Buy Travel Insurance for Netherlands from India Online
What’s great about International Travel Insurance for Netherlands by Digit?
Netherlands Travel Insurance Plans that fit your needs
Emergency Accidental Treatment & Evacuation
Emergency Medical Treatment & Evacuation
Daily Cash Allowance (Per day/Max 5 days)
Accidental Death & Disability
Emergency Dental Treatment
Smooth transit covers
Common Carrier Delay
Delay of Checked-in Baggage
Total loss of Checked-in Baggage
Loss of Passport
Emergency Trip Extension
Personal Liability & Bail Bond
Coverage option suggested above is only indicative and is based on market study and experience. You may opt for any additional coverages as per your requirement. Please call us at 1800-258-5956 in case you want to opt for any other coverages or wish to know further details.
Due to the recent outbreak of Corona Virus Disease (COVID -19), we are temporarily suspending Trip Cancellation cover.
List of countries for which travel insurance is completely blocked - China, Hongkong, Taiwan, Singapore, Italy, Thailand, Japan.
With us, get access to VIP claims
After you buy our international travel insurance for Netherlands, you live tension free as we have a 3-step, completely digital claims process!
Give us a call at 1800-258-5956 (if in India) or drop a missed call at +91-7303470000 & we’ll call back in 10 mins.
Upload the required documents & your bank account details, on the link sent.
We’ll take care of the rest!
Why Choose Digit for your Netherlands Travel Insurance from India?
Though there are many insurance companies which offer travel insurance for the Netherlands from India, it is important you understand what makes the offers from Digit unique. The features offered by us are discussed below in detail:
- Medical Emergencies can Come Up at Any Point of Time - Though roads are not specifically risky in the Netherlands and there is limited scope for adventure sports in the country, medical necessities can still come up. Be it a twisted ankle while on a trek or a motor accident injury, the risk of physical injury can be easily dealt with our Netherlands travel insurance policy which covers hospitalisation costs.
- You can be Easily Protected from Liability Charges - In case you are in an accident where your driving has led to it, liability charges due to injury or damage to third parties can cost a lot. The travel insurance policies offered by Digit takes care of these liability costs, making it stress-free for you.
- Delay in Transit can Hamper Travel Plans - Delay of luggage during transit is not just a nagging problem; it can potentially be quite troublesome with some of your belongings packed away. Under such circumstances, we offer financial assistance to buy the necessary requirements.
- Loss of Baggage can be Costly - Loss or theft of baggage can be a major blow in terms of financial loss. The best travel insurance plans for the Netherlands financially protects the loss of luggage in transit, in turn ensuring you do not have to worry about financial issues during your vacation.
- The Premium Amounts are Quite Low at Digit - We offer our insurance policies beginning at a premium of Rs. 177 (excl. 18% GST) per day for one adult, with a sum insured of $50,000. This makes our policies one of the cheapest options, while the features offered to cover all types of risks which can be associated with travels.
- Convenient Customer Support - The customer support offered by us at Digit is available not just at any time of the day, but also on weekends. Furthermore, we are also available on national holidays.
With such benefits and more, the Netherlands travel insurance policy from Digit is one of the best options to cover you during your travels to this country.
Know more about Netherlands before your Trip
One of the major maritime powers which entered modern age, Netherlands boasts of the busiest seaport at Port of Rotterdam. Its capital city of Amsterdam is filled with numerous canals, cafes, coffee houses, museums, etc.
The city offers an experience of colourful life, while the countryside is the epitome of simplicity. Government buildings like the Supreme Court, States-General and Cabinet, etc. are architectural wonders to behold. Visiting the Netherlands should be planned from ahead to avoid missing out on the numerous interesting sights which are strewn across the country.
Best Time to Visit the Netherlands
The Netherlands boasts of a maritime climate which makes for pleasant weather conditions all year round. While winters can be chilly, they are often damp too since it often rains during the season. Otherwise, the country is neither too warm nor too cold.
- Mid-April to Mid-April - Summer is the best season to visit the Netherlands which stretches between these months.
- Mid-April to Mid-May – If you are visiting the Netherlands to behold the wonder that is its tulip gardens, these are the months during which they are in full bloom.
It is important to keep in mind that July and August are peak tourist seasons for visiting the Netherlands, and it might be a good option to avoid this time.
Top Places to Visit in the Netherlands
You should not miss the following places while visiting the Netherlands. While there are many other places which should not be missed either, the following offers the most interesting locations:
- Amsterdam - Famous for the party life it offers, Amsterdam is full of canals which should not be missed during the travels through this country. While Rijksmuseum and Anne Frank museum is just two of the many museums which are treats for history enthusiasts, Van Gogh museum is a must-visit place for budding artists and art lovers.
- Leiden - A picturesque city, this town is known for its tree-lined canals, calm setting, old windmills, wooden bridges and lush parks. While boat rides and museums are obvious activities for the city, you should also visit Hortus Botanicus. This botanical garden also houses the oldest academic observatory in the world.
- The Hague - Famously known as the Royal City by the Sea, there are numerous palaces and museums to visit in this city. You should visit Madurodam, which is a miniature city in the Scheveningen. The Gevangenpoort (Prison Gate Museum) is another place which should not be missed.
- Keukenhof, Lisse - The Netherlands is famous for its tulip cultivation which primarily occurs in the springtime. Keukenhof in Lisse boasts of being the “Bulb Belt” of the country while the place is also often called “Garden of Europe”.
- Utrecht - While the city is famous for its university, which is also the largest in the Netherlands, there are many historical sites too. While the city is strewn with medieval artefacts, you should definitely visit Kasteel de Haar, which is the largest fortification in the country.
Netherlands Visa Requirements for Indians
- Visa Type – Schengen Visa for Indian passport holders
- Duration – Up to 90 days from the date of arrival
- Cost of Visa - €80 (Approx. Rs. 6,300) per person
Safety measures for Tourists Travelling to the Netherlands
While buying the best travel insurance for the Netherlands from India is a vital step to secure your trip to Holland, there are other things which should also be kept in mind. These crucial factors are discussed below in detail.
- Book in Advance to Avoid Hassle - Especially during the peak seasons, Holland can be very crowded. As a result, it is advisable to complete all the bookings from ahead to avoid any chance of having to go through the hassle of finding a place to stay in the peak tourist season.
- Rains can Trickle Down at any Time - It is imperative that you carry your umbrella and raincoat while going to Holland. While the weather is generally pleasant and summers are mostly clear, the country is known for sudden rainfalls.
- Cycles are Convenient, but they Must be Secured - While cycles are the most convenient option to travel within the city, it is important you secure the cycle when leaving it before a café or a store which you visit. Cities like Amsterdam and Rotterdam have a certain reputation of cycles being stolen.
- Not every Plastic Money Works in the Netherlands - Carrying cash money is advisable in Holland. While the country does use a fair share of plastic money, Maestro cards are not used.
Indian Embassy in the Netherlands
Located in Hague, it is advisable for Indians to know the contact details of the Embassy of India.
- Address: Buitenrustweg 2, 2517 KD The Hague.
- Phone number: 070-3469771
- Extensions: 208/211/213
- Emergency contact: +31 643743800