Germany Visa from India
Get Travel Insurance for your Germany Trip starting from ₹225
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
All about Germany Tourist Visa from India
There’s probably more than just one reason to travel to Germany. From its vibrant and artistic cities to its quaint and offbeat countryside, Germany is a lovely country to map your next travel to. Home to events like the Oktoberfest and the Berlin Film Festival, it’s a famous hub of all the arts as well. But, before you go ahead and start painting your travel dreams- apply for the visa and then, well- the sky’s your limit.
Do Indians need a visa for Germany?
Yes, Indian passport holders need a Schengen visa for Germany. With this, you can visit 25 other countries in the Schengen area as well. After getting the visa, Indian nationals are allowed to stay for a maximum period of 90 days only. However, ensure your passport is valid for at least 3-months from your date of arrival in Germany.
Is there a Visa on Arrival in Germany for Indian Citizens?
No, Germany and other European countries do not offer a visa on arrival. Indian nationals need a pre-approved visa for the tourists who wish to travel to Germany.
Documents required for Germany Tourist Visa
While applying for a Schengen visa, you will need the following documents:
- Application form duly filled
- Two identical, coloured photos of dimensions 35X45mm. Ensure it shows 70-80% of your face.
- A valid passport not older than 10 years. It should be valid for at least 3 months from your date of departure from Germany, or any other Schengen country.
- Proof of travel in terms of air tickets both inwards and outwards.
- Proof of stay in terms of hotel or airbnb bookings.
- Travel Insurance Policy which should have a minimum health insurance coverage for €30,000.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support yourself, that is the bank statement of last 6 months.
- A cover letter explaining your purpose to travel.
- School Id/College ID/ company registration/retirement proof.
- Proof of paid fees for the respective visa.
Germany Visa fee for Indian citizens
The Germany visa fee for Indian citizens is about INR 4282/- regardless of the type of visa. But a few people who are exempted from the fees include:
- Kids who are below 6 years old.
- Representatives participating in events of NGO’s, sports, conferences, and who are less than 25 years of age.
- Researchers from third countries traveling for scientific research.
- Students, graduates or undergraduates traveling for the study.
How to apply for Germany Tourist Visa?
The procedure to apply for the Germany tourist visa is simple, as follows:
- Download the visa application form and fill it carefully.
- Make an appointment at the visa application center or embassy.
- Pay the visa fees as mentioned.
- Attend the interview on the date scheduled.
- Submit all the required information and biometrics.
- Wait for the response of the representatives.
- Collect your passport and receive either approval/rejection of the visa.
Germany Tourist Visa processing time
The Germany Tourist visa takes about 15 days in processing. But in some cases, it might even extend up to 30 days.
Should I buy Travel Insurance for Germany?
As per the Schengen visa requirements, a travel insurance for Germany is mandatory for all Indian travelers. However, that shouldn’t really be your reason to get one! After all, no matter how much we plan- some things just happen. A travel insurance for Germany will be your saviour in such situations- to protect you against all unforeseen circumstances. These circumstances could be anything from something as small as a flight delay to bigger mishaps like medical emergencies or trip cancellations.
Following are some circumstances you could be faced with, and how a travel insurance could protect you from any losses due to the same:
- Cancellation of Trip: In situations when you cannot complete or begin the trip and have to make the necessary cancellation, your travel insurance will help by paying for the nonrefundable expenses of your trip.
- Missed Connecting Flight: Suppose you miss your connecting flight, your travel insurance could come in by filling in for the losses occurred due to the same.
- Injury or Sickness: In the case where you’re either under the weather, or have fallen into an accident during your trip; your travel insurance will compensate for all medical expenses of the same.
- Loss of Baggage or Delay in Baggage: In case your luggage never arrives, or comes in a little too late. While both time or your lost luggage can’t always be brought back- your travel insurance would still compensate you with an amount.
- Loss of Passport: In an unfortunate case where you lose your passport while traveling, your travel insurance will help you with securing a new one whilst covering for losses that come in because of the same.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: In an extremely unfortunate case of a medical emergency, if you or a family member needs to be evacuated from Germany, your travel insurance will take care of the same.
FAQs about Germany Tourist Visa from India
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions mentioned in your policy schedule and policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka