An Ultimate Guide about Mauritius Visa for Indian Citizens
Are you planning a lovely family vacation to Mauritius? Well, you are in for a treat!
Mauritius is a small nation, approximately one and a half times bigger than Delhi. Nonetheless, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations amongst Indian travellers.
Whether you want to spend your honeymoon at this heavenly location or simply want to enjoy with friends, you could not pick a better destination than Mauritius. However, before packing your bags, give some thought to Mauritius visa for Indians. Arranging this paperwork should significantly reduce your hassle on the trip.
Do Indians Need a Visa to Visit Mauritius?
Yes, Indian passport holders travelling to Mauritius will require a visa to enter the country.
Is Visa on Arrival/e-Visa Available in Mauritius for Indians?
Yes, the provision of a visa on arrival has been made available for Indian citizens looking to travel from India to Mauritius. In fact, when looking for a Mauritius tourist visa for Indians, you have only one option, which is a visa on arrival. Indians cannot avail the visa before their trip commences.
You can arrive at Mauritius Airport and pick up your visa document from the immigration desk there.
Mauritius Visa Fee for Indians Citizens
The good news for travellers is that Mauritius visa for Indians is completely free of cost. This means that even though you would need to pick up your visa documents before officially entering the nation, you do not need to pay a fee for the visa.
Know more about Visa free countries for Indian Citizens.
Documents Required for Mauritius Visa for Indian Citizens
Simply understanding the requirements is not enough, though. You should keep certain documents ready, which are vital for ensuring hassle-free visa on arrival for Indian passport holders in Mauritius. Take a look at the list below:
- Filled-in visa forms with all necessary details and information
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 more months from the date of the Mauritius visit.
- If you are travelling to another destination from Mauritius, you must show a valid visa for that nation. Otherwise, you will need to showcase confirmed return flight tickets.
- All accommodation details, which should include room booking receipts and other details
- In case a Mauritian citizen is sponsoring your stay in the country, you would need to show a letter from the sponsor indicating the same. Further, the citizen’s address and the relationship must also be mentioned in this sponsorship letter.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the various expenses while staying in the country
- Bank statement may also be necessary
How to Apply for Mauritius Visa on Arrival?
Indians do not need to endure a long and strenuous visa application procedure when visiting Mauritius for a tour. In fact, there is no pre-registration process to follow. You should take all necessary documents on the trip and avail the visa on arrival from the airport immigration department.
Indian Embassy in Mauritius
Mauritius is a relatively safe country, which is free from internal strife, terrorism, or any other threats. Still, it is a wise move to note the address and contact details of the Indian Embassy in the nation.
- Address - High Commission of India, 6th Floor, L.l.C. Building, Pres. John Kennedy Street, P.O. Box 162, Port Louis, Mauritius.
- Contact Number - +(230) 208 3775/76, 208 0031, 211 1400
- Working Hours – Monday to Friday between 9.30 AM and 5 PM
In case of any emergencies, make sure you get in touch with a representative from the embassy.
If you are looking to minimise the financial risk from emergencies during your Mauritius travel, opting for an insurance policy is your best option.
Should you Buy Travel Insurance Policy for Mauritius?
Travel insurance is a necessity wherever you go. Although not mandatory for Mauritius travel, buying such a cover can significantly minimise your financial risk.
If you think you do not require Mauritius travel insurance, think again!
The cost of medical aid in international destinations is more expensive than they are in India. Therefore, illnesses and injuries can result in a serious strain on your pockets, especially when you are in Mauritius. A travel insurance plan is the easiest way to curtail such unplanned expenses.
Such policies not only provide financial assistance in the event of medical emergencies but also extend cover to missing/stolen baggage in transit and passport. Further, reputed providers, like Digit offer trip cancellation cover under their travel insurance plans as well. This further reduces financial burden in case you need to postpone the planned vacation at the last moment.