What Is CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship?
CBSE single girl child scholarship 2020-21 is one of the popular schemes to offer a scholarship to a single girl child. This scholarship scheme aims to cover a girl child’s education who have passed standard 10 with 60% marks and continuing further education of standard 11th and 12th.
This CBSE scholarship for single girl child recognizes a parent’s efforts to promote education and encourage meritorious single girl students among girls.
Check the full article to know about CBSE single girl child scholarship in detail.
What Is the Eligibility Required for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme?
Mentioned below are the eligibility requirements to enrol in this CBSE merit scholarship for single girl child scheme.
- All single girl students who have obtained 60% or more marks in standard 10th of CBSE Examination and are further studying standard 11 & 12 in CBSE affiliated Schools (affiliated with CBSE) get covered under this scheme. Also, their tuition fee must not exceed 1,500 during the academic year, and the total enhancement in tuition fee of such a school must not exceed 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- NRI applicants are also eligible to apply provided their tuition fees do not exceed Rs. 6,000 per month.
- Applicants must be Indian Nationals only.
- Candidates availing of this scholarship can enjoy other concessions (s) provided by the school where she is studying other organization (s).
What Is the Selection Procedure of CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child?
- A single girl child must have secured at least 60% marks in CBSE class 10th.
- An applicant must pursue 11th and 12th from CBSE affiliated schools. For selection, an Original Affidavit is required duly attested by an Executive Magistrate or Notary or First Class Judicial Magistrate or SDM as per a prescribed format on the CBSE Board’s official website (affidavit photocopy will not get accepted).
- A School Principal must attest to an undertaking where a student is studying standard 11th after passing the CBSE standard 10th board exam.
- Selection will also depend on the fact that an applicant tuition fee must not exceed ₹ 1,500 per month in class 10. Also, the enhancement in tuition fees should not exceed 10% in classes 11 & 12.
How to Apply for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme?
Mentioned below are the steps to apply for CBSE single girl child scholarship online.
- First, visit the CBSE official website. Then click on ‘New user Registration’ or ‘Renewal’.
- Read all the instructions on the official website and then hit ‘Continue’. After that, fill in the roll number, DOB (as mentioned class 10 marksheet). Now click on ‘Continue’.
- Print the undertaking mentioned on the ‘Guidelines’ document. After that, fill it, paste the photo and get the same attested from school. Make an affidavit as mentioned in the ‘Guidelines’.
- Now, scan the undertaking and affidavit. The files must be in pdf format, not exceeding 1 MB. Please note that the PDF must contain all pages.
- Finally, select ‘Upload Document’ to upload both of these documents. After that, print the confirmation page.
Please Note: Only in case of successful application, a confirmation page will appear. In case of renewal, courier the duly filled and signed confirmation page to the below address.
Assistant Secretary (Scholarship), CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi - 110 092.
Documents Required for CBSE Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
Please check the documents needed at the time of application.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate and admission proof
- Details of bank account and fees structure
- Passport size photos and scanned signature
- Student’s ID card
- Class 11th marksheet for scholarship renewal
- Bank account linked aadhaar card, bank passbook and cancelled cheque.
- Finally, an affidavit on ₹ 50 stamp paper from the girl or her parents duly attested by the gazette officer SDM or first-class magistrate, not below the rank of tehsildar. They must mention that the girl child belongs to a specific family.
Which All Benefits Are Available Under CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme?
The eligible single girl child will receive ₹ 500 each month for a maximum period of 2 years.
This CBSE merit scholarship for single girl child is extremely beneficial for a single girl child belonging to a low-income group. Also, it promotes girl child education. The above information is thus beneficial for meritorious girl students in India.