Vashi Deputy RTO Office
All about RTO Offices in Vashi
Vashi is a city in Navi Mumbai which is off the west coast of Maharashtra. It was developed in 1972 as a new urban township of Mumbai and is currently the largest planned city in the world. RTO Vashi comes under the jurisdiction of Maharashtra State Transport Department. RTO Vashi was formed to ensure that the rules of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 was established.
Official Website of RTO Vashi: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
MH-43 Vashi Deputy RTO Office - Navi Mumbai
Block-T, Sector 19/B, APMC Market, Navi Mumbai, Vashi, Maharashtra - 400705
Functions of RTO Offices in Vashi
Much like RTOs all over India, the functions of RTO Vashi include licence issuance, registration, etc. Some of the primary functions of RTO Vashi are:
- Issue fitness certificate
- Issue new and duplicate registration certificate
- Issue and renew permits
- Issue NOC
- Collection of road tax
- Issue and renew driving licence
- Ensure road safety measures
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Vashi
- Licence for heavy commercial vehicle: The eligibility to drive heavy commercial vehicles such as trucks, goods, passenger vehicles, etc is given under this licence. One cannot drive these vehicles without these vehicles.
- Licence for LMV: A legal permit to drive vehicles such as jeeps, vans, three-wheelers, etc is given under this licence. LMV stands Light Motor Vehicle.
- Two-wheeler with gear: The eligibility ride bikes and scooters with gears are issued under this licence. This sect falls under MCWG (Motor Cycle with Gear)
- Two-wheeler without gear: The permit to ride two-wheelers under MCWOG (Motor Cycle without Gear) is issued under this licence. Scooters without gears, moped, etc. come under this category.
- Motorcycle with an engine capacity of 50cc or less: The simplest form of licence where the minimum age eligibility to apply for this licence is only 16 years old. The application for this licence will, however, require legal consent of the parents or guardians of the applicant.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Vashi
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Vashi are:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: A vehicle dealer issues this registration when a new vehicle is purchased, and it can be used within 7 days from the date of delivery with an extension up to 1 month. A permanent registration licence must be applied during this time.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: A vehicle can be owned only when proper registration certificate is issued. The applicant must apply for permanent vehicle registration as soon as possible.