How to Check the Status of a Voter ID Card
Applicants can check their Voter ID status via different modes after applying for this document. There are both online and offline options for individuals to check their application or correction status.
Steps to Check Application Status of Voter ID Online
Follow the steps mentioned below to check Voter ID status -
- Step-1- Visit the official website of the National Voters Services Portal.
- Step-2- Click on ‘Track Application Status’.
- Step-3- Enter ‘Reference ID’ and click on ‘Track Status’. Applicants can see their Voter ID status.
Note: If your application is under processing, you can track Voter ID status again.
Steps to Check Application Status of Voter ID Via Call Service
You can track election card status via call service. Follow these steps -
- Step-1- Dial the toll-free number 1950.
- Step-2- Follow the instructions, and you will get information related to Voter ID status.
Steps to Check Application Status of Voter ID Via SMS
Below is discussed the process to check Voter ID status via SMS.
- Step-1- After successfully registering for this document, the Election Commission of India sends an SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Step-2- Find out this SMS and see whether your application has been accepted or rejected.
Note: Checking Voter ID application status is available in a few states.
Now that election card applicants know about the various ways of checking Voter ID status, they can track the same following any of the methods mentioned above as per their suitability.