Basava Vasati Yojana Scheme in Karnataka
Karnataka Government's Basava Vasati Yojana is one of the six affordable housing schemes implemented in the state.
In cooperation with Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited, this scheme offers pucca houses to economically and socially backward people.
However, individuals need to fulfil eligibility and documentation to avail the benefits offered by this scheme. Keep scrolling to learn about Vasati Yojana in detail.
What Is Basava Vasati Yojana Scheme in Karnataka?
The Basava Vasati Yojana Scheme was launched in 2021 to help homeless people in Karnataka. This scheme, popularly known as RGRHCL, provided poor and backward individuals with an opportunity to shift to better living conditions.
The State Government of Karnataka actively implements and executes this affordable housing scheme in rural and urban areas under the Department of Housing, Karnataka. Under the Basava Vasati Yojana, the applicants can receive up to 85% of the raw material for home construction.
However, they have to fulfil the application procedure and eligibility terms to gain benefits.
Objectives of Basava Vasati Yojana in Karnataka
Basava Vasati Yojana is the Karnataka government's programme to provide affordable housing solutions to economically weaker sections.
Its main objectives are as follows -
- It aims to help underprivileged people financially. They can construct their residence on their land.
- The State Government offers construction material for the pucca house construction.
- It aims to improve the living conditions of economically backwards individuals.
However, these benefits can be availed by people belonging to the class division.
Beneficiaries of Basava Vasati Yojana Scheme
Individuals who can be beneficiaries of Basava Vasati Yojana are -
- Individuals belonging to the poverty line category or below
- Schedule tribe
- Schedule caste
Individuals belonging to the mentioned classes have to fulfil the eligibility parameters to make an application.
Eligibility Criteria for Basava Vasati Yojana Scheme
The Karnataka Government has mandated specific eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by potential applicants.
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of Karnataka
- Individuals income range should not exceed ₹32,000 per annum
- An individual can't be an owner of a pucca house in the state or country
- The applicant must have a land or kutcha house for construction.
Additionally, applicants have to submit certain documents for validation against the Basava Vasati Karnataka scheme.
Documents Required to Apply For a Basava Vasati Yojana
Potential applicants need to submit the following documents to apply for the housing scheme without hassle.
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Income proof
- Passport-size photo
Now let's learn about the benefits that the Vasati Yojana Karnataka scheme offers to beneficiaries.
Benefits of Basava Vasati Yojana in Karnataka
The benefits individual can avail through this scheme are -
- People belonging below the poverty line can gain a permanent residence
- Homeless individuals can gain a house under this scheme by fulfilling basic eligibility
- Beneficiaries can gain funds quickly due to effective management of resources by the Government
- This scheme ensures maximum individuals can gain benefits.
Applicants have to make an online application on the official website to avail the discussed benefits.
How to Apply For Basava Vasati Yojana in Karnataka?
The steps to make an application for Vasati Yojana Karnataka are-
Step 1: Individuals have to visit the official Ashraya for Karnataka's Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited or RGRHCL portal.
Step 2: Select the registration link on the home page and redirect.
Step 3: Fill in the requisite details such as applicant's name, birth date, contact details, district and village name, gender, address, Aadhaar card number, etc.
Step 4: Upload all necessary documents to complete this process.
Individuals should know that Gram Panchayat authority finalises the beneficiary list. The Block Development Officer also conducts a lottery to select beneficiaries.
Hence, individuals can also check the list offline by visiting local block development office. The steps to assess the same online are discussed below.
How to Check Basava Vasati Yojana status?
Applicants can follow mentioned steps to access Basava Vasati Yojana status -
- Individuals need to visit the RGRHCL portal and click on “Beneficiary Information”.
- Enter acknowledgement number and district on the redirected page to check the status.
That was everything about Basava Vasati Yojana. Individuals planning to apply for the scheme should keep a tab on the official website for updates.
This will help them streamline applications for Basava Vasati Yojana 2022 lottery.