First and foremost, you need to create a passport account on Passport Seva’s official website. For this, you should follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Passport Seva and select "New User Registration".
- Select "Passport Office" and choose the passport office on the basis of your residential address.
- Enter details like your name and email ID to create a password and login ID. Submit the captcha and click "Register."
- You will then get an account activation link on your email. Click on it to activate your account.
Once you have registered to the portal, you can apply for a new passport or renew your existing one.
Now you are ready for the online passport renewal procedure!
So, you can follow these steps to renew passport:
- Visit the official website of Passport Seva.
- Select the option ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport.’ The page redirects to the online application form. Complete the form with relevant details, such as your name, date and place of birth, etc.
- Once you fill in the form, click on ‘Validate’.
- After verifying all the details, upload this form and submit it.
Besides, you can also download an e-Form, fill it, and upload it on the website. However, you cannot submit the printed e-Form to a PSK or Regional Post Office.
That was all about how to renew the passport. Now, let's know how to schedule an appointment to get your renewed passport.