Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) Scheme
To ensure affordable rental accommodation to migrant workers, students, and urban poor, the Central Government has launched the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) Scheme.
Want to know if you can benefit from the same?
Check out the complete details regarding the Affordable Housing Scheme.
What Is Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) Scheme?
The Affordable Rental Housing Complexes scheme is a sub-scheme of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban that targets urban migrants and students and provides affordable rental housing near their workplace.
The Honorable Finance Minister announced the scheme on 14th May 2020 to fulfil the vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat. This scheme will be implemented through two modules. These are -
- Module I- This module will utilise existing Government funded vacant houses and convert them into affordable housing complexes. The conversion will be done through a concession agreement of 25 years.
- Module II- In this module, Public and Private Entities will construct, operate, and maintain affordable housing complexes on their own land for 25 years.
Features and Objectives of Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Scheme
The features of the ARHC Scheme are as follows -
- This scheme will be implemented in all Statutory towns as per the census 2011 and Towns notified.
- Projects under ARHCs will get funding till the period of PMAY (2022).
- One can use these housings under this scheme for rental purposes only.
- The Ministry will release a grant of ₹ 60,000 for single bedroom units, ₹1,00,000 for double bedroom units, and ₹ 20,000 per Dormitory Beds as ‘Technology Innovation Grant.’
- Public or Private Entities can house their workers and satiate the requirement of neighbouring entities.
The prime objective of the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes scheme is to build a conducive ecosystem for private or public entities to leverage investment in rental housing.
Eligibility Criteria for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Scheme
Beneficiaries of the Affordable Rental Housing scheme must belong to any of the following categories of urban poor or migrant workers –
- Economically Weaker Section (ESW)
- Lower Income Group (LIG)
Beneficiaries can also include industrial workers, along with migrants working with –
- market/trade associations
- hospitality sector
- educational/health institutions
Other eligible individuals include –
- Street vendors
- Rickshaw pullers
- Other service providers
This scheme gives preference to individuals belonging to SC/ST/OBCs, widows and working women, those qualifying under Divyang, minorities subject to beneficiaries being from EWS/LIG segments as stated by the Government.
Documents Required for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Scheme
Individuals willing to apply for the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes scheme, a central government house scheme must prepare the documents listed below -
- Identity Card
- Address Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Size Photograph
Now that you know about this scheme’s eligibility parameters and document requirements, you can apply for the ARHC scheme easily.
Let’s see how!
How to Apply for an Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Scheme?
Here is a step-by-step guide to Affordable Housing Scheme application -
Step-1: Visit the official website of Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Scheme and click on ‘Registration’ on the homepage.
Step-2: Next, click on “Register” on the login page and fill in the application form opening under the Registration by ‘Public and Private Entities’.
Step-3: Verify captcha and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the application process.
Benefits of Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Scheme
Here is a brief overview of how individuals can benefit from this Government-backed scheme -
- ARHC scheme aims to provide affordable housing to 3 lakh beneficiaries, i.e., urban migrants/workers.
- Beneficiaries can enjoy exemptions from GST and other specific taxes.
- Private and public entities are offered special incentives and benefits to build affordable rental housing complexes on their unused lands. Here, they can get a Technology Innovation Grant (TIG) for using innovative technology. Also, they can receive 50% additional Floor Area Ratio (FAR) or Floor Space Index (FSI) free of cost, single-window clearance (30 days), and other benefits.
- Since this scheme will give housing facilities to the urban migrants and poor close to their workplace, they can save their transportation costs.
- This scheme offers a sustained supply of human resources for manufacturing units and industries.
- ARCH is expected to develop job opportunities in the rental housing sector.
Hopefully, the above discourse has shed some light on the details of ARHC scheme. You can now easily follow the given information to apply for the Affordable Housing Scheme and ensure a standard living environment close to your workplace at affordable prices.