Keep the following pointers in mind while paying passport application fees in India -
- If you have paid the passport fee for an appointment and do not book the appointment slot, you will not get a refund.
- The Regional Passport Office will refund the excess amount in case of additional payments of similar passport fees.
- Select “Print Application Receipt” to generate the application reference number and receipt if you pay passport application fees online.
- You must bring the following documents when you visit the Passport Seva Kendra:
1. ARN or Application Reference Number
2. A printout of a receipt or the SMS that you have received
3. Application form along with the supporting documents such as Aadhaar and PAN cards
- There are no additional charges if you pay passport fees through a bank challan.
- This fee is valid for 1 year from the appointment or payment date.
Passports are an essential travel document and identity proof for citizens. If you want to apply for a new or renew your existing one, you must pay specified passport fees. Remember to stay updated with any new fee structure for a passport. Additionally, keep the essential pointers in mind before you pay fees online or offline.