Tamil Nadu Housing Board (TNHB) Scheme
Are you looking for affordable housing options in Tamil Nadu?
Apply for Tamil Nadu Housing Board (TNHB) New Flat Scheme 2017 and get low-cost houses in urban areas.
Wondering what this scheme is all about and how it works? Stay tuned!
What Is Tamil Nadu Housing Board Scheme?
The Tamil Nadu Housing Board, erstwhile Chennai Improvement, is a governing body that aims to provide affordable housing options in urban areas in Tamil Nadu. The Urban Development Department administers the functions of this department.
This governing body caters to the housing needs of economically weaker sections (EWS) and lower-income groups (LIG). TNHB, under Tamil Nadu Housing Board scheme, offers cost-effective residential and commercial places for individuals falling under various income groups.
One of the beneficial features of this scheme is it offers various amenities like commercial complexes and schools within reach. The price of properties is set according to the localities applicants are eligible for. Certain localities and houses offered under the TNHB scheme are reserved for government servants and defense personnel.
Under the Tamil Nadu Housing Board, under the Tamil Nadu Government Home Loan Scheme, offers LIG and MIG flats for sale at various urban locations across Tamil Nadu.
Here, TNHB offers two housing schemes under TNHB New Flat Scheme 2017. These are -
- TNHB New Housing Scheme 2017 for LIG Flats
- TNHB New Housing Scheme 2017 for HIG Flats
Let’s learn about these in detail!
What Is TNHB New Housing Scheme 2017 for LIG Flats?
Under this scheme, a total of 336 flats are offered to the individuals belonging to LIG. Each flat has a plinth area between 58.64 to 59.46 sq. mt. The locations chosen for the TNHB New Housing Scheme 2017 for LIG Flats are Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Phase-1, and Phase-2. The approximate prices of these houses are ₹25,41,000. Here, applicants have to deposit ₹1,21,000.
What Is TNHB New Housing Scheme 2017 for HIG Flats?
Under this scheme, a total of 20 flats are offered to the people falling under HIG. Each flat has a plinth area between 1151 and 1640 sq. mt. The location selected for the TNHB New Housing Scheme 2017 for HIG Flats is Mogappair Eri Scheme, Chennai. The tentative cost of flats offered under this scheme is ₹1,08,12,400. Here, applicants need to pay ₹1,54,13,200 as the initial deposit amount.
Now that you know about the TNHB scheme in detail let’s learn about the eligibility parameters to avoid rejection.
Eligibility Criterias for the Tamil Nadu Housing Board Scheme
To avail affordable houses under the Tamil Nadu Housing Board scheme, individuals have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. These are -
- Applicants must be a resident of Tamil Nadu.
- The age of the applicants must have a minimum age of 21 years.
- Applicants must not have their own land or house under any other Government scheme.
Apart from these generic eligibility criteria, individuals must fulfil the following income criteria to avail low-cost housing options under the Tamil Nadu Housing scheme.
- Individuals falling under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) must have monthly income up to ₹12,000.
- Those falling under the Low Income Group (LIG) must have a monthly income between ₹12,001 to ₹18,000.
- Applicants falling under the Middle Income Group (MIG) must have a monthly income between ₹18,001 to ₹37,000.
- Those falling under the Higher Income Group (HIG) must have a monthly income between ₹37,001 to ₹62,000.
- Individuals falling under the Super HIG must have a monthly income above ₹62,001.
Wondering how to apply for the Tamil Nadu Housing Board scheme? Read along!
How to Apply for Tamil Nadu Housing Board Scheme?
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply the TNHB scheme -
Step-1- Visit the respective city division of the Tamil Nadu Housing Board and purchase the application form for LIG and HIG.
Step-2- Fill in the form with essential details.
Step-3- Submit the form along with the initial deposit amount at the same city division office of the TNHB.
Documents Required to Apply for Tamil Nadu Housing Board Scheme
Here is a list of important documents to get affordable housing options under the Tamil Nadu Housing Board scheme.
- Identity proof
- Income proof
- Residential address proof
- Housing details (size of existing house, number of rooms, size of these rooms)
- Bank details
- Family income details (number of family members and their age proof)
As individuals have learned about the various eligibility parameters and essential documents, they can apply for the Tamil Nadu Housing Board scheme.
What Are the Ongoing Tamil Nadu Housing Board Schemes?
