valid travel insurance policy at the time of visa application.
It will secure you against the risk of any unexpected medical expenses and other travel-related emergencies like luggage security, delayed or cancelled flights, thefts and other situations; when you are bound to feel especially vulnerable due to the fact that you are in an unknown land, far away from home.
France Travel Insurance will protect you in situations such as:
- Medical emergencies and illnesses
- Personal Accidents
- Loss or delay of checked-in luggage or passport
- If you need any medical assistance it will not dig your pocket
- Delayed Flights or Cancelled Flights due to any reason will be taken care of
- Adventure sports you plan to try out during your trip there
- Personal Liability Bonds such as in case your rental car gets into an accident, leading to car damage
FAQs about France Tourist Visa for Indian Citiznes
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka