Macau Visa for Indians
Get Travel Insurance for 7 days starting from ₹252 only
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
An Ultimate Guide about Macau Visa for Indians
In the past few years, Macau has developed into a popular tourist destination for Indians traversing the Southeast Asian routes. Known as the “Las Vegas of Asia”, Macau is a city-state and has been granted a Special Administrative Region status even though it is officially a part of China.
This means that if you are visiting Macau, you must inform yourself about the city-state’s rules and regulations, especially with regards to whether you will need a visa to travel there or not.
So, take a look at every relevant information about Macau visa for Indians before you start planning your trip!
Do Indian Citizens Require a Visa to Travel to Macau?
No, Indians travelling to Macau for a span of less than 30 days do not require a visa to enter the country. So, most tourists will not need to apply for a visa, assuming that the duration of their trip is for less than 30 days.
Note: Visitors must ensure that their passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of their visit to Macau to enjoy visa-free entry to the country.
However, if one plans to stay for longer than that, he/she will have to apply for a visa through an embassy or a consulate of the People’s Republic of China.
Is Visa on Arrival Available for Indian Citizens Visiting Macau?
Yes, the visa on arrival facility is also available for Indian citizens wishing to stay in Macau for a period of more than 30 days.
Macau Visa Fee for Indian Citizens?
Since Indians do not require any visa to travel to Macau for a period of less than 30 days, there is no visa fee associated with travelling to the country.
Indian citizens wishing to extend their trip for longer than 30 days have to follow the fee structure illustrated below to obtain the Macau visa:
Type of Visa
For individual visa
MOP$100, which is Rs. 890 (approximately)
For family visa
MOP$200, which is Rs. 1780 (approximately)
For group visa
MOP$50 per person which is Rs. 445 (approximately)
Documents Required for Indian Passport Holders to Obtain the Macau Visa?
Even though Indian citizens can enjoy a 30-day visa-free stay in Macau, they will need to obtain a visa if they plan to stay longer than that.
To obtain a Macau visa for Indian passport holders, individuals will have to furnish the following documents:
- A duly filled Macau visa application form.
- A copy of the traveller’s biodata page and the already used pages of the person’s passport.
- Documents serving as proof of financial status. (bank statement, employment certificate, etc.)
- Round trip air ticket to Macau and arrangement for accommodation while in the region.
- Travel documents that have been affixed with entry and exit stamps from Macau. (if any)
- Valid entry visa from other regions or countries. (if any)
- Recent photograph
What is the Process that Indian Citizens Should Follow to Apply for the Macau Visa?
Indian citizens who need to extend their stay for longer than 30 days in Macao need to apply for the visa through an Embassy or the Consulate of the People’s Republic of China.
There is, unfortunately, no online medium of applying for the Macau visa.
To apply for the visa, visit the People’s Republic of China embassy in New Delhi:
Address – 50D, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
Phone - +91-11-2611-2345 / +91-11-2687-1585 / +91-11-2611-6682
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website URL - http://in.china-embassy.org
Usually, the processing time of this visa is around 3 weeks after which you can avail approval for it. The visa is transferred to your passport on your arrival to the country.
So, there you go! Here’s everything you need to know about obtaining a visa to travel to Macau!
But, hold on!
Before you embark on this trip, have you considered availing a travel insurance policy for visiting Macau?
Should I Buy a Travel Insurance for Macau?
Well, availing a travel insurance policy before travelling to Macau is not mandatory, per se. But it is best to have one at your disposal to make sure that you are financially prepared to stave off any unforeseen liabilities that might arise during your trip. For example:
Avail Emergency Cash - It is common knowledge that Macau is famous for its casinos. As a result, petty thefts and snatching of wallets are also common here. Under such circumstances, you can avail emergency cash from your travel insurance. Further, if you happen to lose your passport alongside your wallet, the travel insurance will cover the costs of re-issuing it.
Covers Medical Emergencies - There is unfortunately only one public hospital in Macau, meaning that if you require hospitalization (whether accidental or illness related) you will have to incur substantial expenses. However, if you have travel insurance for Macau, your treatment expenses will be covered under it.
Other Coverage Areas - A travel insurance policy benefits you by providing coverage for loss or delay of baggage in transit, personal liability cover, emergency trip extension cover as well as accidental death or disability benefits.
Plus, with Digit you can avail the following benefits as well:
- You can avail a sum insured of $50,000 with a nominal premium of Rs. 285 (excl. 18% GST) per day for one traveller.
- You can enjoy a hassle-free paperless claim process by simply placing a missed call to Digit while travelling.
- You can avail the insurance without having to pay for any deductibles!
So, doesn’t availing the Macau travel insurance policy seem like a good idea?
Make sure you purchase it before your trip commences to make sure that you are financially secure during your Macau travels.
Disclaimer: The information above has been collected by consulting various internet sources. Please make sure you visit the official government website of Seychelles and verify the information before making any reservations or applying.
FAQs about Macau Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka