- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
Take a Look at the list of the Top CNG Cars currently available in India
CNG Cars in India - Hatchback
1. Maruti Wagon R
The Maruti Wagon R is easily one of the most popular CNG hatchback cars in India. It is available in 3 variants – L, V and Z with their own set of attractive features. The car comes in two varying engine capacities of 1.0 litre and 1.2 litres. The one with a 1.0-litre engine can generate a maximum power of 68PS with a 90Nm torque.
On the other hand, the 1.2-litre engine variant gives 83PS power and 113Nm torque. The Wagon R has also been updated with BSVI compliant standards.
- Engine Displacement – 998cc
- Mileage – 33.54km/kg
- Price – Ranging between Rs.4.45 lakh and Rs.5.94 lakh
- Award – This car was the winner of “best value hatchback” from the 2019 World Car Awards. (1)
2. Maruti Celerio
One of the best CNG cars in India 2019, the Celerio is an affordable, hatchback, available in 6 variants in the market. It comes with a BS-VI compliant 3-cylinder engine with 1-litre fuel capacity.
It also features a 5-speed manual transmission and is capable of generating a power of 59PS and 78Nm torque.
- Engine Displacement – Upto 990cc
- Mileage – 31.79km/kg
- Price – Ranges between Rs.4.41 lakh and Rs.5.58 lakh
- Award – Maruti Celerio was bestowed the Best Innovation Award by the 2015 World Auto Forum. (2)
3. Hyundai Santro
The Santro has been a favourite among Indian car-owners for quite a while now. With the CNG and BSVI upgrades, it has the potential of becoming one of the highest-selling hatchbacks in the country.
It is available in 4 variants, out of which only the Sportz and Magna variants come with the factory-fitted CNG kit. Its 1.1litre engine can generate a maximum power of 59PS and an 84Nm torque.
- Engine Displacement – Up to 1086cc
- Mileage – 30.48km/kg
- Price – Between Rs.5.84 lakh and Rs.6.20 lakh
- Award – It was one of the three finalists of the 2019 World Car of the Year Award. (3)
4. Maruti Alto 800
Among the best mileage CNG cars in India, the Alto 800 is a sensible car, perfect for daily commute. It is available in 6 variants and comes with the latest BSVI upgrade with its CNG engine.
This 5-seater vehicle boasts a 177-litre boot space. It also features a 0.8-litre engine with a maximum power of 48PS and a 69Nm torque.
- Engine Displacement – Up to 796cc
- Mileage – 31.59km/kg
- Price – Rs.2.88 lakh and Rs.4.09 lakh
- Award – The Alto 800 has bagged several awards since its launch including the “best value for money car of the year” at the 2013 Autocar India Awards. (4)
5. Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
The i10 Nios is one of the latest cars (launched in April 2020) to have the CNG variant introduced in the market. Sleek and modern, this car offers the best of style and performance to owners.
Equipped with a 1.2-litre engine, it offers a maximum power of 69PS and a torque of 95Nm. The company has also launched a BSVI compliant model of this car.
- Engine Displacement – Up to 1197cc
- Mileage – Around 20.7km/kg
- Price – Rs.6.63 lakh
- Award – It has been awarded the “New Hatchback of the Year” by Droom’s Jury’s Choice Awards. (5)
CNG Cars in India - Sedan
6. Hyundai Aura
One of the best CNG sedan cars in India, it has five variants available in the market, of which only one has been updated with a CNG kit and BS-VI emission standard. This S variant comes with a 1.2-litre engine with 5-speed manual transmission. It is capable of generating maximum power of 83PS and 114Nm torque.
● Engine Displacement – Up to 1197cc
● Mileage – An average of 25.4km/kg
● Price – Around Rs.7.28 lakh
It was launched in January 2020.
Other CNG Models Popular in India
7. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
The Ertiga is a 7-seater and is available in four variants in India. Even though it doesn’t fall under the category of the highest mileage CNG car in India, its specs and other features more than make up for it.
This car features a 1.5-litre engine and offers a maximum power of 92PS with 122Nm torque. The car is also equipped with industry-first safety features like ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, reverse parking sensors, etc.
- Engine Displacement – Up to 1462cc
- Mileage – 26.8km/kg
- Price – Rs.8.95 lakh
- Award – Ertiga bagged the “Car of the Year” award at the 2019 Autocar India Awards. (7)
8. Maruti Eeco
The Eeco is a sturdy and reliable family-car that has recently received upgrades like a factory-fitted CNG kit and a BSVI engine upgrade.
The car features a 1.2-litre engine with a 5-speed manual transmission. The car can generate a maximum power of up to 63PS with an 85Nm torque.
- Engine Displacement – Up to 1196cc
- Mileage – 21.94km/kg
- Price – Ranging between Rs.3.8 lakh and Rs.4.95 lakh
9. Bajaj Qute RE60
This is India’s first quadricycle, which can be utilised for both personal and commercial use. This car has a 2+2 seating configuration and is available at an extremely affordable price.
Even though it lacks advanced features, it was one of the best mileage CNG cars in India in 2019. Its engine can generate 10.98PS of power and 16.1Nm torque.
- Engine Displacement – Up to 216cc
- Mileage – 43.0km/kg
- Price – Rs.2.78 lakh
Upcoming CNG Car Models in India in 2020
10. Maruti S-Presso VXI and LXI
These two variants of the Maruti S-Presso are receiving CNG updates and are expected to launch in the month of May in 2020.
Even though the specs for these models are being kept undercover, for now, these hatchbacks are expected to offer excellent performance, as is the norm with their previously launched variants.
- Engine Displacement – Around 998cc
- Mileage – An average of 21.4km/kg
- Price – Estimated to be around Rs.4.55 lakh
These are the top cars under the CNG category, currently available in the Indian market.
Therefore, those looking to switch to a more environment-friendly option for their daily commute can check out any of the above-given options as their potential purchase!