Once you are eligible for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing For All-Urban scheme, apply online and offline.
Online Steps to Apply for PMAY Urban
To apply PM Awas Yojana 2021 online, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of PMAY.
Step 2: Click on "Citizen Assessment" and click "Apply Online". Select from the four available options from the drop-down menu.
- In Situ Slum Redevelopment – People living in slums fit for redevelopment can apply for this scheme.
- Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme- The central government offers an interest subsidy on the eligible loan amount.
- Beneficiaries Lead Construction or Enhancement – The government offers substantial financial support to the EWS to construct or renovate their houses.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership – Here, the government offers up to ₹1.5 lakhs per housing unit of EWS. It allows agencies or private partnerships to provide affordable housing to beneficiaries.
Step 3: Authenticate your identity by entering your Aadhaar card or Virtual ID number and name. Click on "Check".
Step 4: The page redirects to the online application form. Fill in the required information such as your name, residential address, residential city, address etc.
Step 5: Enter captcha code and submit by clicking "Save"
Besides knowing how to apply for PM Awas Yojana online, let's know about the offline procedures to apply for this scheme.
Offline Steps to Apply for PMAY Urban
Individuals without internet access can visit the Common Service Centre, backed by state governments or financial institutions listed under PMAY. You need to pay ₹25+applicable GST to get the application form. Fill it in with relevant information such as your name, residential city etc.
Before applying for this scheme, keep the following documents handy to avoid any inconvenience in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing For All-Urban scheme:
- EWS or LIG income certificate
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Driving licence
- Bank account statements of last 6 months
- A photocopy of residential proof
- Proof of income tax return, if necessary
- Receipt of payment made to the builder
- Approved construction plan etc.