Get a Motor Insurance quote for your Car/Bike.
- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
RTO Offices in Pune
The RTO of Pune was established under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, section 213, to impose the MV Act’s rules, regulations and provisions. The RTO Pune is headed by the transport commissioner of the state of Maharashtra and would also abide by the regulations laid down in the Maharashtra state vehicles regulations, 1989.
Official Website of RTO Pune: https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in/1035/Home
MH-12 RTO Office Pune
38, Dr. Ambedkar Raod, Near Sangam Bridge, Pune - 411001
9:30AM - 6:30PM
91-20-26058080 / 26058090
Functions of RTO Offices in Pune
Nationwide, the functions of RTO remains the same as under the MV Act, 1988. However, sometimes certain state/region-specific RTOs include specific functions and goals along with the general regulations in their curriculum. Following below are the functions of RTO Pune:
- Implementation of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 provisions, Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 and Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Regulations, 1989
- Focus on coordinated growth of Road Transport via the levy, permit and tax collection regime as per Bombay Motor Vehicle Act, 1958
- Issuance/renewal of driving licence and related services
- Issuance/renewal of permits and related services
- Road Tax collection
Types of Driving Licence issued in RTO Pune
- Motorcycles with gear (MCWOG): Applicant must be 18 years or above with valid required documents. These are Light Motor Vehicles used for private, commercial or transport.
- Two-wheelers without gear (MCWG): Issued for mopeds or two-wheelers without gear
- Motorcycle with an engine capacity of up-to 50cc: Applicant must be 16 or above years of age and should have the consent of his guardian or parents along with the required documents
- Light motor vehicles(LMV): Three-wheelers and four-wheelers fall under this class of driving licence. The licence holder can drive cars, jeeps, vans etc
- Heavy commercial vehicle: Applicant must be 8th standard qualified and over or equal to 18 years of age with driving training certificate from registered school under the state government. There are several categories under this type of commercial vehicle licence like heavy passenger carrier, heavy goods carrier, etc.
- Driving Licence for road rollers, trailers, among others
Note: Cab and Auto Rickshaw drivers can operate using their personal LMV licence.
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Pune
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Pune are:
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: This is issued for a limited period of time by the dealer of the vehicle at the time of purchase and is valid only for 7 days. This is just a basic registration that makes it legal for you to drive the vehicle and in cases can be extended up to one month. However, you have to get it registered permanently within a period of 7 days.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: This refers to the actual registration of the vehicle at the concerned RTO within 7 days of delivery of the vehicle. The permanent registration would be valid for 15 years and needs renewal with the RTO Pune.