How to Apply for a Duplicate Voter ID Card?
First introduced in 1993, a voter ID card permits you to elect representatives during the election. Additionally, it also serves as an important identity proof. Given its importance, make sure to apply for a duplicate voter id card if you have lost your old voter ID card. Keep reading to check the step-wise guide to apply for the same.
How to Get a Duplicate Voter ID Card Online?
Follow the step-wise guide listed below on how to get a duplicate voter ID card:
- Step 1: Download Form EPIC-002 from your respective state Chief Electoral Officer's website. Form EPIC-002 is the application form to apply for a duplicate election card online.
- Step 2: Fill in the form with the necessary details, such as your name, relative's name, residential address, locality etc.
- Step 3: Visit your nearest electoral office to submit this duly signed form and the supporting documents such as a copy of FIR, Aadhaar card etc.
Once you submit, you will receive a reference number. Keep it carefully to track the application status of a duplicate election identity card. Once your application is processed and verified, you will receive a notification to collect your duplicate voter ID card from your local electoral office.
This summarises the procedures on how to apply for duplicate voter ID online. Now let's learn about its offline application process.
How to Get a Duplicate Voter ID Card Offline?
If you are not comfortable using the internet, apply for a duplicate election card offline. Visit your nearest electoral office. Ask for Form EPIC-002. Fill it in with the required information such as –
- Your name
- Original voter ID card number
- Gender and age
- Residential address
- Locality, police station etc.
Also, put a right tick to the applicable option-
- To return the damaged voter ID card
- To return the lost voter ID card once it is recovered
Submit it to your respective local electoral office and the relevant documents such as the Aadhaar card etc.
4 Important Documents Required for Duplicate Voter ID Card
You need to submit the following documents when you apply for a duplicate voter id card:
- First Information Report in case you lost or misplaced your voter ID card
- Duly signed Form EPIC-002
- Your recent passport-sized photographs
- Identity and address proof such as Aadhaar card, passport, electricity bill etc.
How to Check the Application Status of Duplicate Voter ID Cards?
Use the reference number you received post submitting your application for a duplicate voter ID card to track its status. Here are the simple steps that you need to follow -
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the National Voters Services Portal. Select"Track Application Status".
- Step 2: Enter the reference ID and select "Track Status" to view the application status.
Alternatively, you can also check the application status by visiting the respective official website of the state election office.
Thus, this is all about how you can apply for a duplicate voter ID card. Keep the above pointers in mind for a smooth application process.