Here are some benefits that students can enjoy under this scheme -
- Free and compulsory elementary education ensures quality basic education to a broad spectrum of society.
- Timely supply of textbooks and school uniforms.
- Computer education to bridge the digital gap.
- Equal education and facilities to children from SC or ST, Muslim minority, and landless agricultural labourers.
In addition, teachers can also fetch some benefits under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, such as -
- Mentoring and vocational courses for improving teaching skills.
- Appraisal system to support the teachers.
Lastly, there are some beneficial factors for the educational institutions, including -
- Improved infrastructure with additional classrooms, upscaled and hygienic toilets and drinking water supply.
- Grants for maintenance cost of the school.
The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan program uplifts the educational status of students from all classes and improves the infrastructure of rural and distressed schools in India. This program has been helping students avail quality education without cost. Therefore, our government had successfully achieved the goal of a drastic increase in students enrolment in elementary.