Switzerland Visa for Indians
Get Travel Insurance for your Switzerland Trip starting from ₹225
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
Switzerland Tourist visa from India
If there’s just that one place that is on everyone’s places to go in my lifetime list, it would probably be Switzerland. Barring Bollywood’s obsession with shooting their romantic songs across the green pastures of Switzerland, it is the perfect destination for everyone else too- right from young couples and honeymooners to a group of friends or your entire family. From its breath-taking mountains to its fairy-tale like green meadows and even, some gorgeous hiking trails, Switzerland has a lot to offer, including the best chocolates ever!
Now, before you start mapping out your itinerary and count the days to your vacation, ensure you’ve got your visa and important documents such as your travel insurance policy in place.
Do Indians a need visa for Switzerland?
Yes, all Indian passport holders do need a visa to travel to Switzerland. The maximum stay allowed for the same is up to 90 days.
Is there a visa on arrival in Switzerland for Indian citizens?
No, there is no visa on arrival in Switzerland for Indian Citizens. All Indian passport holders are required to have a pre-approved visa to travel to all European countries, including Switzerland.
Switzerland Tourist visa requirements for Indian citizens
If you are planning your holiday to Switzerland sometime soon, keep the following documents ready:
- Original Indian Passport which should have eligibility for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Switzerland.
- Duly filled, visa application form.
- Two photographs of the dimension 35X45 mm with matt finish and white background.
- A cover letter to mention the travel details.
- Copy of your Switzerland Travel Insurance Policy.
- Flight tickets to and fro Switzerland.
- Itinerary of your trip in Switzerland.
- Proof of accommodation/ hotel or Airbnb bookings in Switzerland.
- Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
- Bank Statement for the last 6 months.
- Salary Slips for the last 3 months.
Note: if you are a frequent traveller, then you will have to submit these additional documents:
- Letter of Invitation from your family/ friends in Switzerland
- Bank Statement of the last 6 months.
- Copy of Passport.
Switzerland visa fee from India
Type of Visa
Single Entry Visa for Adults
Single Entry Visa for Child (6-12 years)
Single Entry Visa for Child (0-6 years)
The validity for Swiss Visa is up to 3 months. Under each age group, additional Service Fee of Rs.6999/- and GSTIN of Rs.1260/- is chargeable.
How to apply for Switzerland Tourist visa?
- Apply for the Swiss visa either in person or through a travel agent at the Switzerland Visa Application Centre, New Delhi. They do not accept any requisition by post or courier. You’ll be required to carry all the essential documents with you.
- Schedule an appointment at the visa application centre.
- Make sure you choose the right visa category in your application.
- Visit the embassy on the date of your interview. Pay the fees and wait for that stamp
Switzerland Tourist visa processing time
It will take at least 15 working days for your visa to process. However, in some cases, it could take longer. So, plan well ahead of time.
Should I buy a Switzerland Travel Insurance?
One of the most common complaints of tourists in Switzerland is the overall high cost of living there. This includes the cost of day to day things such as bottled water, meals and hotels. You can only imagine what the cost of things such as healthcare and legal processes could be! This is exactly when and why a travel insurance comes handy. A travel insurance for Switzerland ensures none of your plans are affected as it covers for you in all unforeseen circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Medical Assistance: Any medical assistance needed by you when abroad will be covered under the Travel Policy. Suppose you tried skiing or hiking and are injured during the activity. The travel policy will cover expenses for the medical assistance you seek on an immediate basis.
- Loss of Passport: Imagine that you were at Lake Geneva in Switzerland and you happen to lose your sling bag which had your passport! This could be the cause of a lot of worries. However, your travel insurance will have your back and cover you for the same!
- Delay of Check-in Baggage: Imagine this. You are traveling with two bags for Switzerland, followed by a trip to Barcelona. However, just when you land in your checked-in luggage doesn’t turn up and is delayed for a day. In such cases, your travel policy will cover and compensate for you.
- Emergencies: Losing money on vacation is one of the worst things to happen! However, in such cases too - a travel insurance will compensate and cover for you by providing you with emergency cash.
- Trip Cancellation/Abandonment: In the case of a trip cancellation, abandonment or change of dates due to any unforeseen circumstances, your travel insurance will cover for all non-refundable expenses of your trip such as hotel and flight bookings.
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka