Buy Travel Insurance for Seychelles from India Online
What’s great about International Travel Insurance for Seychelles by Digit?
Seychelles Travel Insurance Plans that fit your needs
Emergency Accidental Treatment & Evacuation
Emergency Medical Treatment & Evacuation
Daily Cash Allowance (Per day/Max 5 days)
Accidental Death & Disability
Emergency Dental Treatment
Smooth transit covers
Common Carrier Delay
Delay of Checked-in Baggage
Total loss of Checked-in Baggage
Loss of Passport
Emergency Trip Extension
Personal Liability & Bail Bond
Coverage option suggested above is only indicative and is based on market study and experience. You may opt for any additional coverages as per your requirement. Please call us at 1800-258-5956 in case you want to opt for any other coverages or wish to know further details.
Due to the recent outbreak of Corona Virus Disease (COVID -19), we are temporarily suspending Trip Cancellation cover.
List of countries for which travel insurance is completely blocked - China, Hongkong, Taiwan, Singapore, Italy, Thailand, Japan.
With us, get access to VIP claims
After you buy our international travel insurance for Seychelles, you live tension free as we have a 3-step, completely digital claims process!
Give us a call at 1800-258-5956 (if in India) or drop a missed call at +91-7303470000 & we’ll call back in 10 mins.
Upload the required documents & your bank account details, on the link sent.
We’ll take care of the rest!
Why choose Digit for your Seychelles Travel Insurance from India?
In recent years, Digit insurance has emerged to be one of the most reputed travel insurance providers in India. With a strictly customer-oriented approach, it has made insurance policies more convenient for individuals.
A few reasons why Digit is an ideal choice for your Seychelles travel insurance policy are mentioned below:
- Reimbursement for Missing a Connecting Flight - In case you miss your connecting flight due to a flight delay, you might need to book another flight and stay somewhere for the time being. A Seychelles travel insurance policy from Digit will cover for the expenses you have to incur on account of a missed connecting flight.
- Coverage for Delayed In-Transit Luggage - Delayed in-transit luggage ought to be frustrating. You have your essentials in it and starting your trip without at least a change of clothes is inconvenient. With a Seychelles travel insurance policy, you will receive a certain sum of money as stipulated in your policy to make temporary arrangements so that you can get started on your vacation.
- Participate in Adventure Sports without Worry - Nothing should stop you from participating in adventure sports, especially when in Seychelles. And in case, you injure yourself while participating in a single-day adventure sports activity, costs of medication will be covered under a travel insurance policy.
- No Deductible Required - A deductible is what you need to pay towards a certain expense before you can claim for the remainder with your insurance provider. But, with travel insurance for Seychelles from India, you do not need to pay any deductible and can claim the entire amount.
- Coverage for Emergency Hospitalisation - In case you fall sick due to some reason or have an accident resulting in hospitalisation, expenses for the same will be covered under a Seychelles travel insurance policy.
- Affordable Premium - A Seychelles travel insurance policy with a sum insured of $50,000 can be obtained against a premium of Rs. 177 (excluding GST of 18%) per day for one person. It is a considerably small amount to pay keeping in view the scale of expenses that you might have to bear on account of unforeseeable events.
Know more about Seychelles
Seychelles is an archipelago consisting of 115 granite and coral islands, located off the east of Kenya, surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. Its picturesque white-sand beaches married with boulder-dotted coastlines and verdant hills offer a sublime experience.
Seychelles is an ideal location if you are seeking a break from the bustle of the city and want some quiet time with sounds of waves crashing on the gigantic boulders embalming your being. And when doldrums hit your vacation, there’s a myriad of activities to participate in for a major adrenaline rush.
What is the Best Time to Visit Seychelles?
- April & May and October & November – These periods mark the transition between the north-western trade winds and the south-eastern trade winds, setting mild and enjoyable weather across Seychelles. These months are ideal for taking a dive, sunbathing, scuba diving, climbing hills, and wildlife watching. Also, tourists do not frequent Seychelles during these months, and hence, the islands will be a lot quieter and calm.
- December & January and July & August – Islands will be filled with tourists around these times, who come from countries far and wide to escape either a bitterly cold winter or scorching summer seasons.
- June to September – This period is notable in Seychelles for cold, dry weather. Sunbathing during these months is enjoyable and also taking long treks through its lush jungles. Also, surfing is a popular adventure sport during these months.
Top 5 Places to Visit in Seychelles
- Mahe Island - Mahe is the largest island in the archipelago with 65 beaches in total. It is crowned by the highest hills in Seychelles and dressed with verdant forests and surreal pink beaches lined at the coast with boulders that stand timelessly on its shores. It is also home to a plethora of flora & fauna and hosts multiple tourist attractions in the capital city of Victoria.
- La Digue Island - La Digue is popular for its granite boulders dotting the coastline of the island. The surreal view of azure waters kissing the granite boulders, adorned by bright sunlight is every shutterbug’s dream capture. And if you are tired of modern hotels, this place is your respite with island-style accommodations and traditional transport mediums such as bicycle and ox-carts.
- Praslin Island - Praslin Island is home to an extremely rare species of parrots known as black parrots. You can find it on the beaches as well as in the Praslin National Park. It also features the UNESCO Heritage Site of Valle de Mai, which is home to six endemic palm trees along with the popular coco de mer.
- Bird Island - This island is home to a wide range of birds migrating in May to November, which can go north of a million during peak periods. These migratory birds include a wide variety of terns. Bird Island is ideal for wildlife photography.
- Fregate Island - And finally, for a shot of adrenaline sprinkle to an otherwise tranquil trip, you can visit the Fregate Island. It is the most popular destination in Seychelles for water adventure sports such as scuba diving, snorkelling, etc. Also, there are numerous birds you can view on this island known as frigate birds.
These five islands are a must-visit if you are visiting Seychelles. Apart from these, there are other attractions which you can put in your itinerary if you have time in your hands such as Aldabra Island, Aride Island, etc.
Seychelles Visa Requirements for Indians
- Visa type - No visa required. Visitors are issued a permit on arrival.
- Duration - A maximum stay of 30 days.
- Visa fee – Free of cost.
- Know more about Seychelles visa for Indians
Safety Measures to take when visiting Seychelles
The precautions you need to take when vacationing in Seychelles are:
- Be wary with your valuables on the road, as there have been instances of snatching.
- Move-in large groups to avoid getting targeted or trailed by mob groups.
- With increasing instances of break-ins, it is safe to keep your valuables in a locker in the hotel you are staying.
- Choose a hotel that has adequate security facilities.
- Beware of pirates when on the sea, especially around Somalia and Gulf of Aden.
Indian Embassy in Seychelles
- Address: 3rd Floor, Maison Esplanade, Francis Rachel Street, Victoria, Mahe, Republic of Seychelles.
- Timings: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Contact Number: (+248) 4674100