RTO Navi Mumbai
Get a Motor Insurance quote for your Car/Bike.
- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
RTO Offices in Navi Mumbai
Navi Mumbai has grown exponentially in the past two decades owing to the emergence of industries, as also educational hubs and planned residential areas. Spread across the two districts of Raigad and Thane, Navi Mumbai has wide roads and a correspondingly growing vehicular population. Regulation of these vehicles is an important function carried out by RTO Navi Mumbai.
Official Website of RTO Navi Mumbai: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in
Functions of RTO Offices in Navi Mumbai
- Issuance of driving licences
- Registration of motor vehicles
- Renewal of registration certificate
- Updating address in RC
- Transfer of RC
- Renewal of registration card
- Collection of Road Tax
- Issue No Objection Certificate (NOC) for transfer
- Issue new and duplicate registration Certificate
- Issuance of fitness certificate to new vehicles (15 year period)
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Navi Mumbai
Two wheeler with an engine capacity of up-to 50cc: Applicant must be 16 or above years of age and should have consent of his guardian or parents along with the required documents. Though there have been proposals in the past to allow riding of certain gearless vehicles for candidates of 16 years of age, it wasn’t legally formalized.
Here is the list:
- Personal two-wheeler without gear: This licence is known as MCWOG class(Motor Cycle Without Gear). This is used to ride two wheelers of any engine capacity without gears like scooters.
- Personal two-wheeler with gear: This falls under MCWG class (Motor Cycle With Gear). This is a legal permit to ride bikes, scooters with gears and also the ones without gears.
- Licence for LMVs: This stands for Light Motor Vehicle and the licence holder is allowed to drive cars, jeeps, three-wheelers, vans, etc.
- Licence for Medium/Heavy Commercial vehicles: Navi Mumbai is host to the largest wholesale market- APMC in the country. So a large number of such vehicles ply on the roads. This is a permit given to drive the medium or heavy, goods or passenger carrier vehicles that are used for commercial purposes including buses, trucks, trailers etc.
Note: Cab and Auto Rickshaw drivers do not need a separate commercial driving licence to operate. Their personal LMV licence is enough to fulfil the legal mandates.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Navi Mumbai
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Navi Mumbai are:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: This is issued by the vehicle dealer when a new vehicle is purchased and can be used within the first 7 days from the date of delivery of the vehicle with an extension up to a month. After that, the vehicle owner must search for a permanent registration card.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: The applicant must have a valid vehicle registration certificate issued by the RTO office as soon as possible. The same is issued after proper submission of required documents by the applicant.