All about Italy Tourist Visa from India
From the romantic canals of Venice, to the diverse landscapes and Renaissance art and architecture of Tuscany. Italy is home to some of the world’s most gorgeous architecture, food and art. Part of the Schengen area, you can travel to Italy with the common Schengen visa. Add a destination or two more and you’ll be set for a long European holiday under one single visa. How do you about it, you ask? We’ll guide you right through.
Do Indians need visa for Italy?
Yes, all Indian passport holders do need a visa to travel to Italy. The visa is issued for a period of 6 months and allows the visitors to stay within the Schengen area for a period up to 90 days.
Is there a visa on arrival in Italy for Indian citizens?
Like all European countries, there is no visa on arrival in Italy for Indians.
Documents required for Italy Tourist visa
You’ll need the following documents to apply for your Italy Schengen tourist visa:
- Application form duly filled.
- Two identical photos taken within the last 3 months. Dimensions of the photograph be 35X45mm. The photo should be simple and colored. It should display 70-80% of the face.
- A valid passport not older than 10 years. It should be valid for at least 3 months from your date of departure from Italy or any other Schengen region.
- Copy of previous visa (if applicable)
- Proof of travel in terms of air tickets both inwards and outwards.
- Proof of stay in terms of hotel or Airbnb bookings.
- Travel Insurance Policy which should have a minimum health insurance/medical emergency coverage for €30,000.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support yourself, i.e bank statement of last 6 months.
- A cover letter explaining the purpose of your travel.
- School Id/College ID/ company registration/retirement proof.
Apart from this, you’ll be required to submit an invitation letter with the address and contact details of your family/friend residing in Italy (if applicable).
Italy Visa fee from India
Tourist Visa Fee (INR)
Visa Fee Category C-Short Term
Applicants between 6-12 years of age
Applicants below 6 years of age
How to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India?
Following are some steps to keep in mind when you apply for your Italy Schengen visa:
- Download the visa application form for Italy.
- Fill it and see what all documents are required along with the form.
- Arrange for all the documents.
- Schedule an appointment and visit the embassy accordingly.
- Visit the Visa Application Center.
- Submit all the documents after the interview.
- Collect your passport, or get it delivered.
Italy Tourist visa processing time
Should I buy Italy Travel Insurance?
A travel insurance is almost necessary while travelling to any Schengen country as the visa requires you to have a health insurance or medical coverage of at least €30,000. In case you don’t already have a health insurance policy that will cover for you beyond India, a travel insurance will give you adequate coverage. Additionally, it will also benefit you in many other cases such as: