Japan Tourist Visa from India
Buy Travel Insurance for your Japan Trip
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
All about Japan Tourist Visa for Indians
Japan belongs to the continent of Asia and is very unique when it comes to its distinctive culture and traditions. It is a country situated on an isolated island-nation, which is probably what makes it so different from the rest of the world. Japan is famous for its distinctive cherry blossom gardens, sculptures, and poetry. It is home to more than ten popular tourist destinations which includes Mount Fuji as one of its top attractions.
Some of its other famous attractions include Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, Osaka Castle, and The Island Shrine of Itsukushima, amongst many others. The best time to travel to Japan is sometime between March to May and September to November.
Do Indians need a visa for Japan?
Yes, it is compulsory for all Indian passport holders to get a visa to visit Japan.
Is there a visa on arrival in Japan for Indian citizens?
No, unfortunately there’s no visa on arrival available for Indian passport holders traveling to Japan. Keep in mind that, you should have about 60-90 days in hand from when you apply for your Japan visa to your planned dates of departure.
Documents required for Japan tourist visa
Off lately, Japan has become one of the most popular tourist destinations amongst Indians. Earlier, it wasn’t very easy to acquire a tourist visa for Japan. But then, later the Japanese Embassy made some relaxation in the rules for the visa. You need to submit the following documents before you apply for the tourist visa for Japan.
- Original Passport with a validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in Japan.
- Two coloured photos with the matte finish white background.
- Confirmed Air tickets.
- Visa Application duly filled with correct details.
- Your travel itinerary
- Salary slip of last 3 months if the candidate is employed.
- Employment Certificate if the candidate is employed.
- Original bank statements for the last 6 months signed and stamped by bank authorities.
- Form 16 or ITR filed for last 3 years.
- Original letter of leave from school/college/office.
- If the applicant is a student, then your college/school ID.
- Pension passbook, if the applicant is a retired professional.
- Travel Insurance Policy.
Japan visa fees for Indian Citizens
The application fees that Indian Citizens need to pay Rs.510/- to the embassy for both single as well as multiple entries.
How to apply for a Japan Visa?
- Download the visa application from the website of the Embassy of Japan and fill it carefully.
- Make an appointment at the visa application centre or embassy.
- Pay the visa fees as mentioned.
- Attend the interview on the date you scheduled it.
- Submit all the information, biometrics and finger-prints.
- Wait for the response of the representatives.
- Collect your passport and receive either approval/rejection of the visa.
Japan Tourist visa processing time
The Embassy of Japan will take 4 working days to process the visa. It will exclude the day on which you deposit the application.
Should I buy Travel Insurance for Japan?
Although not mandatory, a travel insurance for Japan can help maximise your savings by protecting you from any losses on your trip whilst also strengthening your Japan visa application.
- Medical Emergencies: It is essential to show your insurance policy to the medical practitioner if you happen to need any medical assistance during your trip. Having a travel insurance in such cases can prevent you from spending beyond your predetermined travel budget.
- Evacuation Coverage: In case of emergencies when you need medical evacuation to your homeland in India, the cost could be huge! Your insurance policy could provide you coverage for such unexpected expenses when you are abroad.
- Lost or Stolen Luggage: We don’t know when an act of theft can happen. But when we travel we make our minds to be prepared for the worst. Your insurance policy will cover you for in case of loss of money, your checked-in luggage or worst- your passport!
- Loss of Passport: If you happen to lose your passport while you’re traveling in Japan, your travel insurance could cover for you in helping you with the process of getting a new one, as soon as possible.
- Sports Activity coverage: When in Japan, if you plan on trying adventure sports such as skiing, rock climbing, mountain climbing, scuba diving, etc. Sometimes, travellers get hurt while they are engaged in any of these sports activities. Your insurance policy covers you for such accidental injuries.
While picking a travel insurance, go through all your covers and benefits to ensure your travel policy covers for everything you may need.
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka