Applying for a voter ID online in Maharashtra is simple. Take a look at the following step-wise guide mentioned below –
Online Steps to Apply for Voter ID in Maharashtra
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Maharashtra. Choose "Online Voter Registration" from the menu.
- Step 2: Select Form 6 if you are registering yourself as a new voter.
- Step 3: The page redirects to the National Voters Services Portal. Log in or register with your username and password to select "Register as a New Elector/Voter).
- Step 4: Fill in the relevant information such as your name, locality, etc. Upload the supporting documents such as PAN card, electricity bills, etc. and submit.
After submitting the online application form, a Booth Level Officer will visit your residence to verify the details. You will receive your voter ID card via post to your registered address after successful verification of your application.
However, applicants without internet access can also apply for election voter ID in Maharashtra. Keep scrolling to know about this procedure.
Offline Steps to Apply for Voter ID in Maharashtra
Visit your nearest Electoral Office and ask for Form 6. You can also download this form from the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer, Maharashtra.
Here are the 2 simple steps to download -
- Step 1: After visiting the website, navigate to the "Download Forms".
- Step 2: Select the "Electoral Roll" option to download the form.
Once you receive this form, fill it in with relevant details such as your name, date of birth, age, etc. Submit it with valid documents such as PAN card, Aadhaar card etc., to the Electoral Office.
You can also submit this form to your nearest Voter's Help Centers. You can find this detail on the official website by selecting the Voter's Help Centre option. Choose your residential district to search for the same.
A Booth Level Officer will visit your residence to verify the details. Once your application is verified, you will receive your voter ID card to your registered address via post.