How to Add Spouse Name in Passport?
With the introduction of an online form submission facility, the process of applying for or re-issuing a passport has become extremely easy.
Here is a detailed discourse of how to add spouse name in passport.
Note that you need to keep relevant documents with you to apply for the same.
Procedure to Add or Change Spouse Name in Passport
To add a spouse name in passport or change their name, you have to apply for a Re-issue of your passport.
You may execute this process in two ways -
- Online form submission
- e-Form submission.
Procedure for Online Form Submission
Here is a stepwise demonstration of online form submission procedure for adding spouse name in passport after marriage -
1. Visit Passport Seva’s online portal and register yourself.
2. Now, log in using your login ID and password and click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue” of passport for spouse name addition.
3. Provide all relevant details and hit “Submit”.
4. Next, click on “Pay & Schedule Appointment” to book an appointment.
5. Choose your suitable payment mode from SBI challan, internet banking, and debit/credit card options on payment page and pay the necessary fees. Prior online charge payment is mandatory for appointments at PO/POPSK/PSK.
6. Click on “Print Application Receipt”. This receipt comprises following details:
- Appointment number
- Application reference number
Procedure for Offline Form Submission
Following is a step-by-step e-Form submission process for individuals wondering how to add spouse name in passport -
1. Download the e-Form in XML format from Passport Seva Kendra’s website and fill it in with necessary details.
2. Now, log in to the portal and upload this XML file.
3. Complete payment on the payment page, as discussed for the online process. Also, download your payment receipt in the manner mentioned above.
You will receive an SMS with appointment details after your online or offline submission. For the final process, you have to visit your regional passport office with a set of original documents.
Therefore, individuals wondering how to add their husbands’ name in passport can keep in mind the above pointers.
The same steps will apply if you are wondering how to add your wife’s name to your passport.
What Are the Documents Required To Add Spouse Name in Passport?
Followings are documents required to add spouse name in passport -
- Your original passport.
- Copies of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Observation page.
- ECR or Non-ECR page.
- For a short validity passport, you also have to submit the validity page.
Same documents required for change of spouse name in passport and the procedure for applying is also same.
Fees to Add Spouse Name in Passport:
As per adult applicable category
Indian Community Welfare Fund
CKGS Service Fee
₹ 1470 per application
Courier Service & text message
Tatkal service is available for the procedure to add spouse name in Indian passport. It takes additional charges.
It is mandatory to pay separate fees for each applicant. Individuals must not make payments in cash or cheque. Additional convenience charges are applicable for payment by credit card.
How Long Does It Take To Update Spouse Name in Passport?
A maximum of three working days is necessary to get the renewed passport. However, the processing time taken to add a spouse name to a passport is a maximum of 2 hours.
Therefore, as you can observe, the procedure to change spouse name in passport is very precise. There are many third-party websites and organisations to help you complete this process.
However, it is advisable to visit the direct Government portal when wondering how to add spouse name in passport. You need to provide all details mentioned in the application or re-issue form and make payment for seamless execution.