Buy Travel Insurance for Germany from India Online
What’s great about International Travel Insurance for Germany by Digit?
Germany Travel Insurance Plans that fit your needs
Emergency Accidental Treatment & Evacuation
Emergency Medical Treatment & Evacuation
Daily Cash Allowance (Per day/Max 5 days)
Accidental Death & Disability
Emergency Dental Treatment
Smooth transit covers
Common Carrier Delay
Delay of Checked-in Baggage
Total loss of Checked-in Baggage
Loss of Passport
Emergency Trip Extension
Personal Liability & Bail Bond
Coverage option suggested above is only indicative and is based on market study and experience. You may opt for any additional coverages as per your requirement. Please call us at 1800-258-5956 in case you want to opt for any other coverages or wish to know further details.
Due to the recent outbreak of Corona Virus Disease (COVID -19), we are temporarily suspending Trip Cancellation cover.
List of countries for which travel insurance is completely blocked - China, Hongkong, Taiwan, Singapore, Italy, Thailand, Japan.
With us, get access to VIP claims
After you buy our international travel insurance for Germany, you live tension free as we have a 3-step, completely digital claims process!
Give us a call at 1800-258-5956 (if in India) or drop a missed call at +91-7303470000 & we’ll call back in 10 mins.
Upload the required documents & your bank account details, on the link sent.
We’ll take care of the rest!
Why Choose Digit for your Germany Travel Insurance from India?
Digit is one of the most reputed travel insurance providers in India. Buying a policy from them ensures sufficient financial cover from sudden and unplanned expenses while on the trip.
Listed below are some of the reasons why Digit is the perfect choice to cover your travel to Germany:
- Coverage for Adventure Sports-related Mishaps - Digit is one of the insurance providers in India that offers complete coverage for injuries sustained while participating in a single-day adventure sports on your trip. Hiking, mountain-biking and trekking are some of the favourite adventure sports that tourists engage in when visiting Germany. If you happen to injure yourself while participating in these thrilling activities, Digit takes the financial liability for all your medical assistance.
- Trip Cancellation Coverage - Have you ever wondered what happens to all your bookings and reservations in case you suddenly need to cancel or postpone a trip to Germany? Under normal circumstances, you will need to bear the cancellation charges, along with any other charges, for flight, travel and hotel bookings. Digit’s Germany travel insurance from India will help you reclaim such losses in the event of trip cancellations. Such a facility reduces your stress, ensuring you can cancel travel plans to deal with emergency situations at home, such as a death in the family.
- Luggage Missing in Transit? No Need to Worry - During your travel from India to Germany, your baggage passes several hands, especially at the airport. Often, due to mix-ups in transit, you may reach the destination a long time before your luggage does. How do you survive in a completely new country without access to your essential travel items? Well, you cannot. In such a case, the only option is to buy the necessary products all over again. With Digit’s protection, you can replace these items without spending a single penny from your own pockets.
- No Liability for Damage to a Third-party - Germany offers some of the wildest cycling trails in the world. Therefore, as a tourist, you may rent a bike and set out on a wonderful journey. What happens if you meet with an accident that damages the cycle beyond repair? Without an insurance plan, you pay for the damage, increasing your liability. However, with Digit’s insurance policies, you can avoid such liability. The insurance provider will cover the liabilities, preventing unexpected losses.
- Nominal Premiums Ensure Affordability - You must be wondering how much such comprehensive coverage costs. Well, you would think it would be in the thousands, right? If you choose Digit, it will cost you much less. For an adult, Digit’s Germany Travel Insurance policies start at just Rs. 177 (18% GST extra) per day of stay. The sum insured for the plan is $50,000, which should easily suffice for all your emergency requirements.
- Impeccable 24x7 Customer Care Services - Digit has become a reliable name in the travel insurance sector in India, primarily due to its quality of service. As a policyholder, you can reach a representative from Digit’s team 24x7. Just place a call at +91-730347000 from anywhere around the globe.
- Reclaim the Cost of Reissuing your Passport - Passports are important documentation, especially when you are travelling abroad. At such a time, you cannot afford to lose it. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, if you face theft or loss of passport while in Germany, Digit can help you acquire the funds necessary for getting an interim passport.
With such benefits and more, the Digit international travel insurance policy provides comprehensive coverage for your travels to Germany.
Know more about Germany Before your Trip Begins
Germany is a country like no other. The rich historical and cultural heritage of Germany is unique and helps draw tourists from all around the globe. Home of the renowned Oktoberfest, a majority of the country’s tourists, include individuals who want to visit the various festivals. The friendly locals are also very welcoming toward international guests, encouraging you to mix freely with them and learn about their culture.
Best Time to Visit Germany
- May to September – This is the time of the year when Germany’s weather remains the most pleasant, with temperatures ranging between 20 degrees and 25 degrees Celsius. With plenty of sun and no instances of snowfall, travellers can visit most of the destinations without any hassle.
Top 5 Places to Visit in Germany
While it is difficult to pick out five places out of the numerous spots to visit in Germany, we have our top picks right here:
- Rugen Island - Beaches, luxurious resorts, romantic escapades and even a national park, Rugen Island has it all. Jasmund National Park is famous for its cliffs, some of which can rise up to more than 500 feet. You can also head to a lighthouse situated here.
- Cologne - Cologne will let you glimpse a typical city life in Germany, with vibrant locations and truly engaging nightlife. Further, interested travellers can also check out the cultural and art scene, prevalent in Germany.
- Berlin - Germany’s capital city is mostly associated with World War II history and memorabilia. However, post the fall of the Berlin wall, tourists are also drawn to landmarks, such as the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate. If you want to experience Germany’s culture to the fullest, visiting Berlin is vital.
- Neuschwanstein - If you want a change from the urban lifestyle in Germany, Neuschwanstein Castle is the best destination. Known as one of the most photographed buildings in the country, this castle is situated along the Bavarian Alps. Interesting fact: Neuschwanstein Castle served as the influence for Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in the Walt Disney production.
- Munich - If you intend to experience Oktoberfest, Munich is the place to go. One of the most culturally relevant cities in the world, Munich houses several theatres and operas. Don’t miss the various delicacies that eateries serve here. You won’t find better, authentic German food anywhere else.
That’s it! These are the five most attractive places that you must visit on your trip to Germany. Nevertheless, there are countless other destinations you should visit and activities that you should partake in, while in Germany.
Safety Measures for Tourists to Germany
Germany is one of the safest European destinations, experiencing a very low crime rate. Still, adopting the following measures is helpful:
- Keep your hotel room locked and place any valuable items inside the safety deposit box at the property.
- Try to avoid train stations at night as you may fall victim to harassment from some locals.
- Travel with a local guide who can bridge the communication gap between you and the locals.
Germany Visa for Indians
- Visa Type – Schengen Visa for Indian passport holders
- Duration – Up to 90 days from the date of arrival
- Cost of Visa - €80 (Approx. Rs. 6,300) per person.
Disclaimer: Forex rates are subject to change without any notice.
Know more about:
Indian Embassy in Germany
Before visiting Germany, you should note down the information of the Indian embassy in the country. Doing so will help you seek swift assistance in case of emergencies:
- Address - Embassy of India, Tiergartenstraße 17, 10785 Berlin, Germany
- Phone number - +49-30-257950
The embassy remains open between 9 AM and 5.30 PM on all weekdays, except holidays.