Panvel Deputy RTO Office
All about Deputy RTO Office in Panvel
Panvel is a locality that comes under the jurisdiction of the Raigad District and is a node of Navi Mumbai. Due to its proximity to Mumbai, it is highly populated. The Panvel RTO comes under the jurisdiction of Maharashtra State Transport Department and it was formed in order to enforce rules and regulations formed under Motor Vehicles Act,, 1988.
Official Website of Deputy RTO Office Panvel: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
MH-46 Panvel Deputy RTO Office - Navi Mumbai
Address : Central Facility Building, Steel Market, Kalamboli, Panvel Taluka, Raigad District, Maharashtra - 410218
Functions of Panvel RTO Office
Functions of RTO Panvel are critical in order to maintain the laws mentioned in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Some of the functions of RTO Panvel are:
- Issuance of learners’ licence
- Issuance of drivers’ licence
- Renewal of licence or duplicate licence
- Road safety awareness
- Collection of Tax
- Issuance of International Drivers’ Licence
- Permit for goods carriage
- Issuance of registration certificate
- Renewal of registration certificate
- Transfer of ownership
- Issuance of fitness certificate for the vehicles
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Panvel
- Two-wheeler with gear: The legal permit to ride two-wheelers that comes under the MCWG (motorcycle with gear) is issued under this licence. The licence holder is eligible to ride bikes, and scooters with gear.
- Two-wheeler without gear: Vehicles without gear which comes MCWOG (Motorcycle without gear) can driven with this licence. The licence holder can drive two-wheelers such as scooters without gear.
- Licence for LMV: The licence holder is eligible to drive cars, jeeps, three-wheelers, etc. These vehicles are categorized as Light Motor Vehicle.
- Licence for Heavy commercial vehicle: The eligibility to drive vehicles such as trucks, passengers’ vehicles, etc. are given under this vehicle.
- Motorcycle with an engine capacity 50cc or less: The applicant gets a legal permit to ride vehicles under this gear capacity. The minimum age is 16 years and requires legal consent of the parents or guardians.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Panvel
There are two types of registration given by RTO Panvel:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: The vehicle dealer issues this registration when a new vehicle is purchased. The validity of this registration ranges from 7 days to 30 days. Before the expiry of this registration the applicant must apply for Permanent Registration.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: A valid permanent vehicle registration is mandatory. The applicant must apply for the registration as soon as possible and get it issued by the RTO as soon as possible.