Switzerland Tourist visa from India
If there’s just that one place that is on everyone’s places to go in my lifetime list, it would probably be Switzerland. Barring Bollywood’s obsession with shooting their romantic songs across the green pastures of Switzerland, it is the perfect destination for everyone else too- right from young couples and honeymooners to a group of friends or your entire family. From its breath-taking mountains to its fairy-tale like green meadows and even, some gorgeous hiking trails, Switzerland has a lot to offer, including the best chocolates ever!
Now, before you start mapping out your itinerary and count the days to your vacation, ensure you’ve got your visa and important documents such as your travel insurance policy in place.
Do Indians a need visa for Switzerland?
Yes, all Indian passport holders do need a visa to travel to Switzerland. The maximum stay allowed for the same is up to 90 days.
Is there a visa on arrival in Switzerland for Indian citizens?
No, there is no visa on arrival in Switzerland for Indian Citizens. All Indian passport holders are required to have a pre-approved visa to travel to all European countries, including Switzerland.
Switzerland Tourist visa requirements for Indian citizens
If you are planning your holiday to Switzerland sometime soon, keep the following documents ready:
- Original Indian Passport which should have eligibility for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Switzerland.
- Duly filled, visa application form.
- Two photographs of the dimension 35X45 mm with matt finish and white background.
- A cover letter to mention the travel details.
- Copy of your Switzerland Travel Insurance Policy.
- Flight tickets to and fro Switzerland.
- Itinerary of your trip in Switzerland.
- Proof of accommodation/ hotel or Airbnb bookings in Switzerland.
- Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
- Bank Statement for the last 6 months.
- Salary Slips for the last 3 months.
Switzerland visa fee from India
Type of Visa
Single Entry Visa for Adults
Single Entry Visa for Child (6-12 years)
Single Entry Visa for Child (0-6 years)
The validity for Swiss Visa is up to 3 months. Under each age group, additional Service Fee of Rs.6999/- and GSTIN of Rs.1260/- is chargeable.
How to apply for Switzerland Tourist visa?
- Apply for the Swiss visa either in person or through a travel agent at the Switzerland Visa Application Centre, New Delhi. They do not accept any requisition by post or courier. You’ll be required to carry all the essential documents with you.
- Schedule an appointment at the visa application centre.
- Make sure you choose the right visa category in your application.
- Visit the embassy on the date of your interview. Pay the fees and wait for that stamp
Switzerland Tourist visa processing time
It will take at least 15 working days for your visa to process. However, in some cases, it could take longer. So, plan well ahead of time.
Should I buy a Switzerland Travel Insurance?
One of the most common complaints of tourists in Switzerland is the overall high cost of living there. This includes the cost of day to day things such as bottled water, meals and hotels. You can only imagine what the cost of things such as healthcare and legal processes could be! This is exactly when and why a travel insurance comes handy. A travel insurance for Switzerland ensures none of your plans are affected as it covers for you in all unforeseen circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to the following: