Vietnam Visa for Indians
Get Vietnam Travel Insurance for 7 days starting from ₹249 only
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
A Detailed Guide about Vietnam Visa for Indian Passport Holders
Vietnam attracts millions of travellers from around the globe every year. In 2018, the country received more than 15.5 million international tourists. (1)
With a rich cultural heritage, history and natural beauty, Vietnam’s diverse landscapes ensure an exciting vacation for tourists. If you are an Indian citizen planning to travel to Vietnam, make sure you read on.
Do Indians Need a Visa for Vietnam?
Yes, Indian travellers need the Vietnam visa to enter the country. However, the country offers visa on arrival provisions to Indian nationals.
Is there a Visa on Arrival/E-visa for Indians Visiting Vietnam?
Yes, there is a visa on arrival option available for Indian passport holders if they are planning to visit Vietnam. This Vietnam visa on arrival is valid for a period of 30 days from the date of arrival in the country.
For this visa, Indian passport holders first will have to apply for the e-visa online, obtain the approval letter and collect the visa on their arrival in Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa Fees for Indian Citizens
A fee is applicable for both e-Visa and visa on arrival applicants travelling to Vietnam. However, the fee varies depending on the process you choose for an application. Take a look at the table below:
Mode of Application
Apply for e-Visa and collect Visa on arrival at the airport (valid for 30 days) - Online Process
Pay ₹1200 ($17) for e-Visa and get visa letter + ₹1800 ($25) Stamping fee payable at the airport.
Apply for Visa at the Embassy (valid for 30 days) (through VFS global) - Offline Process
₹4400 for single entry tourist visa
Disclaimer: The figures mentioned here have been converted from USD to INR and subject to change, as per the foreign exchange rate. Also, there are multiple Government approved agents present, so the e-Visa fee to get the visa letter varies as per the selected agent.
Also note that Indian citizens can apply for other visa variants (for longer stay-duration). Please check the requirements for the same and their adjacent fees before applying.
Documents Required for Vietnam Tourist Visa Application for Indians
To apply for a Vietnam visa, you need to furnish the following documents.
- Indian Passport, with a validity of minimum six more months from the date of travel to Vietnam. You will need at least two blank pages on your passport for the visa stamp.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
If you are looking to avail visa on arrival, you need to provide the following additional documents as well.
- Duly filled-up application form for the visa on arrival. It is also known as an M3 form.
- Proper approval letter that lets you acquire the visa upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport.
- For visa on arrival, you must also pay the stamping fee applicable in cash. Keep in mind that this payment needs to be made in the official Vietnamese currency, the Vietnamese Dong.
Now that you know the Vietnam visa requirements for Indian citizens take a look at the detailed procedure for application.
How to Apply for Vietnam Visa from India?
Steps to Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa
Here is the step-by-step procedure to complete the e-Visa application process online.
- Step 1: Open the official e-Visa application website for Vietnam and select apply.
- Step 2: Scan your passport photo and info page. Upload these in jpg format on the website.
- Step 3: Fill up the necessary personal data and information regarding your trip in the application form.
- Step 4: Clear the e-Visa fee online through any one of the supported digital modes of payment.
- Step 5: After successfully submitting the form, you will receive a unique registration code.
Wait for three working days after completing the online Vietnam visa application process and you will be issued the approval letter for your visa. Next,
- Step 6: Visit the official website for Vietnam’s e-visa to check for your approval letter. Enter your registration code, date of birth and email ID to access it.
Save the letter as a PDF file and take print outs of the same during your travels. On your arrival to Vietnam, you will have to present this approval letter and collect your visa from the authorised place.
Steps to Apply for Vietnam Visa at the Vietnamese Embassy
Individuals who prefer the offline mode of acquiring a visa can do so through VFS Global (one of the outsourcing services company that directly serves the Government of India among others).
Indian citizens can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for their Vietnam visa via VFS Global:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest VFS Global Vietnam Visa Application Centre with the visa application form and your passport.
- Step 2: Approach the security guard there and collect your token from him and wait for your turn at the Visa Application Centre.
- Step 3: Proceed to the designated counter for document submission once your token number is announced.
- Step 4: Address your visa application to the VFS officer with the required documents include passport-sized photographs, cover letter elaborating the reason for your visit; photocopies of confirmed return tickets and hotel reservations. Additionally, make sure you provide the last three months’ bank statements. Ensure that you have filled your visa form properly before you submit the application to the appointed VFS officer.
- Step 5: Pay the visa fee and service charge next. Remember that the service charge has to be paid in cash.
- Step 6: Once the visa is approved, you can opt to receive it through courier with a payment of ₹215.
You can apply for the visa with any of VFS Global’s branches located at Chennai, Hyderabad or Bengaluru.
Vietnam Embassy in India
The Vietnam embassy in India is located in New Delhi. Following are the contact details for it -
- Address - 20, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapury, New Delhi - 110021
- Contact number - 2687.9852 (+ Ext); 2687.9852 (+20) (Consulate)
- Website - https://vnembassy-newdelhi.mofa.gov.vn
Got your visa? Now, you are all set to travel! Or are you?
What about an insurance policy to cover your Vietnam vacation?
Should I Buy Travel Insurance for Vietnam?
International Travel insurance is not mandatory for Vietnam. However, availing a travel insurance is essential, no matter your destination. Here is why insuring your trip to Vietnam is essential:
- Instances of pickpocketing and theft are common in the major cities of Vietnam. If you end up losing your passport, Digit travel insurance will cover your expenses of replacing it.
- With Digit’s travel insurance, the emergency accidental hospitalisation expenses you incur will be entirely covered. Further, it will also cover the hospitalisation charges you incur due to any accident in due course of participating in any adventure sport (only for one day activities) while in Vietnam.
- You can further avail benefits like flight delay cover, baggage delay cover, trip cancellation cover, emergency cash benefits, personal accident cover, etc. with your travel insurance policy.
But, Why Choose Digit?
- Avail Comprehensive Coverage Starting from Rs. 211 - A single adult person can avail a sum insured of $50,000 under their Digit travel insurance for Vietnam at the nominal price of Rs 211 (excl. 18%) for a 7 days trip!
- Claims Made Paperless and Easy! - Digit offers paperless claim settlement which you can avail by placing a missed call.
- Efficient Claim Process for Flight Delays - Flight delayed? No worries, Digit has you covered! If your flight is delayed by more than 6 hours, you will get the compensation amount.
- Deductible-Free Insurance - We, at Digit, do not levy any deductibles under our insurance policy. So should a situation arise where you need the insurance benefits, you can avail them without having to pay anything out of your pockets!
Disclaimer - The information above has been collected by consulting various internet sources. Please make sure you visit the official government website of Vietnam and verify the information before making any reservations or applying.
FAQs about Vietnam Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka