Canada Tourist Visa from India
In Canada, there are high mountain ranges, deserts, forested valleys, stunning lakes. Whether you wish to spend your time hiking through the rocks, learning about the maritime history or exploring the cities of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, Canada is a country where every traveller will find something to their liking. But to experience all this, you need a Tourist Visa! Read all about it and start planning.
Do Indians need a visa for Canada?
Yes, it is mandatory for Indians to have a visa for visiting Canada.
Is there a visa on arrival in Canada for Indian Citizens?
No, as per the current rules Indians do not have the facility of Visa on Arrival for Canada. Therefore, it is mandatory for Indians to have a valid visa before arriving in Canada.
Documents required for Canada Tourist Visa
Below is the list of documents required for Canada tourist visa:
- Original Passports with 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Canada + Old passports if any.
- Visa Application Forms.
- 3 Color photograph: 35mm x 45mm, White background, matt finish,80% face size.
- Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel, and details of the other members travelling with you.
- Hotel Bookings.
- Day to Day tour Itinerary.
- Air tickets
- Original Leave letter from Employer/School/College.
- Salary slips for last 6 months if employed.
- If Self Employed - Shop Act / MOA /Deed.
- Original personal bank statements for last 6 months updated with healthy and sufficient balance.
- Income Tax returns / Form 16 for last 3 years.
- If Student - School/College ID card copy.
- If Retired - Retirement proof/pension passbook or slips.
- Other financial documents like FD, NSC, PPF, Shares, Property papers etc.
Canada Tourist Visa Fees from India
Visitor visa (including super visa) - per person
Visitor visa – family (5 or more)
Extend your stay as a visitor – per person
Restore your status as a visitor
Should I buy Canada Travel insurance?
There are plenty of things that could go wrong while you are in a different country despite how well it has been planned. Canada Travel Insurance secures you against the risk of any unexpected medical expenses and other travel related emergencies when you are bound to feel especially vulnerable due to the fact that you are in an unknown land, far away from home. When unexpected illnesses or accidents occur while you are travelling overseas or you face other severe emergencies, having travel insurance gives you financial comfort, making the whole experience a lot less traumatic.
Travel insurance can give you safety in all such situations:
- It will secure your luggage from stealing and been lost.
- If you need any medical assistance it will not dig your pocket.
- You just need to claim it and just go for the assistance.
- Personal Accident if happened, it will take care of that also.
- Delayed Flights or Cancelled Flight due to any reason will be taken care of.
Check out the below-mentioned benefits we give you with Travel Insurance:
- Zero Deductible- You don’t pay at all from your pocket, we will take care of everything
- Cover that knows how you travel- Our coverage includes activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping & sky diving (provided the duration is one day)
- Smartphone-enabled claims process- It’s all smart with a smartphone-enabled claim process. No paperwork, no running around. Just upload your documents when you make a claim.
- Missed Call Facility- Give us a missed call at +91-124-6174721 and we’ll call you back in 10 minutes. No more international calling charges!
How to apply for Canada Tourist Visa from India?
Step 1 - Applying for a tourist visa online for Canada is easy and best, you get all these benefits:
- No courier fees or mail delivery time –you can submit your application instantly.
- Online applications are processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays.
- Incomplete applications are returned to you.
- Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If more documents are required, you can quickly submit them online.
- You don’t need to submit your passport until you are asked for it.
- You can get updates on the status of your application directly on your online account.
Step 2 - After you have applied for Visa online, the next step is to give your fingerprints and photo.
In most cases, you need to give biometrics. After you pay the biometrics fee and submit your application, you will receive a letter that says you need to give your biometrics. The letter will tell you how and where to give your biometrics. You will have about 30 days to give your biometrics (in person). You can only get the instruction letter if you pay the biometrics fee.
Step 3 - Once biometrics is done, your visa application will be processed. Your application will be checked and if your documents are incomplete, it will be returned without processing.
You may also be asked to go for an interview with the officials in your country to send more information, get a medical exam done.
Your passport and other original documents are returned to you after your application is processed. If your application is approved, the visa will be stamped inside your passport. If your application is refused, you will be sent an application.
Step 4 - A valid visitor visa and travel document don’t guarantee that you can enter Canada. When you arrive, your identity will be checked through fingerprints at a primary inspection kiosk to make sure that you’re the same person who was approved to travel to Canada.
Step 5 - If you pass the identity check and meet the entry requirements, the border services officer may stamp your passport or let you know how long you can stay in Canada. You’re normally allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months.
Canada Tourist Visa processing time
The processing time for a tourist visa for Canada is a maximum 15 days. The processing time may vary according to the location of the application centre, individual cases and documents submitted.
Visa and Travel Insurance are the two most important things you must have when travelling internationally. Visa to enter the country and Travel Insurance to stay there safely and stress free. Start planning and enjoy every bit of your time in Canada.