RTO Pimpri Chinchwad
Get a Motor Insurance quote for your Car/Bike.
- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
RTO Office in Pimpri Chinchwad
The RTO of Pimpri Chinchwad was established under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, section 213, to enforce the law and regulations for proper maintenance of transport laws in the city as mentioned under the act.
The Pimpri Chinchwad RTO falls under the Pune transport department and on state-level under the Maharashtra RTO.
MH-14 RTO Office in Pimpri Chinchwad
Purna Complex, A Wing, Opp. Telco Gate, Chikhali Road, Pimpari Chinchwad, Pune - 411019
Functions of RTO Pimpri Chinchwad
Following below are the functions of RTO Pimpri Chinchwad, which are more or less in line with the defined functions of other state/city RTOs.
- Issuance of licences, international driving licence, conductor licence, and related services
- Registration of different vehicle models including personal and commercial, permits, NOC issuance, among others
- Revenue collection for the government
- Inspection of vehicles at check posts
- Road Tax Collection
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Pimpri Chinchwad
The vehicle genre for which Pimpri Chinchwad RTO can issue driving licence are as follows:
- Two-wheeler with an engine capacity of 50cc or less - Applicant age to be 16 or above years with guardian/ parents’ consent and required documents
- Two-wheeler with gear - MCWG: Applicant age to be 18 or above years of age with valid required documents.
- Two-wheeler without gear- MCWOG: Issued for mopeds or two-wheelers without gear
- Heavy commercial vehicle: Applicant must be 8th standard qualified and over or equal to 18 years of age with driving training certificate from registered school under the state government
- Driving Licence for road rollers, trailers, dozers, cranes, among others
- Licence for LMV: Applicant must be 18 years of age or above with valid required documents to drive cars, jeeps under this type of licence.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Office Pimpri Chinchwad
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Pimpri Chinchwad are:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: Validity for 7 seven days since the day of issue with an extension permissible till one month. This is issued by the vehicle dealer when a new vehicle is purchased, however, after that, the vehicle owner must apply for a permanent registration card, as soon as possible.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: Valid for one month and needs to be renewed again. This is a must-have for legal commutation on Indian roads and is mandatory; it is issued by local RTOs.