An Ultimate Guide about Seychelles Visa for Indian Citizens
Comprising 115 distinct islands, Seychelles lies around 1450 km from the coast of East Africa. While a majority of the islands in the nation remain uninhabited, the places that are habitable boast of some of the most enchanting locations and activities for tourists.
It continues to be a popular destination for Indian tourists too. According to a 2018 report, more than 8000 citizens from the country visited the Seychelles islands in the first half of the same year. (1)
Do the pristine beaches, and blue ocean water call out to you?
Keep reading to learn all about the Seychelles visa for Indians so that you can enjoy a relaxing vacation at this attractive destination.
Do Indians Need a Visa to Visit Seychelles?
No, Indian citizens visiting Seychelles do not require a visa to enter the country. However, as a tourist you must still acquire a permit from the country’s immigration department after reaching the island nation. This permit remains valid for 30 days after its issuance and can be extended for up to 3 months from its date of issuance.
However, travellers need to possess at least $150 per day for the duration of their stay in Seychelles on per-person basis to become eligible for a Seychelles travel permit.
Is Visa on Arrival/e-Visa Available in Seychelles for Indians?
No, since Seychelles is a visa-free country for Indian citizens, you will not require a visa on arrival or e-visa to enter the country. However, travellers still need to obtain a permit. You cannot apply for the permit online. Instead, you need to avail the permit upon arrival to the island nation as already mentioned earlier.
Seychelles Visa Fee for Indians
Since Seychelles is a visa free country for Indians, no visa fee is charged for Indian citizens visiting the country.
Further, the permit required to visit the Seychelles is also issued free of cost and will allow you to stay in the country for up to 3 months.
Documents Required to Acquire a Permit for Visiting Seychelles
To acquire a permit for Seychelles, you must carry the following documents on your vacation.
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Confirmed return tickets from Seychelles
- Indian passport with at least six more months of validity from the date of arrival in Seychelles
- Proof of hotel accommodation, in the form of receipts or bills
- Indian travellers must possess $150 or around Rs. 11,000 per person per day of stay.
These are just some of the basic requirements that a Seychelles traveller must meet to acquire a permit.
The Process to Apply for a Seychelles Permit for Indian Citizens
As already said, Seychelles is a visa-free country for Indians, which makes travelling to this destination extremely convenient. However, a travel permit is necessary when you are planning to tour the nation.
You need to collect the travel permit after reaching the country. Make sure you carry all the necessary documents mentioned above for convenient entry into the nation.
Should I Buy a Travel Insurance for Seychelles?
Seychelles does not mandate availing a travel insurance plan for abroad travellers. Still, opting for such a cover is always a wise move to protect yourself financially.
Listed below are just some of the reasons why availing travel insurance for Seychelles, especially from Digit, is essential whenever you step out of the country.
- Go on Adventures Without Worrying - With a travel insurance you can partake in any adventure sports in Seychelles (only single day activities are covered) without worrying because the policy provides coverage for accidents occurring in due course.
- Ease the Replacement of Lost or Stolen Passport/Permit - During your travel someone may steal your bag, containing important documents like your passport. Under such circumstances, your travel insurance should cover the cost involved in the replacement of permit/passport.
- Explore Seychelles Uninhibited! - With a travel insurance you can make sure that you are financially protected from unforeseen situations that might arise on the road, like an accident or any other medical emergencies during your trip. The travel insurance under scenarios involving an accident will cover the financial liabilities arising from damage to the rental car, third party liabilities, etc.
- Trip Cancelled? Avail Reimbursement for all Pre-Bookings - While we can in no way alleviate your disappointment if your trip gets cancelled, we can make the situation a bit easier by reimbursing you with all your pre-booked non-refundable expenses.
Apart from these, baggage delays, emergency medical expenses, missed connections, emergency cash requirements, we have got it all covered during your trip to Seychelles - that too at the nominal price of Rs. 214 (Excl. GST) per day for a sum insured of $50,000 for 1 adult!
However, with a travel insurance plan covering personal liability, your insurer pays off the liability arising out of such incidents, saving you a crucial portion of your travel money.