Below are discussed some of the ongoing Tamil Nadu Housing Board Scheme.
- Apartments in KK Nagar Division- Applications for sale under the Tamil Nadu Housing Board Scheme, KK Nagar Division of 120 MIG flats at Dr. Ramasamy Salai and 120 MIG flats at Jafferkhanpet schemes, 90 HIG flats at AP Pathrow Salai are available. Individuals can avail this scheme on a first-come-first-served basis under the self-finance scheme. The applications will start from 8th July 2021.
- Affordable Housing Scheme at Ambattur- For individuals falling under LIG, around 2394 flats are being prepared in the Ambattur region in the Thiruvallur district. These flats will be allocated near Ambattur railway station and bus stand in 19 storeyed building.
- Thoppur Uchappatti Satellite Township, Madurai- This integrated township will be established in southwest Madurai with underground water and supply system for the entire township. Sewage disposal arrangements will be developed for a nearby treatment plant. The construction of paved and tree-lined roads is also included in the plan to divert rainwater. The streets will be adorned with solar-powered street lights with the latest features and designs.
- MIG at Singhanallur- Applications for the construction of 32 MIG flats at Singhanallur (Saroja Mill) at Coimbatore district are declared. Applicants on the basis of a self-finance scheme can apply for this. They can collect application forms from July 7the, 2021, onwards.
For any application-related issues or quarries, individuals can contact their respective city division. Below is the contact address of TNHB.
List of Contact Addresses of Tamil Nadu Housing Board
- Head Office
Address- 493, Anna Salai, Nandanam, Chennai-600035
Contact No- 04424354049
- Chennai Circle SE Office
Address-493, Anna Salai, Nandanam, Chennai-600035
- Vellore Housing Unit
Address- Sathuvachari Vellore-632 009
Contact No-44162252561; 4162254233
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nandanam Division
Address- 331, Anna Salai, Nandanam PO, Chennai 600035
Email ID- email@example.com
- KK Nagar Division
Address- Near Ashok Pillar, Chennai-600083.
Contact No- 04424892658; 04423713177
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Project Division – I
Contact No- 04423715560
Email ID- email@example.com
- Special Project Division – II
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Nagar Division
Address-Thirumangalam Shopping Complex, Chennai-600101
Email ID- email@example.com
- JJ Nagar Division
Address- Thirumangalam Shopping Complex , Chennai-600101
Contact No-04426154577; 04426154844
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Besant Nagar Division
Address- 48, Dr Muthulakshmi Nagar, Adayar Chennai-600020
Contact No- 04424913561; 04424467830
Email ID- email@example.com
- Villupuram Housing Unit
Address- East Pondy Road, Maharajapuram Villupuram-605602
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foreshore Estate Division
Email ID- email@example.com
- Hosur Housing Unit
Address- Bagalur Road, Hosur-635109
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coimbatore Housing Unit
Address- New Housing Colony, TATABAD, Coimbatore-641012
Contact No-04222493359; 04222493369
Email ID- email@example.com
- Special Project Division – III Coimbatore
Address- Kowly Brown Road, RS Puram, Coimbatore
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erode Housing Unit
Address- Surapatti Nall Road, EPN Salai, Erode-638009
Email ID- email@example.com
- Salem Housing Unit
Address- Ayyan Thirumaligai Road, Salem-6366008
Contact No- 04272401764; 04272401345
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thirumalisai Satellite Town Division
Address- Pothamalli, Chennai
Email ID- email@example.com
- ONGC Division
- CIT Nagar Re-Development Division
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAF Games Village Division
Email ID- email@example.com
- Wood Working Unit Division
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Madurai Housing Unit
Address- Ellis Nagar, Madurai-625016
Contact No- 04522600835; 04522300800
Email ID- email@example.com
- Thoppur – Uchapatty Satellite Town Division
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trichy Housing Unit
Kajamalai Colony, Trichy-620020
Contact No-04312457653; 04312420614
Email ID- email@example.com
- Thanjavur Housing Unit
Address- New Colony, Thanjavur-613005
Contact No- 04362227066
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tirunelveli Housing Unit
Address- Kamarajar Salai, Anbu Nagar, Tirunelveli-627011
Email ID- email@example.com
- Ramanathapuram Housing Unit
Address- KTM Kasim Center, Ramnad-623501
Contact No-04567220611; 04567220651
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org