How to Apply for Voter ID in Uttar Pradesh?
Voter ID, also known as EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card), is a photo identity card that allows individuals to cast votes, increase efficiency and prevent fraud during democratic elections. The Election Commission of India issues this card to eligible citizens.
The application procedure is almost similar in all states. That’s why to make the process even easier for individuals of Uttar Pradesh, we have come up with a detailed discussion on the Uttar Pradesh Voter ID application process and related information.
What Is the Significance of Voter ID in Uttar Pradesh?
Uttar Pradesh has 403 assembly and 80 Lok Sabha constituencies. This state conducts an election once every five years to select the members for the State of Assembly and the Lok Sabha. To select the right candidates for the assemblies, the people of Uttar Pradesh cast their votes. Uttar Pradesh Voter ID helps to complete the voting process fairly. Let’s learn about the function, uses, and benefits of having this card.
What Is the Function of a Voter ID Card?
A Voter ID card serves as a personal and residential identity card.
What Are the Uses of a Voter ID Card?
- Individuals can use this card as identity proof and use it when making a bank account and Aadhaar card application, among other things.
- As this card has photographs, signatures, fingerprints inscribed in it, individuals can use Voter ID as additional proof.
- This card helps individuals to cast vote in Uttar Pradesh during elections.
- A Voter ID helps to curb fake votes at the time of election.
What is the Validity of a Voter ID Card?
If residents of Uttar Pradesh relocate to another assembly constituency, the Voter ID loses its validity. In such cases, they have to apply for a new card under the current assembly constituency.
What Are the Features of a Voter ID Card?
A Voter ID card features the following information -
- Cardholder’s name
- Cardholder’s gender
- Cardholder’s age
- Cardholder’s residential address
- Cardholder’s photograph
- Cardholder’s parent’s name
- Cardholder’s signature
Apart from this, the Voter ID card features -
- A hologram sticker
- Serial number
What Are the Benefits of a Voter ID Card?
A Voter ID helps residents in the following tasks:
- While buying a mobile phone SIM card
- While applying for a passport
- While travelling to Nepal or Bhutan (by land or air), this card serves as an important travel document.
From the above discussion, individuals have gained a clear idea about the Voter ID card in Uttar Pradesh along with all other states. Now we can focus on the application process.
Application Process for a Voter ID Card in Uttar Pradesh
Individuals willing to apply for a Voter ID card online can do so in both online and offline mode. Read along!
Online Steps to Apply for Voter ID Card in Uttar Pradesh
To apply for an Uttar Pradesh voter ID card online, individuals have to visit the official website Chief Electoral Officer of Uttar Pradesh and follow the steps mentioned below,
- Step-1- Navigate to ‘How to Apply for Voter Process’ under the ‘Other Services’ tab. You will be redirected to a new webpage of the National Voter’s Service Portal website.
- Step-2- Choose ‘Apply online for registration of a new voter’ from the available option. Form 6 will appear on the screen.
- Step-3- Select State and Parliamentary or Assembly Constituency.
- Step-4- In this stage, provide personal details along with information about a family member whose details are provided in the electoral roll.
- Step-5- Upload all supporting documents along with Form 6 and submit them all.
- Step-6- Once the application verification is completed, the Booth Level Officers will visit the applicant’s house for cross verification.
After that, individuals will receive Uttar Pradesh Voter ID in a week.
Now that individuals know how to apply for Voter ID online in Uttar Pradesh, we can move on to the offline application process.
Offline Steps to Apply for Voter ID Card in Uttar Pradesh
Individuals willing to opt for offline mode of Voter ID application in Uttar Pradesh can follow the steps mentioned below,
- Step-1- Collect Form 6 from the nearest Election Commission Office.
- Step-2- Fill in the form with the required information and attach supporting documents.
- Step-3- Submit the documents at the nearest Election Commission Office.
Booth Level Officers will visit the applicant’s house for verifying the application process, and once the verification is done, individuals will get a new Voter ID card in Uttar Pradesh.
What Are the Documents Required to Apply for a Voter ID Card in Uttar Pradesh?
- Proof of Identity (PAN card, student ID card, bank passbook, etc.)
- Proof of address (Aadhaar card, telephone bill, registration rent deed, bank passbook etc.)
- Passport size photographs.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for Voter ID Cards in Uttar Pradesh?
Following is a list of the eligibility parameters required for applying for a Voter ID card in Uttar Pradesh -
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Applicants must be 18 years or above.
- They must not be financially bankrupt.
How to Download a Voter ID Card in Uttar Pradesh?
Individuals willing to download voter ID in Uttar Pradesh can follow the process discussed below,
- Step-1- Visit the official website of NVSP (National Voters’ Service Portal).
- Step-2- Click on ‘Search your name in an electoral roll’.
- Step-3- Next, select ‘Search by details’ and provide the required information.
- Step-4- After that, you can print a voter ID card.
How to Check the Status of Voter ID in Uttar Pradesh?
Individuals have to follow the steps mentioned below to check Voter ID status in Uttar Pradesh -
- Step-1- Visit the official website of the CEO of Uttar Pradesh.
- Step-2- Select the ‘Online’ tab.
- Step-3- Check application status by clicking on “Search by Area/ Search by ID/ Search by Name”.
- Step-4- Click on ‘Show’, and the results will appear immediately.
Apart from this, individuals can check their status via SMS. For this, they have to send an SMS stating the UPEPIC voter ID number to 9212357123.
Guidelines to Follow While Applying for Voter ID in Uttar Pradesh
Here is a list of guidelines individuals have to follow while applying for Uttar Pradesh Voter ID.
- Individuals cannot enrol their names in more than one constituency. Subsequently, they need to check their name before applying for a new Voter ID in Uttar Pradesh.
- They must be careful while entering data in forms.
- For online applications, individuals of Uttar Pradesh must scan the required documents.
Now that individuals know about the application process of Uttar Pradesh Voter Id, they can easily apply for the same and become eligible for voting.