Italy Visa for Indian Citizens
Get Travel Insurance for your Italy starting from ₹206
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
All about Italy Tourist Visa from India
From the romantic canals of Venice, to the diverse landscapes and Renaissance art and architecture of Tuscany. Italy is home to some of the world’s most gorgeous architecture, food and art. Part of the Schengen area, you can travel to Italy with the common Schengen visa. Add a destination or two more and you’ll be set for a long European holiday under one single visa. How do you about it, you ask? We’ll guide you right through.
Do Indians need visa for Italy?
Yes, all Indian passport holders do need a visa to travel to Italy. The visa is issued for a period of 6 months and allows the visitors to stay within the Schengen area for a period up to 90 days.
Is there a visa on arrival in Italy for Indian citizens?
Like all European countries, there is no visa on arrival in Italy for Indians.
Documents required for Italy Tourist visa
You’ll need the following documents to apply for your Italy Schengen tourist visa:
- Application form duly filled.
- Two identical photos taken within the last 3 months. Dimensions of the photograph be 35X45mm. The photo should be simple and colored. It should display 70-80% of the face.
- A valid passport not older than 10 years. It should be valid for at least 3 months from your date of departure from Italy or any other Schengen region.
- Copy of previous visa (if applicable)
- Proof of travel in terms of air tickets both inwards and outwards.
- Proof of stay in terms of hotel or Airbnb bookings.
- Travel Insurance Policy which should have a minimum health insurance/medical emergency coverage for €30,000.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support yourself, i.e bank statement of last 6 months.
- A cover letter explaining the purpose of your travel.
- School Id/College ID/ company registration/retirement proof.
Apart from this, you’ll be required to submit an invitation letter with the address and contact details of your family/friend residing in Italy (if applicable).
Italy Visa fee from India
Tourist Visa Fee (INR)
Visa Fee Category C-Short Term
Applicants between 6-12 years of age
Applicants below 6 years of age
How to apply for Italy Tourist Visa from India?
Following are some steps to keep in mind when you apply for your Italy Schengen visa:
- Download the visa application form for Italy.
- Fill it and see what all documents are required along with the form.
- Arrange for all the documents.
- Schedule an appointment and visit the embassy accordingly.
- Visit the Visa Application Center.
- Submit all the documents after the interview.
- Collect your passport, or get it delivered.
Italy Tourist visa processing time
Should I buy Italy Travel Insurance?
A travel insurance is almost necessary while travelling to any Schengen country as the visa requires you to have a health insurance or medical coverage of at least €30,000. In case you don’t already have a health insurance policy that will cover for you beyond India, a travel insurance will give you adequate coverage. Additionally, it will also benefit you in many other cases such as:
- Accidental and Sickness Medical Expenses: Coverage for all medical expenses big and small while you tour around the many cities of Italy. This also includes major and minor injuries faced while participating in adventure sports-related activities.
- Baggage Delay/Losses: We’re all optimistic this won’t happen to us but it happens to the best of us! In case of delay or loss of your checked-in luggage, your travel insurance for Italy will compensate and cover for you!
- Trip Delay/Cancellation: In case of a last-minute change of plans, trip cancellation or trip abandonment due to an emergency; your travel insurance will conveniently cover for all your non-refundable expenses such as flight and hotel bookings.
- Loss of Passport: This one thing can break or make your dream vacation! In case of an unfortunate loss of passport, while you’re on vacation, your travel insurance will be there for you and ensure you don’t face any issues and also help you in the process of getting a new one!
- Emergency Evacuation: In an extremely unfortunate situation where you or a family member needs to be evacuated from Italy immediately, your travel insurance policy will be your saviour!
Know more about:
FAQs about Italy Visa for Indian Passport Holders
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka